Who’s new to maintenance?

I am 2 lb to goal so starting to increase my calories. Moved from 1300 to 1400 today. I don’t get many steps in at work at all, so I am going to try slowly upping 1600 calories for maintenance at first, then take it from there. My clothes fit fantastic. I am just going to shave off 2 more lb so when I “gain” some non-fat scale weight in maintenance I won’t be so annoyed :)

Planning to start lifting weights for a little recomp soon.

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Welcome to the group, we're a pretty awesome bunch :#B)

Sounds like you're approaching maintenance with a good plan in place!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I just transitioned to maintenance myself. I’m continuing my workouts for body composition and fitness. I gained 6lb the week I initially transitioned and almost panicked but it’s evened out now. I am at the top of my maintenance range but feeling good. Congratulations on reaching your goal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    enjoy the extra calories
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 874 Member
    Been maintaining for a year now. :)

Although I am up 5lbs I have recognized it and it's time to tighten up my food consumption to get back to normal. If I didn't monitor my weight it would not be pretty for me... lol
  • laurenhugs23
    laurenhugs23 Posts: 153 Member
    Hi I'm new to maintenance too! I have bounced around my GW for the past 11 days. I eat more some days (1500 Cal) and still have 1200 calorie days. I don't want to eat at maintenance until my weight trend line app reaches my GW. It just gives me peace of mind, ya know? My weight fluctuates too much and I want it to feel solidified but I have no idea how long that will take. For now I read all the new maintenance posts to get my head there.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I am now in maintenance and am learning that I’m no longer in “Army boot camp” with my training so am learning how to relax.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Nice plan OP - it's important for many to replace the weight loss goal with another goal to keep your focus while maintaining and recomp is a great ambition. Enjoy!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    2lb to go too. Feel free to add me