Athlean X Workout Program Questions

I follow Jeff Cavaliere and Athlean X on YouTube and really like him. I also just started using the 6 Pack Promise app for my abs workout. I see that the Athlean X website has programs for sale, and I am interested in the AX-1: Training Camp 90-day program.

I am having trouble finding detailed reviews online. I can find reviews of people saying whether they like Jeff or not, or his YouTube videos, or even general reviews of the programs, but I don't feel like I have a clear idea of what specifically to expect.

If someone has already done one of the Athlean X programs, is it formatted like the 6 Pack Promise app, with each day having a list of the exercises for that session, with a short video snippet of how to perform the exercise, and then the # of reps/time specified for each exercise?

I typically go running or use workout DVDs, so this will be a change of pace for me. Just trying to have a general idea of the format and what to expect.

Thanks!

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Just bumping up to see if anyone can give a little feedback on the Athlean X workouts, particularly their format. Thanks!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Have you tried contacting Jeff, directly and asking for details? Zero contact with him or his programs but do follow on IG and he seems fairly open to answer questions.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    You can find good programs for free.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Have you tried contacting Jeff, directly and asking for details? Zero contact with him or his programs but do follow on IG and he seems fairly open to answer questions.

I wasn't quite sure how to contact Jeff, but I see a support email address on the Athlean X website that I will try. Thanks!

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have Xero, Ax1 and Ax2, and yes -you're given access to a calendar with each days workouts + the option for various ab exercises after each workout. You can get limited access, usually good for about 20 days longer than the program takes, or lifetime access for about $20 US more.

You're also provided a suggested meal plan to go along with the workouts for free. I don't really use that, but it's nice to have.

That said, highly recommended. Just remember to scale the workouts to you and don't beat yourself up if you can't complete what he has laid out each day, especially on something like Xero. It's pretty grueling.

edit: ijsantos2005 also makes a good point - lots of free, perfectly solid programs out there for free.

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Thank you, Phirrgus! I just saw this today. I like the way Jeff Cavaliere explains things, and I like the variety and intensity of the exercises in 6 Pack Promise, so it seems like I would like (and stick to) the weight training workout too.
  • jls1leather9497
    jls1leather9497 Posts: 90 Member
    I dont have his 'programs', but I have watched a number of his WHYtube videos. That's saying quite a bit from somebody who knows much of that site is just attention needy dribble.
    I like Jeff's 'work out on your feet' approach.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    Thank you, Phirrgus! I just saw this today. I like the way Jeff Cavaliere explains things, and I like the variety and intensity of the exercises in 6 Pack Promise, so it seems like I would like (and stick to) the weight training workout too.
    @RisingAboveIt - Love the user name by the way :) Jeff does a great job with explanations - like jls1leather9497 mentioned search out his WHY youtube videos. Just (can't stress this enough) make sure you search out free or other programs too. Jeff's are excellent, but a bit pricey and a lot of folks can do just fine, especially starting out, with the tons of free, or less expensive content out there. At the top of each forum is a "Most helpful posts" section. This list is in there..
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Take a browse, ask questions and see what you think. And best fortune which ever program you start with! :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Thank you for the link! I will check them out. Free is good :)
  • jls1leather9497
    jls1leather9497 Posts: 90 Member
    Free IS good. It wont take long before you'll be able to 'feel out' where you want to adjust the programming to fit YOU.
    Nike was right - just do it. Start slow, you can always add on. Ounce of prevention as they say ...
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    @jls1leather9497, I took your advice and have been looking at free programs online, and reading articles to get ideas to piece together a workout plan. I have a nice set of dumbbells already, and I am planning to get a barbell so I can lift heavier, especially for my legs. I am a runner and feel like my upper body gets neglected, so I have been hunting upper body workouts.