edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Name: Arica
SW: 147lbs
CW: 142lbs
GW: 123-128lbs
Height: 5’6”
Time of OMAD : 5-6pm dinner
Start date : 17 Mar 2019

Goals: Lose weight, stop craving, eat healthier, stop the habit of continue eating despite being very full, stop the guilt of overeating, sleep better.

Note : Before I start OMAD, I had been intermittent fasting for 18 hours everyday as I usually don’t eat breakfast.

Day 1: Fruit in the afternoon throughout until dinner. Felt ok

Day 2: Had lunch at 2:15pm and dinner again at 5:30pm. Feel ok except some headache. I know it’s detox time!

Day 3: Start of eating one meal a day at dinner time. Was really hungry but manageable.

Day 4: Same as Day 3, very hungry at 3pm but persevere and the hunger bang went off. Felt a bit dizzy.

Day 5: At about 12pm I suddenly shivered with hunger bang. I just sat down and meditate and it was gone after. One great thing I realize is that despite being hungry at 2pm, I was baking sausage roll for my kids Taekwando class, smelling the food didn’t set me off going crazy. So it’s great that I can resist food despite being hungry. Not to mention that I use to not able to stop eating despite being full! And at dinner, I realized that I can’t eat much. I usually could finish a snack size pizza easily when I’m super hungry but now after eating just half of it, I could stop. I didn’t as I wanted to have some more calories so that I don’t go too low of my daily calories intake.

Day 6 (today): definitely much easier. No cravings at all which is awesome, despite looking at pictures of my favorite food. However I will still think of eating because I am a bit bored. This is a bad habit that I want to break as well. I cooked more dinner today thinking that I would be eating more but again, I couldn’t eat a lot. Half a plate and I’m full. My calories intake now is less than 1000 calories a day. I watched Joe’s video and he said that it’s ok. So I’m not concerned. The best part is! After having an ice cream and super full now, I don’t feel the guilt!!! I do realize that I feel a bit cold today when the weather is not that cold.

And also started drinking Apple Cider Vinegar today. Seems to help with hunger bang really well. I drank at about 2:30pm when I read about it and true enough, it really helps with the hunger. When I was cooking, I wasn’t going like crazy that I really need to eat.

💪🏻

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Welcome! I'm also pretty much a newbie here. :)
    Sounds like you're doing amazing so far. Keep it up!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Thank you for starting your own thread Arica!

explore around and feel free to ask any questions you have <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2019
    Welcome Arica :)
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Welcome! I just started, as well.
  • Bevling
    Bevling Posts: 18 Member
    Day 7

SW : 66.6kg
    CW : 64.0kg
    GW : 55-58kg

Okay, I had been weighing myself everyday. Today will be the last day I do this and will weigh myself only once a week from now on.

I slept quite well last night. Today I needed to make lunch for my kids and husband and yet I am totally okay without eating despite feeling hungry. It is not unbearable. Really a great way to train the mind. Willpower!

I started cooking earlier and ate at 4:30pm today, stopped eating at 6pm. Tried to get more calories in so I drank a cup of spirulina smoothies that contains orange and banana as well. And of course, my ice cream. Hahaha. So total calories for the day is about 1,000. Not too bad.

One thing about fasting and OMAD though, is the bad breathe. What do you do to help with this issue before your body gets Keto-adapted? And how long does it take? Would love to hear from your experience. Thanks.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there :) and a warm welcome <3
  • Brendalea69
    I would chew sugar free gum and drink lots of water for my bad breath.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Hmm, I didn't really notice any bad breath? Or maybe that's b/c my breath is always bad??? :o Seriously though... if you're out an about, maybe carry a little bottle of mouth wash to swish around when you feel like you need it?
  • Bevling
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Hmm, I didn't really notice any bad breath? Or maybe that's b/c my breath is always bad??? :o Seriously though... if you're out an about, maybe carry a little bottle of mouth wash to swish around when you feel like you need it?

Ya, I realise I have the Keto-breathe. I just made myself a peppermint mouth spray. Hope it helps. Haha
  • Bevling

Ya I drink lots of water. And my husband passed me a chewing gum yesterday 😞

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome! Glad you started your own thread!
  • Bevling
    Day 8 : it gets easier. Less hunger bang and because I was busy, I didn’t eat until 5:45pm and was not dying from hunger. Haha. This OMAD diet is manageable compared to other types of diet like low carbs or low calories. I am very pleased with it. Shall continue!! Looking forward to reaching my goal weight.
  • Bevling
    Day 9 : hunger bang is much lesser for sure. No more headache nor dizziness. I baked some shortbread biscuits and ate 3. To my surprise it actually felt extremely sweet, too sweet for my liking. And I felt full too!

No more cravings, not even craving for any desserts after meal which was usually the case. 😊
  • volgirl1322
    That is great!!!! Glad you are adjusting and doing well!!!
  • Brendalea69
    I'm glad your headaches and dizziness have gone away, and no more sweet cravings is terrific!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Yippee for no more dizziness & cravings👍
  • mistymeadows2005
    The cravings are non-existent for me UNLESS I'm not feeding myself enough...BUT it means that I know if I get cravings that it's time to eat <3 Hopefully they'll stay away for you too!
  • Bevling
    edited April 2019
    Day 16

SW : 66.6kg
    CW : 64.7kg
    Lost : 1.9kg
    GW : 55-58kg

Was away from the scale the last few days and weighed myself today. Didn’t lose weight since last week! In fact I gained 0.7kg?? And I was actually walking more too. I guess it’s the body adjusting or maybe I had gained some muscle so it’s heavier? Not sure but anyway, let’s see what happens this weekend.
  • volgirl1322
    Sometimes adding the exercise will make it go up...….Hopefully it will adjust for you this week!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Fluctuations are normalllll - stay the course :)