What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    That you will get cold much more easily and quickly. I went from 144 to 119 (though currently 122 and I’m working to get back to 119) and I cannot believe how much more easily I get cold. I know it’s because I lost a lot of my insulation. But still. I didn’t expect this.

And just how good you’re going to feel the first time you can fit into an extra small. I was so happy when I tried on and fit into a Banana Republic shirt that’s an extra small. I did buy it.

A lot of the cold comes from eating in a deficit rather than actual body fat (it has an impact, just not as significant). Having a "diet break" and going to maintenance always warms me right up, no matter where I am with my weight.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't worry, it might not always be this bad!

Hopefully being in deficit and 40 lbs down that happens to me this summer, I'm always so miserable in the heat!

I started deficit eating around May last year and I think it helped a lot, even though I had not lost a whole lot yet! I didn't have to turn on the a/c as much except during the hottest days.
  • smiliekiwi
    smiliekiwi Posts: 92 Member
    smiliekiwi wrote: »
    Um. What is a woo? ( I’ve always thought it like woo hoo).
    I think it means that a person’s post is like woo science — as in not actual science or not based in fact but myth. It’s often the case that there are commonly held beliefs but the belief is not based on any kind of objective research and thus it never goes away. Many people continue to believe for example, that fasting can slow down the metabolism and that’s why it’s important to eat regularly but that’s an example of woo science. Well, that’s how I see the woo option anyway.

Ahh thank you

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!