Daily weigh-ins? Yes! What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    I agree, I rather weigh daily and really understand my fluctuations. The free app Happy Scale is awesome!

What is Happy Scale? Do we stand on the phone?! haha - I can't break another phone.

Oh, and I'm joking about that but was actually curious about the app.

Download the app...enter your daily weight - fluctuations and all. It is a great "smoothing" tool that looks at your last few days of weight loss/gain and lets you know if you are on a losing or gaining trend.

ALSO - you do NOT need to weigh every day to use this app. I weigh daily but forget to enter my weight more than 3 or 4 times per week - still works fine.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    I agree, I rather weigh daily and really understand my fluctuations. The free app Happy Scale is awesome!

What is Happy Scale? Do we stand on the phone?! haha - I can't break another phone.

Oh, and I'm joking about that but was actually curious about the app.

It is an iStore app. If you're on Android, Libra is the closest equivalent.
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    I weigh myself daily. To me, it’s crucial to keeping myself accountable and making sure my weight does not creep up. I’ve read far too many horror stories of people letting the weight creep on and then they’re 30, 40, 50 or more pounds overweight. I do not want that to be me.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Like a lot have said, daily weighing has been so helpful at keeping me accountable. I don't try to stress about a jump and it's been nice to see what really affects my weight. I had a 3lb jump post hangover when I ate an entire bag of rice cakes and frozen mini pizza. Although I was still in my calories for the day, the salt really affected me. It took 3 days but I was back to my previous weight and two days later, I was down two more pounds.
  • JoPat409
    JoPat409 Posts: 87 Member
    Daily weigh in helps me understand what certain foods do to me.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Same here! 👍
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    After years of yo yo dieting this app and daily weigh ins has allowed me to maintain my weight lost for a year and a half and for me it keeps me honest
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2019
    It going to be relative to the individual and what works long term for the goal(s) they have set.

I prefer nightly weigh ins if anything because I generally won't count calories and it helps me maintain my goals.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    I do daily weigh ins. This reminds me each day how much weight I’ve lost and to keep my calories under control so I keep the weight off.
  • blondywyn
    blondywyn Posts: 8 Member
    I weigh weekly on Monday morning before eating. This is mainly because I don't own a scale. At my work we have a medical grade chair scale but it is based in another department and I have to ask one of the team there to help me use it, you can't read the results while you're sitting on it. I think daily weigh ins would be too annoying for them :wink:
    During the week I make sure I'm within my calorie goal and trust the process, also the fit of my clothes matters more to me than the number on the scale. I'm now within 1kg of goal weight and back in my pre-pregnancy jeans so I'd say I'm doing good :smiley:
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Weekly. On Monday. It helps me stay in the groove on weekends. I plan on switching to monthly. Because my eating is stable now and it's more about the long term outcome for me.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I weigh just about every day. I lose weight slowly so seeing just a tenth of a pound lost encourages me to continue being on track. I am so glad to have a scale that measures tenths of a pound.
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    I used to weigh daily, but since I have been maintaining the same balanced eating style, I now sometimes weigh myself once or twice a week, usually after getting 8 to 12 hours of sleep on Friday nights.
  • brundell7376
    brundell7376 Posts: 70 Member
    Daily weigh ins are the way to go. Shows all your ups and downs and is way better for keeping on track. Shows you the effects of water retention etc after a day of cheating also which can be an eye opener to people.
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    I do daily weigh ins, it helps me have a greater understanding of how certain things affect my water retention and such.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Totally agree!!!
  • KimberlyCapone
    KimberlyCapone Posts: 42 Member
    I step on the scale every morning. It fluctuates quite a bit, but as long as I'm within a lb or two of where I was the day before, it doesn't bother me much. If my weight is up, it encourages me to do better.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    I weigh in about every 10 days at work. We have a commercial scale that is dead on accurate. Doing it daily would drive me insane not seeing significant results.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    When I am away home, no.
    In China on business for a month, yes. I don't eat anything close normally when I'm in China for a month. I have to weigh myself everyday to make sure I don't lose weight too fast. I can lose over 10 pounds in a month if I'm not careful. Even when I don't try to eat more I still end up losing too fast.
    If I lose too fast I look sick when I get home.
    This trip is doesn't help that I developed an upper respiratory infection after pollen allergy induced congestion didn't resolve on its own.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    I will be traveling for a month in Europe and thinking of bringing a portable scale.