Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

carolkittydavis
carolkittydavis Posts: 634 Member
edited March 2019 in Motivation and Support
If you are a women over 40 trying to lose 70-100+ pounds and would like daily/weekly group support, please reply to this post and I will invite you to the group. If you're comfortable sharing your real first name also, that would be helpful. Whether you started in January or are starting today (...or next Monday) you are welcome to join us!

I began the group in January with 20 members - this quickly dwindled to now only 2-4 of us post every week. I'd like to grow the group so we can truly have daily connections.

We are all on a bumpy journey. I for one have barely lost 2 lbs. this year but another member just posted she's hit her April 1 goal already. One reason for the age limit is that we have more in common (maybe menopause!) and we've pretty much learned to give up on fad diets. We also all have a LOT of weight to take off. In my experience many women (oh, how I wish I could be one of them) are serial dieters who consistently gain & lose the same 20-40 pounds. I get discouraged when I see someone post their starting weight that is also MY goal weight! Again, I wish I could be that person, but I'm not.

We're a nice positive group!

Replies

• zentmrs
    zentmrs Posts: 20 Member
    I'm interested!
  • carolkittydavis
    I sent an invite to you, zentmrs! Welcome
  • beautifulcat
    beautifulcat Posts: 7 Member
    I am interested! Just started a weightloss challenge at my gym and I'm the only one to sign up at my location...so I'm doing it on my own.
    Real names Cat! Hi!
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 873 Member
    I’d like to join! I don’t like to post on the open forums, but I love the idea of being part of a smaller, supportive group.
  • lrr33
    lrr33 Posts: 28 Member
    I’m in!
  • Stephckc
    Stephckc Posts: 5 Member
    I’d love to join!
  • polarbear1972
    polarbear1972 Posts: 8 Member
    I would like to join!
  • laumom2
    laumom2 Posts: 9 Member
    I would like to join.
    :) Rschel
  • Projectjustme
    Projectjustme Posts: 47 Member
    I'd love to join - first name Cal
  • carolkittydavis
    I’ve invited everyone 😃
  • emelfam
    emelfam Posts: 2 Member
    Would love to be a part of your group. I started mid January and have lost 19lbs. Want to keep marching forward and encouragement from others help. My name is Donna
  • Alittlemischievous
    Alittlemischievous Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there, I would love to join, I just signed up a couple of days ago. Long story short, I had lost 90 pounds on my own and due to personal issues I have gained back 35, I would love support with getting back on track and also I would love to provide my support to the group. Thanks!
  • suzyqmelbourne
    suzyqmelbourne Posts: 13 Member
    Please add me!
  • Michelle_180
    Michelle_180 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I am interested in this group!
  • Michelle_180
    Michelle_180 Posts: 5 Member
    My name is Michelle please add me. Thank you I have to lose 85 to 90 pounds and I’m 47 years old
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    I am interested. I had about 80 lbs to lose when I started, but I have 65 to go now, if that's ok.
  • sabrinawhill
    sabrinawhill Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’d like to be added to the group, please.
    Thanks!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Yep; add me I’ll be around awhile. SW 236, CW 209, first goal 189; then 160, ultimately 140. Age 46; I started this nov 12
  • mruggby
    mruggby Posts: 4 Member
    How do I sign up? My ultimate goal is 80 pounds, and I started a few weeks ago. Already down 6, but staying motivated is getting tough!