Has any women lost any weight eating 1600 calories a day?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    katem999 wrote: »
    I never understand it. People come and ask advice. They're told the facts, they don't want to hear it
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I weigh my peanut butter in grams. A serving size (2 TBS is 32 grams, but I don't like eating that many calories of just PB so I usually only eat a tsp or so. A tsp of PB is 5.3 grams.
    Thank you, my peanut butter jar has servings in TBLS and ML's. so 1ml=1gr?

No..tbls is tablespoon...1ml does not = 1gr

1ml is a liquid measurement
    1gr is a solid weight

Just know that it doesn't matter what the package says you can find an entry to log in weight in this database.

It does if the density of what you are measuring is 1gr/ml.
    Trust the package over the database. Every single time.

The database seems to have been entered by a pack of monkeys MFP users without real regard to proper values.
    No it doesn't.

1ml=1 milliliter which is a metric measure for liquid.

1gr= 1 grain which is not a measure for liquid

1 gr = 64.79891 milligrams

the abbreviation for gram=gm.

As for the database there are non user entered entries that are from the USDA database and others are scanned in from the package.

Some are user entered but even those a lot are correct so....

Actually, the abbreviation for gram is g

it's actually both
  • kbornman21
    kbornman21 Posts: 26 Member
    I eat between 1200-1800 calories a day with 3-5 days at the gym a week. It depends on your activity level. So I'd agree with some of these people that you're probably not logging correctly. The foods will come up with portion sizes and you can choose how much you've eaten. I'm down 5lbs in a week (majority is probably water) but that's another thing that is huge in weight loss is that you drink drink drink!!
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes I lose weight when I only eat 1600 calories everybody is different. I can eat 1800 and still lose the variables are different for everybody.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    I am currently, but extremelllyyyyy slowly.
  • dominic9sarah
    dominic9sarah Posts: 1 Member
    If someone does not eat enough calories your metabolism will slow down and you will either gain weight or not loose any, make sure u eat regularly, eat small nutritious meals, do not skip meals! Anyway my point is your metabolism can slow down if you are skipping meals or not eating enough that is a fact
  • newstart1988
    newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
    Thanks for all the advice, I truly appreciate it. I will start weighing every single thing instead of just certain things. im going to try 1200 calories again but do it properly.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    If someone does not eat enough calories your metabolism will slow down and you will either gain weight or not loose any, make sure u eat regularly, eat small nutritious meals, do not skip meals! Anyway my point is your metabolism can slow down if you are skipping meals or not eating enough that is a fact

How do you gain weight if you're not eating enough? Does that really make sense to you?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    katem999 wrote: »
    I never understand it. People come and ask advice. They're told the facts, they don't want to hear it
    I weigh my peanut butter in grams. A serving size (2 TBS is 32 grams, but I don't like eating that many calories of just PB so I usually only eat a tsp or so. A tsp of PB is 5.3 grams.
    Thank you, my peanut butter jar has servings in TBLS and ML's. so 1ml=1gr?

No..tbls is tablespoon...1ml does not = 1gr

1ml is a liquid measurement
    1gr is a solid weight

Just know that it doesn't matter what the package says you can find an entry to log in weight in this database.

It does if the density of what you are measuring is 1gr/ml.
    Trust the package over the database. Every single time.

The database seems to have been entered by a pack of monkeys MFP users without real regard to proper values.
    No it doesn't.

1ml=1 milliliter which is a metric measure for liquid.

1gr= 1 grain which is not a measure for liquid

1 gr = 64.79891 milligrams

the abbreviation for gram=gm.

As for the database there are non user entered entries that are from the USDA database and others are scanned in from the package.

Some are user entered but even those a lot are correct so....

@katem999 The official term for these types of people is an:

"ASKHOLE"

• Christine_72
    The Top Definition of ASKHOLE

The most popular meaning of ASKHOLE is: Someone who asks your opinion or for advice but never takes your advice and does exactly the opposite of what you suggested

Example Usage of ASKHOLE

That guy is such an askhole! He asked me if he should take out a mortgage even though he has no job and I told him NO, but he did it anyways.

