LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    I'm going to save that description of pigs feet and tripe for when I feel hunger. It should stop it immediately. Ha! Enjoy your return to OMAD!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    asgentr wrote: »
    I'm going to save that description of pigs feet and tripe for when I feel hunger. It should stop it immediately. Ha! Enjoy your return to OMAD!

Haha yeah seriously. I was feeling some hunger but after the tripe and still getting random whiffs of it... not anymore :#

• LiLee2018
    Ok, first bite of food. I tasted the tripe.
    Thankfully it took on the flavor of the soup, although the burp after had a kind of funk lol.
    Texture was weird. The frilly honeycomb part was tender, but the underside of it was chewy. Reminded me of overcooked squid where it gets a bit rubbery, but just chewier.
    Not bad though.
    I flavored the broth with just.. lots of stuff to try to mask any kind of remaining scent it may have had. Bun Bo Hue seasoning paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, turmeric, garlic cloves, garlic powder, a dash of chinese 5 spice, anise seeds, and a partridge in a pear tree.
    I'm sure there's more in it that I'm forgetting.
    About to go add in the beef and when it's done I have some shrimp paste to add to it too.
  • LiLee2018
    About to head to bed with a too dull stomach lol. The soup was pretty good. I really liked the pigs feet in them although there were a few hairy spots. Thankfully didn't bite in to any of them. The tripe wasn't bad. The thinner parts wereuch more tender while thicker parts a little chewy but not too bad since I cooked it for so long. The beef was really good too.
    I think I'm gonna have to water fast or have a very low calorie dinner tomorrow to make up for the amount I ate at dinner. I don't think I was above my deficit but I still feel like I ate way too much lol. Need to remember this for my next broth fast. Don't eat some huge first meal!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    We call it offals over here in Down Under. I have never tasted it before but the old folks just love it. Do try the bone broth veggie soup...its amazing :)
  • LiLee2018
    Jadepearl- yeah general organ meat is called that here too 🙂

Today was a family fun day. Grocery shopping then off to pick strawberries. Do you know how difficult it is not eating any freshly picked strawberries??? SO HARD!
    We picked 2 buckets of strawberries and I wasn't going to miss having some for my OMAD tonight.
    I'm usually carnivore but I was keto tonight.
    Hunger was ok today. Probably helps we were out most of the day.
    I had 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs marinated in soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice, sesame oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powder. Super tasty and smells wonderful.
    Also made homemade strawberry ice cream with mashed up strawberries, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, heavy whipping cream and half and half. Yuuuuum
    Before that was done I had a craving for more savory, so fixed 2 scrambled eggs with 2 breakfast sausage links.
    I also fixed a keto chocolate mug cake.
    Yeah
    ... I overdid it a bit but dang it was good.
    I was 172 before breaking my fast.
    And tomorrow.. another bone broth fast, then back to OMAD on monday for a week of just omad... More sensible omad meals that is lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh crap. I just remembered that I'm fixing ribs tomorrow. Noooooooooooo. I'm not missing out on ribs! I've been craving ribs for weeks now. Crap... Ok so maybe my omad week will just start tomorrow lol bc... Ribs.... Need I say more?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I wouldn't miss out on ribs either!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited March 2019
    Did someone say ribs? Yum, ribs today and Omad tomorrow👍😋
  • LiLee2018
    Oh it's still OMAD today... just my meal is going to consist of lots and lots of delicious ribs.
    Already have them slow cooking in the oven right now and man oh man does it smell good in here! It's gonna be a rough fast today with this smell in the house, but gonna be worth it tonight! :)
  • LiLee2018
    So while I wait for my meal tonight.. I must ramble!

I have another cold. :neutral:
    Just the story of parents everywhere. Nothing like your kids sneezing and coughing in your face. Thanks kids! B/c I just love coughing constantly and not being able to breath out my nose. Super fun!

Also... the day after my bone broth fast and since that day, I have had the WORST gas ever. Like... don't breath in or you'll burn your nose hairs bad. Ok maybe not all of them, but some of them.. yeah. Why?? And it started before I ate anything too. I've had some bad gas before, don't get me wrong, but once I started keto many months ago, my gas hasn't really smelled. Now suddenly there are toxic fumes coming out.
    /shrugs

Ttotm is coming up for me.. early next week? Some time soon. My face usually breaks out on my chin. Just a couple of pimples, but I've been getting them on my cheeks now too. Not normal for me.
    Again.. /shrugs

I didn't use to test my ketone levels before while I was actually keto, but decided to give them a try when I decided I wanted to start fasting (and when I saw that they didn't cost that much).
    Since the bone broth fast, they've been very dark in the morning.
    bomd8vqcm1wz.jpg
    Is it sad that that makes me extremely happy? lol

I pee SO MUCH during the night. I was going once depending on how much I drank before bed. Now? Doesn't matter how much I had to drink, I wake up to pee at least 3 times during the night. The heck?? Is this my whoosh that has been happening for about a week now? lol Sheesh. I'd like to sleep bladder!

