Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Passing 30lbs down - plenty more to go!

MisskittyfantasticoMisskittyfantastico Posts: 35Member Member Posts: 35Member Member
I’ve never shared anything like this before, but I’ve been finding this community really helpful, so I wanted to.

I have PCOS and am trying to lose a good amount of weight to improve my future chances of conceiving. I’m trying hard to do things sensibly this time, although it’s hard. I have a tendency to extremes. But anyway, here goes! I’m trying on the same size dress (different colour and sleeves) that I did about 3 months ago. 30lbs down and at least the same again left to lose.

It feels really nice to feel nicer in clothes and not to be so worried everything won’t fit. It’s scary, too. I really hope I can continue and meet my goal and then maintain a healthy weight. It’s been really hard at times in some ways, although not as awful as it’s been in the past.

cuv52btp0aly.jpeg

Replies

• mathdad41mathdad41 Posts: 95Member Member Posts: 95Member Member
    Well done! Best of luck
  • bronaghCPMbronaghCPM Posts: 27Member Member Posts: 27Member Member
    Amazing progress, congrats!
  • kali31337kali31337 Posts: 798Member, Premium Member Posts: 798Member, Premium Member
    Great job!!
  • jls1leather9497jls1leather9497 Posts: 90Member Member Posts: 90Member Member
  • grrrlwondergrrrlwonder Posts: 59Member, Premium Member Posts: 59Member, Premium Member
    Congratulations!
  • cds_momto3cds_momto3 Posts: 316Member Member Posts: 316Member Member
    Well done!!! Thats a great and very noticeable difference!! Best wishes to you when you do start trying to conceive! My friend had (has?) PCOS and is now pregnant with baby #3 so it is possible!

Also - that denim dress is super cute!! Where were you at?
  • TravisJHuntTravisJHunt Posts: 466Member Member Posts: 466Member Member
    Awesome job!
  • MisskittyfantasticoMisskittyfantastico Posts: 35Member Member Posts: 35Member Member
    Thank you so much! I don’t know if you’re in the US, but the dress is in a UK shop called ‘Seasalt’. I’m not sure if it’s just UK based?

Silly as it may seem, it’s nice to have some external validation on something like this. It’s hard not to obsess on your current imperfections even as you look back on a decent amount of weight loss. I think that’s what prompted me to post, probably. Feeling like I wanted some perspective from the community!
  • FiveptsFivepts Posts: 689Member Member Posts: 689Member Member
    You look fantastic. Great job!
  • rosioramarosiorama Posts: 300Member Member Posts: 300Member Member
    Congrats and good luck. It totally feels good to know clothes will fit. Not sure where the fear part comes in... hugs to you.
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,273Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,273Member, Premium Member
    You look great!! That's fantastic progress in 3 months, your hard work shows!
    edited March 14
  • MisskittyfantasticoMisskittyfantastico Posts: 35Member Member Posts: 35Member Member
    Thank you!! I feel like people notice. It’s so hard isn’t it? I feel like I want people to notice I have lost weight in a way because it makes it feel real and not in my mind. But it’s scary, too. Makes me feel like ugh that means they notice how big I am/was too!!
  • oneillm45oneillm45 Posts: 43Member, Premium Member Posts: 43Member, Premium Member
    Well done. I can definitely see a big change!