There are also those who ask questions, but aren't interested in advice, but validation :huh:

• prettywingss04
    prettywingss04 Posts: 29 Member
    Why are some people so rude?
    I watch a lot of the forums and people ask questions innocently, and others will jump in with advice but rudely. Whats the point of that? its not encouraging. Not everyone has scientific back up or claims because most times they are doing online research like everyone else and following what seems to be right. if someone is wrong just politely correct them and explain why. Thats how you learn, not by being condescending .. tf..
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I was eating 1200 calories a day but my body was holding onto the weight because I was under eating.

Sorry, that doesn't happen.

Your logging is broken.
  • Christine_72
    I watch a lot of the forums and people ask questions innocently, and others will jump in with advice but rudely. Whats the point of that? its not encouraging. Not everyone has scientific back up or claims because most times they are doing online research like everyone else and following what seems to be right. if someone is wrong just politely correct them and explain why. Thats how you learn, not by being condescending .. tf..

I get what you're saying @prettywingss04 . And I try really hard to be polite and helpful!!

But time and time again posters come on here asking a question, presumably looking for advice. Then when members take the time to respond and perhaps point out what they could be doing wrong or what they should do to improve their situation, the OP throws a hissy fit for whatever reason...

I'm assuming they don't like the answers and were deep down looking for validation that they were indeed doing everything right, and they just happen to be the special exception to the rule...

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Has any women lost any weight eating 1600 calories a day? I was eating 1200 calories a day but my body was holding onto the weight because I was under eating. So now im trying to eat 1600 calories a day instead. I would love your advice and experiences. Thanks. :-)

Your body was not holding on to weight because you were eating too few calories because that doesn't happen, it is not how adaptive thermogenesis works aka no such thing as starvation mode

My guess is you were not logging properly

Until you get your logging sorted nothing will work ...see stickie at top calorie counting 101 http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

Once you log properly yes it is more than possible ...I lost the majority of my weight eating around 1800 calories a day but I was extremely careful with weighing and accurate logging of food and not over-estimating exercise burns ...still am, still losing slowly at 2100 calories as I try to find my maintenance level
    when I went to a calorie counter it said based on my weight and height that I needed to eat between 1500-1700 calories to lose weight healthily. I weight my food on a food scale and I use a measuring cup

Really? I looked at one day and you had 6tbsp of peanut butter logged ....a highly calorie dense food in an innaccurate measure, the calorie count on that alone could be out by up to 100%

I am not trying to trick you or make you cross

Get your logging right and the weight will drop off
    so I don't measure peanut butter based off of the serving size on the container? How do I measure peanut butter?

I measure peanut butter by putting it on my food scale, taring it to zero, then measure out 16 grams or 32 grams depending on whether I want a full serving or not. Then I don't even feel guilty about licking the spoon or knife.

When you read nutrition labels, they will also have weight along with the serving size unless they are liquids.

Always measure all of your solids on a food scale and liquids in your measuring cups/spoons.
  • prettywingss04
    prettywingss04 Posts: 29 Member

I get what you're saying @prettywingss04 . And I try really hard to be polite and helpful!!

But time and time again posters come on here asking a question, presumably looking for advice. Then when members take the time to respond and perhaps point out what they could be doing wrong or what they should do to improve their situation, the OP throws a hissy fit for whatever reason...

I'm assuming they don't like the answers and were deep down looking for validation that they were indeed doing everything right, and they just happen to be the special exception to the rule...

Yes, i understand, thanks for sharing.
    Often times I think its a misunderstanding. I really do enjoy everyone sharing the wealth of info but sometimes it seems some forget that they were once learning too. :smile:
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    No because thats very pretty close to my maintenance level even when somewhat active. I am also 5'0" tall.

Other posters are right that most people who claim they cant lose weight on low calories are definitely eating more than they think. Unless you really weigh everything, youre eating more than you think.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    If starvation mode existed then mass famine would not be an issue. All the starving people in third world countries would be pleasantly plump. Sorry, it's just not possible in the terms you are defining it. Yes, thermogenesis exists, but that's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Not only did you revive a zombie thread, but you replied to someone who hasn't been on MFP in two years. What were you hoping to accomplish...