Swimming and charge3

I've been swimming but charge3 says I swam 47 lengths when I only swam 34. How do I fix this?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I'm not familiar with this particular product but I've had swim watches with various ways of detecting your movement. There is probably something about your stroke or turn that causes it to sense a change in direction when there is none, hence the extra laps. Try to find a users manual that might explain how you can adjust the sensitivity. There is also a fitbit forum on MFP or call fitbit customer service, they are very good.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    Hm I have a charge 3 - next weekend i'll count the laps and see if it matches. i just had a look at the app now and it told me I did 21 lengths - not sure that that is correct because however many I DID do, I am sure I didn't do one extra one becuase I entered and exited the pool at the same side

I don't think I did 21 laps. I think I did less.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    nosugrefm wrote: »

No, OP said it’s the lap counting that’s off, not the yardage. Lap counting won’t be fixed by changing the pool length.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Kereru44 wrote: »
    I've been swimming but charge3 says I swam 47 lengths when I only swam 34. How do I fix this?

It is probably trying to count laps.
    Also, you must have a push off where your tracker hand is reaching longer than when you are stroking.
    This can frustrate many who are new to using a tracker for swimming.
    Garmin is probably the best for swim tracking.
    I can't use any of the Fitbit products. Face is way too small to read without my glasses. Love ny Fenix 5X though.