Starting for the 88th time.

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    @Kfletch1959 Glad you're joining us! For all of us that are tired of doing this weight loss every few years, let's make this the last time!
  • theUndauntedMom
    theUndauntedMom Posts: 18 Member
    Happy Wednesday - middle of the week! I am on my longest streak yet with MFP. On most days I am actually managing to log everything. Those notifications help but I also added it to my Todoist list. Anyone else a crazy check list person? I need my lists, otherwise I am super stressed with everything jumbled in my head. Hugs to all!
  • theUndauntedMom
    theUndauntedMom Posts: 18 Member
    Monday, 3/3
    Current weight 199.6
    Current goal: 196.6 by the end of March. I will check in weekly with updates.
    I think I posted this on the last page, but for beginning reasons; 57 years old, 5' 3"

I am very excited that I have lost my first 3 pound goal! That is my goal for each month. And I did it!!

I am 41, somewhere between 5'5" and 5'6" and trying to go from 180 to 145. I am down a whole 4.5 lbs but not giving up on the 1/2 lb a week slow rolling change.

Other goals: 1 mile < 10 minutes and just 1 pull-up :smiley:
  • Cobourg
    Cobourg Posts: 54 Member
    I would love to join this group. I am currently 147 but have been 118 not too many years ago. Not sure what happened well actually I am sure. I need to lose at least 20 lbs but obviously 25 lbs would be better. I'm 54 years old with a thyroid disorder and PCOS , osteo and pretty much no metabolism. Doctor only allows me to walk for exercise. Need all the encouragement I can get.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Glad to have you join us @Cobourg. We're just trying this out off of the thread that @Buck6032 started. He had such a catchy title it's drawn all of our attention. We're wanting to do what you state, have some support and accountability with each other. I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like when we report back next week. In the meantime, great place to pop in and say hello and share your success/struggles from the day before.
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    @Kfletch1959 , welcome and yes you can do it! Some of us have friended each other and then can see daily ‘completed log’ and ‘losses’, that is really helping me this time around. I’ll send a friend request, so accept if you like and ask others too. @AbandondedKSCharger has been a big help that way, she is always supportive.
  • rhunwelshbowman
    rhunwelshbowman Posts: 37 Member
    Don't feel bad I am starting the losing weight thing for the 157th time. Please add me if you want to be friends.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @Kfletch1959 , welcome and yes you can do it! Some of us have friended each other and then can see daily ‘completed log’ and ‘losses’, that is really helping me this time around. I’ll send a friend request, so accept if you like and ask others too. @AbandondedKSCharger has been a big help that way, she is always supportive.

Thanks, I have found support on MFP to be a life saver;)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Happy Monday!
    Glad to say I am down one pound from last week.
    Current weight 198.6
    First Goal weight 188 by June 30
    Next Goal weight 170 by Dec 31
    Monthly goal of 3 pounds per month.
    Counting calories, exercising 20 minutes each day and tracking everything I eat.

How did your week go??
  • alkmmg
    alkmmg Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. I'm in a "successful" period right now, but goodness know how long it will last. The "oh, I can have one more of that" or "it's ok to eat that because it's a special occasion" attitude has crept back into my thoughts.
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    @AbandondedKSCharger , my weekly update, lost .8 lb this week for total to date of 19.2 lb. Weight of 212.8 with goal of under 200 by June 5 (vacation). My ‘normal’ weigh day is Wednesday but had to do today as tomorrow will not have access to same scale. Been 71 days today, starting to feel the loss as some jeans are loser; and I just am starting to feel ‘better’. I am almost one third to my goal (first one anyway). Thanks for all your encouragement everyone, I’m determined this time to get there and STAY THERE.
  • Cobourg
    Cobourg Posts: 54 Member
    Today has been good so far. Weekends are always more difficult. I don't eat more food but the wine gets in the way.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @alkmmg Kudos to you for being in a good place right now. I will need for you to remind me when I get like that I still have to commit to accountability. NO MORE starting over for me! I can't wait to get to that point :)
    @Longing4Maui Yeahhh a loss! Keep up the good work, we will get this ;) I'm about 20 days behind you and can't wait to start feeling loose jeans ;)
    @Cobourg Ohhhh do I understand well :) I also found myself in a great group called Less Alcohol. It has been a GREAT help!!

Have a great week you guys!!
  • Sassymanda
    Sassymanda Posts: 12 Member
    Im restarting for like the 10th time in 2 years. I lost about 60lbs 5 years ago and gained it all back. Im ready this time I feel it my bones lets get to it!
  • Sassymanda
    I would also love to have some friends on here for support this time around. Please friend me!
  • mybookkeeperdonna
    mybookkeeperdonna Posts: 3 Member
    I am on board and second time in the same boat 10 years ago lost 60 lbs was happy with my weight and wam!
    now I am back where started and that is after losing 30 pounds since December. Not sure how i put on the weight but once i get rid of it this time never again. I have 60 LBS to go and motivated. I am trying salad with mixed greens and vegetables with beans or chic peas for breakfast with two egg whites. That seems to fill me till dinner.

I have cut out most carbs and replaced with protein. Seems to work for me
  • Sassymanda
    I fell off the wagon after losing all my unwanted 60 lbs and started back eating junk drinking and not exercising is how I gained it all back. Not to mention Im strapped to a desk at work all day.

I have taken the responsibility and have recognized my mistakes weaknesses and downfalls ( which were hard to admit to myself) so that I know not to go back down that path again after I lose the weight this time. Gotta stay focused and no matter how much I get tired of it or how comfortable I get, I know now, I will just have to exercise everyday for the rest of my life! LOL

Im just trying to eat healthier stay within my calorie limits and exercise at least 30 minutes a day. It worked before i hope it works again!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    3/18
    Scale said down 2 pounds. I found it hard to believe. I am going to work real hard this week though to make it true in my head and even down one more pound by next week.
    My plan was to go down 3 pounds a month. For that I need to be at 194 by the end of March. Working on making it work. It takes such an effort to do things differently then what got me to this point. Like this weekend, I actually, for the 2nd weekend in a row, got out and exercised at least 20 minutes both Saturday and Sunday!
    Tracking my food daily has been a HUGE help!
    Hope your all doing well. It's been a silent week, hope to see ya back around.
    Teri
  • sososoph33
    sososoph33 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m starting .... yet again! Nightmare lol. It’s the evening I struggle with the munchies 😱 x
  • Mmae20
    Mmae20 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, I'm one week into this journey, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and measure my fat %.. Have been exercising 4 times this week, went Saturday to the mt. and snowboarded, and I had an active Sunday. Counted my calories and eat clean food.
    Usually my first two weeks are the hardest because I try to decrease my food intake by a LOT. reason: #1 see a visible result right away to give insurance this will work, #2 when I increase my food intake it will feel like I'm eating a lot.

Add me as friend and let hit those goalllllllllllls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!