Starting Over

Hello All, My name is Kathy, I am soon to be 52 and I look forward to this birthday in particular. My husband died 4 years ago at the age of 51 so for some reason this birthday means a lot to me, he couldn't grow old so I am determined to do it for the both of us.

The last 4 years have been hell, as I am sure you can imagine, one minute I am a married woman to a wonderful man of nearly 25 years with two grown children and then suddenly I was a widow. What the???? Well let me tell you, I was taken into a tail spin of comfort foods and laying in my bed drowning my feelings and then telling everyone I'm fine! On the outside I hid it all but behind closed doors I would gorge myself with candy and food and deserts. It was the only thing that made me feel better. Well I am probably 40 pounds heavier than I was 4 years ago, two weeks ago my daughter finally approached me and said don't you think it's time to take care of you?

My beautiful daughter bought me a year of MFP and I haven't looked back, it was hard at first but it did motivate me to try and do something positive. For the first time in a long time I was excited about my birthday, I have been getting up in the mornings and working out and going to work and eating healthy. It feels good to focus on the good things that are ahead of me! So far I have lost 4 pounds and looking forward to what 52 has in store for me! This is my story, I get to write this book and I get to decide how it ends and I have every intention for it to be a happy ending!

To be continued...

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    So sorry for your loss. You can do this!!!! :)
  • Johndu76
    Johndu76 Posts: 126 Member
    Sorry to hear about your husband. I would be happy to add you 🤙🏻
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss but happy you are here. Your daughter was a wake up call for you and that is special in and of itself. So often we don't have people willing to tell us what we need to hear. Feel free to add and we can help each other, emotional eating is one of my problems too.