March 2019 group?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I did W3D1 on Saturday distance version- run 200 yards, walk 200 yards, run 400 yards, walk 400 repeat. I also rode my bike on Saturday and Sunday. I am really regretting my inactive winter.

Perhaps a silly question, but how do you measure the distance? Good work on the active weekend!

RunDouble uses the gps on my phone to measure distance.
  • Just_Ceci
    I did W3D2 yesterday, distance version. I finished the 1.14 miles a full minute faster than on Saturday! It probably helped that yesterday's course was flatter.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,359 Member
    Well done everyone! I'm planning W3D1 tonight, despite still having a niggle in my left Achilles' tendon... hoping it's nothing - it seems to go away with exercise and stiffen up when not used
  • VanVanDiane
    W3D1 done - felt like hard work though! Increasingly sore tendon is a worry- may have to ramp the step count down for a couple of days to compensate and see if that helps any
  • Just_Ceci
    W3D1 done - felt like hard work though! Increasingly sore tendon is a worry- may have to ramp the step count down for a couple of days to compensate and see if that helps any

Good job getting it done!

Are you stretching afterwards? Do you have good running shoes that fit properly?
  • VanVanDiane
    Thanks! :) And yes, I've done everything 'properly' so I guess it's just a weakness - hopefully it will go away with time if I don't exacerbate it
  • phillipsdj1982
    phillipsdj1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all, newbie here - joined the site years ago apparently but I'm finally getting my fat bum into gear and trying to get a bit fitter.

I did W1D1 on Sunday lunchtime and found it very tough going (although my breakfast of a sausage and bacon sarnie didn't help with that! :smiley: ). Got up at 6am this morning for W1 D2 and enjoyed it much more, still tough going but I managed it without too much difficulty.

Im using all of you a week or 2 ahead of me as inspiration and I will continue to read and post as I go. W1 D3 coming up on Saturday morning
  • VanVanDiane
    Hi all, newbie here - joined the site years ago apparently but I'm finally getting my fat bum into gear and trying to get a bit fitter.

I did W1D1 on Sunday lunchtime and found it very tough going (although my breakfast of a sausage and bacon sarnie didn't help with that! :smiley: ). Got up at 6am this morning for W1 D2 and enjoyed it much more, still tough going but I managed it without too much difficulty.

Im using all of you a week or 2 ahead of me as inspiration and I will continue to read and post as I go. W1 D3 coming up on Saturday morning

Welcome! And well done for starting.

Sadly we'll probably be in sync as I'm going to have to take a few days off - my tendon issue has flared to the point of pain just walking now - had to hobble home from work today :#

Hoping a few days off will fix it - keep going everyone - I'll catch you up...!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member

Brilliant! Well done for starting!

I'm actually excited for my next run morning, wish it was tomorrow and I didn't have to wait until Friday..... I NEVER thought I'd have that opinion!

Excited to share your journey :)
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    W6D3 complete
  • kilobykilo
    W6D3 complete

Whoop! How's it going?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    W6D3 complete

Whoop! How's it going?
    Good as long as I remember to run slowly. It was a 25 minute run and will be the same for week 7. I don’t know that I could run a whole 5k yet but I feel less intimidated about trying to than I would have a few weeks ago. At the start I could not have possibly jogged 1/4 mile but 2 miles now feels about right.
  • kilobykilo
    W6D3 complete

Whoop! How's it going?
    Good as long as I remember to run slowly. It was a 25 minute run and will be the same for week 7. I don’t know that I could run a whole 5k yet but I feel less intimidated about trying to than I would have a few weeks ago. At the start I could not have possibly jogged 1/4 mile but 2 miles now feels about right.

Amazing progress!
  • kilobykilo
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    I’m going to jump in on April. My ankle hasn’t been cooperative. Hopefully it’s better next month

Take care of it, the program will wait for you to be fit
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Just started. Did W1D2 today. Feeling good. Did both days on a treadmill.
  • kilobykilo
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    Just started. Did W1D2 today. Feeling good. Did both days on a treadmill.

Well done and welcome!
  • kilobykilo
    Week 2 finished! Knee behaving itself, just about on top of sole blisters...... life is good!

My fitbit thinks my heart rate majorly spikes during the jog sections, even though I'm pushing myself to go as. Slowly. As. Possible. And I don't feel that tired or out of breath.... hoping this isn't going to catch up on me next week..... let's see!
  • Just_Ceci
    I haven't run since Monday, but have been on my bicycle twice including a 25 mile ride yesterday. Planning to run today.
  • kilobykilo
    Friday lunch normally = a couple of pints with friends. Today I had a diet coke thinking ahead to tomorrow morning's early W1R3 run.

What on earth has happened to me?! :smiley:

Wow! I certainly don't know have that level of dedication!