Getting fit made me single

IronBunny84
IronBunny84 Posts: 2 Member
Well I am now single after an almost 4 year relationship. The past couple weeks I have struggled with the fact that changes I have made to get healthy seemed to have ruin my relationship. However it seems to have given me a new focus and a new energy when it comes to workouts and eating healthy. I am now 4lbs under my original goal weight 💁

Replies

• Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Crazy how that works huh? Onward and upward my friend enjoy your success you worked hard for it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    How did the changes you made to get healthy ruin your relationship? I'm just curious.

• CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    You have to continue to evolve, when you do, your entire environment must evolve with you. The things in your environment that cannot adapt, like the dinosaurs, must disappear.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Sorry to hear but if something like that breaks apart the relationship it wasn't going to lost any ways so might as well figure it out now. I've gained and lost throughout my relationship with my wife and she's always stuck by me. Through some bad sicknesses and terrible times.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Well I am now single after an almost 4 year relationship. The past couple weeks I have struggled with the fact that changes I have made to get healthy seemed to have ruin my relationship. However it seems to have given me a new focus and a new energy when it comes to workouts and eating healthy. I am now 4lbs under my original goal weight 💁

Sad that it ruined your relationship. They should of supported you and supported to see you succeed!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    If you are not growing together then you are growing apart.

Congrats on your hard work!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Different spin on it would be getting fit not only leads to a better you, but to better relationships as well. If the person wasn't accepting of your new lifestyle, then they weren't the "one" for you, correct?
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Healthy body = healthy mind. I am sorry for you break up, but you making the change for a healthier you is only going to make you a better person. If your partner couldn’t be supportive then leave them in the rear view mirror and look forward to your amazing future.
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    It did me to
  • JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    I hope you're able to realize how small your ex is for that. I apologize if that's too harsh. People tend to be threatened by those who constantly, relentlessly seek self-improvement. So, they try to drag us down to their level (not that anyone is fundamentally "better" than anyone else). It's such a noble thing that you didn't allow this to happen. It's inspirational, really. Keep at it. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    The man I was with when I started getting in shape told me that I was only doing it so I could leave him so he was constantly tryint to sabotage me with foods or messing up my workouts. A good partner will support you through all the ups and downs. Welcome to the single life, it is actually pretty nice!
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    The man I was with when I started getting in shape told me that I was only doing it so I could leave him so he was constantly tryint to sabotage me with foods or messing up my workouts. A good partner will support you through all the ups and downs. Welcome to the single life, it is actually pretty nice!

Nice - lonely - tomato -tomoto really lol
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Nice - lonely - tomato -tomoto really lol

Lonely at times, I agree. I have learned that I much rather be lonely than miserable though. I felt more alone in my last relationship than I do as a single woman
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

His loss....
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member

I already called Dibs, did you forget? :p

But 100% agree a good partner will support you through all the ups and downs!