Any powerlifters?

Looking for people to add on here that have similar goals/interests as mine. I am pretty new to the sport. Just hired my first coach a few months ago. Been training in the lifts for about 6 months. I am hoping to do my first competition next year. Currently cutting down to the 240 weight class. Currently 270.

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I train in more of a "powerbuilding" hybrid style but may consider dabbling in competing. There are plenty of us lifting hanging around.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    @quiksylver296 I was going to tag you in this post. Then I said she will be responding soon! LOL! :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 I was going to tag you in this post. Then I said she will be responding soon! LOL! :D

And @Chieflrg and @PowerliftingMom, and @usmcmp, and @avietvet, and @MissKalhan, and let's see... who else?!?
  • RMaxwell90
    RMaxwell90 Posts: 36 Member
    I too am addicted to ammonia and caffeine! 😉
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    Good to know there are other powerlifters around on this site.

@RMaxwell90 I never got into the whole ammonia thing lol.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Right here bro. Lifting iron is my thing
  • RMaxwell90
    RMaxwell90 Posts: 36 Member
    @ryan_powerlifter there's still plenty of time for that lol.
  • maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Powerbuilding. I like that. That kind of describes my 35 years with iron. Never competed in either though, LOL.
  • ginakennelly
    ginakennelly Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a powerlifter got 2 comps coming up this year! Still juggling the right macros to cut a few more kilos
  • jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    I too just started powerlifting in October. I'm still cutting a large amount of weight while learning the lifts. I think my first comp will be next year. Everyone add me! I need more PL friends!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Olympic weightlifting here
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Started taking PL training seriously in January, hoping to get into my first comp this year
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    I just noticed my name was mentioned here about a week ago lol. I just finished deloading today and I'm getting ready for my 10th powerlifting meet Saturday! I'm coming off a shoulder injury and got a 5 lb. PB in squats (255 lbs), a 10lb. gym PR in deadlifting (310) and my bench form is much better this 16 week training block. I'm also working with a new coach and new programming so I'm excited to see the results! Feel free to add me
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    I'm still working on joining the 1000 lb club at age 50.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I just noticed my name was mentioned here about a week ago lol. I just finished deloading today and I'm getting ready for my 10th powerlifting meet Saturday! I'm coming off a shoulder injury and got a 5 lb. PB in squats (255 lbs), a 10lb. gym PR in deadlifting (310) and my bench form is much better this 16 week training block. I'm also working with a new coach and new programming so I'm excited to see the results! Feel free to add me

Good luck Saturday, @PowerliftingMom!!!

My next meet is June 8.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    going for my first meet tomorrow morning... I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member

Good luck & have fun
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member

Good luck & have fun

thank you... i am really scared though.. haha...
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member

Good luck Saturday, @PowerliftingMom!!!

My next meet is June 8.

Thank you! I had a great meet!!