Anyone have 100+ pounds to lose?

Replies

• amsincl83
    amsincl83 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey all my name is Angela and I have over 100 lbs to lose. Thank really started to dig in last week on 5/4 focusing on my nutrition and exercise. I am already down 5.2lbs and 11.5 inches overall.

Please also feel free to add me

I have been having trouble adding friends on MFP. 🙁 Please add me!

[edited by MFP mods]
  • DeahB2015
    DeahB2015 Posts: 2 Member
    I have around 70 pounds to lose, in order to get into the pre-obese BMI. However, my ultimate goal is a lose around 90-100 pounds. This time around, its not just about esthetics - I have some health issues along with insulin resistance and need to get these under control. I really hope that together with weight loss my hormones will normalize.
  • scoobs83
    scoobs83 Posts: 1 Member
    donnadski3 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I begin today. I wish you all the very best in this journey to a healthier lifestyle. My name is Donna, i am 45 years young. I could use all the support I can get, I too would like to lose 100+. I'm on a journey of teaching myself that I need to Eat to live, not live to eat. I began today by counting my calorie intake, high protein low carb.

One thing I struggle with is my water intake. I don't hate it, but I do not drink enough of it. I heard once that if you add anything to your water (crystal light, water flavoring), your body does not digest it the same way plain water is digested. Does anyone have any advice on that?

• Smg1979
    Smg1979 Posts: 11 Member
    I need to lose around 100!! Anyone feel free to add me! I need the motivation!
  • MWPaul
    MWPaul Posts: 2 Member
    My names Matthew,I've been on here a couple of times, and every time I just go back to eating and drinking pop and garbage. need to lose 100 to 120 lbs and also need to do it with little knee impact because well of course knees get worse as you put more weight on them.
  • baileyD2019
    baileyD2019 Posts: 1 Member
    I have exactly 100 pounds until I reach my goal weight. I was 60 pounds away and found out I was expecting. 3 months post partum and I'm ready to get back to trying to rech my goal!
  • Leonny7
    Leonny7 Posts: 13 Member
    @MWPaul Hi 👋🏻 Matthew, I do low impact exercise like swimming 🏊🏻‍♀️ because of my weight on my joints. Try it & see if it helps! Goodluck. 🍀👍🏻
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    My total goal is to lose 110lbs... I am creeping up to 40lbs gone. It is a challenging journey for sure with lots of bumps on the way :)
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2019
    ilgirl8t11 wrote: »
    Due to medications over the past 5 years and health issues I've gained a lot of weight! Feel free to add me, I have a long way to go ( over 100 pounds) now that I'm finally off of the medications. We CAN do this!! Let's hold each other accountable!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

Let's do this! I have well over 100 to lose and I am ready to get back at it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi there!
    I am in the home stretch of a journey to lose 100+ and want to also suggest a couple of MFP community groups:

Let's Lose 100+: Just what it says! Lots of people on a similar journey!

Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group: This group has been especially helpful for me. Weekly weigh-ins (totals used in a team tally), daily check-ins (how are you doing according to your plan for yourself for food, water, exercise), lots of sharing and discussion of victories and challenges. The team challenge is set up on a monthly basis, but you can join anytime. You get put on a team's cheering squad until the next month starts, which just means your weigh-in isn't part of the tallies yet. Very friendly, very motivating!
  • prap2016
    prap2016 Posts: 6 Member
    I've struggled with keeping my weight off for years. Now my dad is having several health issues with obesity and I don't wanna end up that way. I'm 315 lbs and wanna get down to 170 lbs
  • LoseItWithTamra
    LoseItWithTamra Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! My name is Tamra and I definitely have more than 100 pounds to lose! I’ve started and stalled multiple times, however I’m getting into my 30’s and starting to feel some of the consequences of this extra weight. I want to live a long healthy life - so I need to get serious! Please add me if you’d like! I’d love some new friends to stay accountable with!
  • donnadski3
    donnadski3 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi all.. feel free to add me as well.. We got this!! :)
  • katenickoles
    katenickoles Posts: 4 Member
    ilgirl8t11 wrote: »
    Due to medications over the past 5 years and health issues I've gained a lot of weight! Feel free to add me, I have a long way to go ( over 100 pounds) now that I'm finally off of the medications. We CAN do this!! Let's hold each other accountable!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

How do I add people?
  • Leonny7
    Leonny7 Posts: 13 Member
    @katenickoles click on their name & it shows that person page. Click on their name again & the click on the + add & type you user name & + then it will say if request has been sent. I’ll add you too mine now. Goodluck 🍀
  • jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Everyone! I begin today. I wish you all the very best in this journey to a healthier lifestyle. My name is Donna, i am 45 years young. I could use all the support I can get, I too would like to lose 100+. I'm on a journey of teaching myself that I need to Eat to live, not live to eat. I began today by counting my calorie intake, high protein low carb.

One thing I struggle with is my water intake. I don't hate it, but I do not drink enough of it. I heard once that if you add anything to your water (crystal light, water flavoring), your body does not digest it the same way plain water is digested. Does anyone have any advice on that?

You do not need to try to drink as much water as you might think. What you need to pay attention to is the color of your urine. If it is a light/pale yellow then you are properly hydrated. You can get water from coffee, tea, water with crystal light, and foods. Your body does not process water differently if you add a 0 calorie flavor.

I am in the process of losing over 100lbs!

SW: 280
    CW: 197
    GW: 150

Add me or message me for any questions, tips, motivation, etc. I think trying to lose over 100lbs is so different from someone trying to lose 20 or so pounds.

• donnadski3
    donnadski3 Posts: 13 Member
    Day 7! There is something about waking up to the sun shining bright that drives my motivation! Today I woke up to snow! 🤬🤬

Let's talk about motivation for a second..

Have you ever had so much motivation, energy and focus that you were just raring to go? I wake up like that on most days. Filled will the drive. Sometimes it deflates in the first two hours sometimes it doesn't.
    I need to find something to do so that I feel like It's being put to good use. I thought about joining a gym, but, if I don't have a trainer I feel like it would be a waste. I can walk on the treadmill all I want or the bike, I never feel like a work out was accomplished. Maybe I lose focus. My mind would rather do boxing or kick boxing, my body says WTF are you crazy?!? This is a real struggle for me. Maybe I need to hang mirrors around my house so the "Out of site, out of mind" theory can no longer be entertained.

What do you do to feel like you had a successful workout? Do you work with a trainer?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you are all having a fantastic day!! :)
  • Empress62
    Empress62 Posts: 91 Member
    Day 7!

What do you do to feel like you had a successful workout? Do you work with a trainer?

Hello all, my name is Pam and I am almost at the end of the first two months of my current get healthy plan. My starting weight is 254 and my goal weight is 130. I am currently at 231.2. So almost under the 100 poumds to lose mark!

I work out by alternating cardio, which is playing the Just Dance game on the xbox, and weight training, which is various full body exercises with dumbbells, like lunges, squats, planks, pushups, curls and presses.

I know I've had a successful workout when I take out my ponytail and my hair is damp.

We all can do this! Friend me if you would like.
    9y58bjf3dzdp.jpg