Wendy’s helped me lose weight

RunsWithBees
RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
6 years ago when I was starting my weight loss journey by counting calories and exercising regularly for the first time in my life, I would often eat at a Wendy’s fast food restaurant that was about 0.75 miles from my apartment. So walking there and back I’d get an extra 1.5 mile walk added to my activity (and the last half mile trek is up a very steep hill) I’d almost always get the “Apple Pecan Chicken Salad” which was under 600 calories including the Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing. I can’t tell you how many times I got that salad for dinner but maybe 3-4 times a week during the 10 months it took me to lose 42 lbs. Sometimes I’d get a different meal but that was my go-to default because it’s tasty and fit into my calorie goals at the time. Since then I’ve maintained my goal weight, become a runner and don’t have that for dinner often anymore but I look back fondly on that time when my lifestyle was changing for the better. It was good to know that I could still lose weight eating fast food by making better choices and upping my activity level and not feel deprived. Thanks Wendy’s!
Starting weight 209 lbs
Current weight 167 lbs
6iux518x9a4y.jpeg
6y131azcjusx.jpeg

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited March 2019
    Great job! I love Wendy's.. haven't got their salad yet though . I get chicken salad at Chick-fil-A.. a little more calories than what you posted.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    I've enjoyed watching your story ... and always love your barefoot running pics.

Super inspiring
  • AdriangelaRosa1
    AdriangelaRosa1 Posts: 3 Member
    Muito interessante sua história
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    I have loved your journey. You are a inspiration. I also have found that you can enjoy the little things in life if you’re willing to put forth the extra effort. You are looking fantastic and thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. Keep running 👣🏃‍♀️😎
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I had to read this, funny, fast food making you slim. Wow, whatever works, you look great!
  • RunsWithBees
    lx1x wrote: »
    Great job! I love Wendy's.. haven't got their salad yet though . I get chicken salad at Chick-fil-A.. a little more calories than what you posted.
    Great job! I’ve lost 15 pounds eating Chick Fil A for dinner four nights a week. I’ve been craving it like crazy and it fits well into my calorie limit.

I love Chick fil A! But the nearest one to me is a traffic-filled-nightmare-drive away :s so I rarely go there, probably for the best though because I can easily overdo it on the waffle fries! :p
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You did a great job-
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    When I am on the road and need a quick bite, I look for Wendy's - they do good salads!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Wendy's chili is great too!
  • RunsWithBees
    DaveJ_43 wrote: »
    When I am on the road and need a quick bite, I look for Wendy's - they do good salads!

I’m having the Southwest Avocado salad for dinner tonight, I like that one a lot!
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    I tried the Southwest Avocado salad.....wow. I was genuinely surprised at how good it was. I got the half for lunch, it was definitely fulfilling!
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    The apple pecan chicken salad is my favorite there! Great job!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    You are looking fantastic! Wendy's to is my go to fast food place I normally either get the chili or a caesar side salad.
  • megaperson1015
    megaperson1015 Posts: 4 Member
    Awesome job! And you're running barefoot on Powell Butte, right? Inspiration!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2019
    well done :smile:

I am wondering though how you're not troubled with Plantar fasciitis with the barefoot running - I did a bit of that myself (only on machines/indoors!) and had to give up as my arches fell.
  • RunsWithBees
    Awesome job! And you're running barefoot on Powell Butte, right? Inspiration!

It does look similar but actually it’s in northern Ca near Mt. Diablo :)
  • cjanderson412
    cjanderson412 Posts: 1 Member
    Great job! I completely agree with your method. You have to find what works for you and believe in the process...not to expect miracles. You look fantastic! Very inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!