First week in and could use the friends and motivation and education

It’s my first week working out since high school I really want to make this life style a change it’s not easy logging meals and telling yourself no! #oneday@atime

Replies

• LJKN1GHT
    LJKN1GHT Posts: 67 Member
    It does get easier if you get into a routine of doing it. I have lost 3 pounds in just over 2 weeks by counting calories and some exercise. Keep it up and you we will see the gains.
  • InsertFunnyUsernameHere
    InsertFunnyUsernameHere Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2019
    A few years ago, some MFP users put together a whole series of threads for those new to calorie counting and weight loss. The first thread to read is this one. Read it all and make sure it all makes sense to you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Then follow the links in that thread and read the other related threads.

Once you've digested all of that, and it makes sense to you, you're well on your way to putting the information into practice.

Lots of people have lost lots of weight just calorie counting and sticking to their daily limits. You don't have to be perfect, but as long as you're sticking to your daily goal over the long term, you'll be fine.

Here's just one success story:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/885191/153-lbs-in-365-days-pics/p1
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    You can do it! Keto and intermittent fasting has been working for me after years of trying different things. Ive lost 7 lbs in less than two months, exercising again and gaining muacle. Feel free to add me.
  • nathaningram16
    nathaningram16 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been on Keto for 2 months and I’ve lost a staggering 3 1/2 st! (40 odd lbs) and I’m eating 1300 calories which satisfies me enough that I don’t want to eat much else. I also 18/6 fast which helps dramatically!
    You can find lots of food to eat that keeps you satisfied.
    Once you watch enough videos and read enough articles about the Keto lifestyle you’ll understand the science behind it and it’ll just become natural to you.
    Good luck bud, don’t give up, even if you plateau, keep going, drink plenty of water and black coffee and don’t give up! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You got this....the more you do it the easier it gets ....you are welcome to add me ..would love to support you on your journey :)
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Hi! Please add me! I can’t seem to find any supportive people lol except one woman... in regards to keto. Anyway... I find thinking ahead helps me. Just one bite at a time.
    I can see myself eating like this... until. Maybe some people can’t but give me salty over anything sweet or pasta/bread.

I have found like 2-3 days in, my cravings left. So I think that’s helpful. However, my hands are insanely, weirdly dry 😩 but I like eating this way so...
  • Jennaleahandsx92
    Jennaleahandsx92 Posts: 2 Member
    It’s my first week working out since high school I really want to make this life style a change it’s not easy logging meals and telling yourself no! #oneday@atime

I totally understand you and feel the same x