And does the cold hands, arms and feet thing get better the longer you've done OMAD or just fasting in general? I can always snuggle up under a blanket, but it would be great to know I could change my youngest's diaper without touching him with a icy cold zombie feeling hand lol.

• LiLee2018
    Just broke my fast and practically inhaled the st louis style pork ribs. SO GOOD. Just hot sauce on mine. I could eat an entire rack of ribs by myself. Man, so tender and delicious. Just the perfect amount of fat to meat ratio.
    Also waiting to have some left over strawberry ice cream as soon as it softens up enough to scoop out. In total, my dinner tonight will probably be around 1600 calories and will be totally worth it!

Also weighed a few hours ago and was 170lbs on the dot. That's 2lbs down from yesterday :) It did go back up to 170.8 about an hour after that, but I saw that 170 and I'm counting that one instead ;) lol

Official weigh in tomorrow and I'm super excited to see what it is. My morning weight is usually a couple of pounds heavier than what it is right before eating. I'll weigh both times. Morning and right before (and probably a few more times in between b/c pfft... who's addicted? This gal!)

I promise I'll clean up my posts eventually so it's easier to read. Like do my end of the day post nice and tidy and leave all the ones inbetween a giant rambling mess :smiley:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing great.....and the ribs sound so awesome....yummy!!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Last monday I weighed in at

This morning... I weighed in at
    169.8!!!!!!!!!

That is almost a 5lbs loss! Yall.. come on now. Someone pinch me b/c this can't be reality lol. Holy smokes that makes me so happy. I thought I'd see at least a 172 this morning bc I hadn't... ahem... had my after meal poop like was normal for me after starting OMAD and I had a BIG meal too. But my body had my back... /sniffles... it had my back.

I may have to break my fast with some bone broth early though b/c I didn't sleep well last night and this cold hit me hard today. I feel like *kitten*. We'll see though I'm gonna try to tough it out for as long as possible, but won't beat myself up if I gotta drink some yummy bone broth either. I wanted this week to be just OMAD, but well.. things change and that's ok :)

Interested to see what my weight will be before breaking my fast. Sometimes it's up a little, sometimes down.
    This is awesome though and so much easier than I thought it would be.
    I can see that finish line. It's still far off in the distance, but it's getting closer :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! :)
  • volgirl1322
    That is super awesome!!! YAY YOU!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thank you :)

I ended up breaking my fast today with a big bowl of bone broth. 17hr fasted though so that's not too shabby.
    I just had another big bowl. Not going to limit the amount at all today. Need to drink more water too.
    Also drinking another diet dr pepper. Oh I had a sip out of my first can. Just a little sip to see if it helped ease my upset stomach (it did). Went to take a shower and came back to my 4yo and 2yo finishing it off. :#

A 2yo on caffeine= a possessed screeching howler monkey pterodactyl on steroids.

My kids usually only drink milk, water or SF flavored water. No soda unless it's a little sip of caff free stuff. Little sneaky goblins saw their opportunity and chugged it down lol.

So I think I may end up doing another bone broth fast. Maybe for only today. Maybe tomorrow too depending on how I'm feeling. Wish I could go take a nap too but well... I'm mom and mom doesn't get a nap /cry

Forgot to weigh before I broke my fast. Meh. That's ok. I'll weigh again tonight before my last bone broth 'meal'.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    ALL OF THAT IS AWESOME! AMAZING loss!!! Fantasticcccc <3 Gotta love OMAD! :)

Now I want Ribs *grumbles* maybe I'll hit up the farmer's market and see if they've got any good deals on it for next weekend - too many cals for my mini fasts...but now I want themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm glad you're into the fasts! I love 'em and I find them extremely useful in over satiety :)
  • LiLee2018
    misty- Go get some girl! Next weekend sounds like a good time for some ribs :yum:

I forgot to weigh, but I think I'm done for the day on bone broth. I just drank a giant bowl of it mixed with a few other things as an experiment and HUGE mistake. I can feel the bloat already from it.
    I had some crab flavor in a bean oil sauce thing? Thought.. hmm.. I wonder how this tastes? Like crab.. it tasted exactly like crab. Not a bad thing at all by any means, but I can already feel it not agreeing with my stomach. Big mistake and I'm gonna bloat! Hopefully not throw up!
  • volgirl1322
    OMG Ribs are on my mind :)
    Hope you didn't get sick!!!