Looking to lose my gut & build my butt 🤷🏾‍♀️

I know the two contradict each other because to build you have to be in a surplus & to lose you should be in a deficit. I have a lot of belly fat & I dont want to bulk and add more to that. Any advice? I am what people call “skinny fat”

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What are your stats? If you are at a good weight for your height but higher in bodyfat, I would recommend you recomp to lose fat and gain muscle slowly over time... so eat at maintenance, get adequate protein (0.8-1g per lb bodyweight) and follow a lifting program suited to your goals. Something like Strong Curves is a great one with focus on the glutes.
  • kelim1990
    kelim1990 Posts: 8 Member
    @sardelsa Thank you for your advice! I am 5”10. I weigh about 155. I did an online bodyfat calculator and it put me at about 22% bodyfat. The only thing I really think is fat is my belly. Although I do need to tone up everywhere. I will look into Strong Curves!
  • iloverunningeh
    iloverunningeh Posts: 4 Member
    I’m in the same category. I wish you luck with that because you believe it’s a very reasonable goal! I don’t have advice just kudos <3:)
  • kelim1990
    kelim1990 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you!