Who wants to slim down for the summer with me? let's motivate each other

Replies

• MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    I ate everything last night. Everything. Not even going to try to count the calories. How can I be so good during the day only to sabotage it when I get home?

Been there done that. The other day I came home and was just exhausted. I wound up eating lots of chocolate and ice cream. Just can’t let it get us off track the next day. Keep it up.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    I have those humps in the road..... But, they never seem to stop eh?

Onwards and upwards until the next one.

Draw a line and try again.

We have got this :)
  • imslinky
    imslinky Posts: 15 Member
    I’m a little late but my goal is to hit 125lbs by the end of April (I currently weigh 130lbs). I could really use the extra motivation in getting rid of these last few pounds so don’t hesitate to add me! Best of luck to everyone. :smile:
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,278 Member
    So do you just post here or is there a group?
  • Angie_AK
    Angie_AK Posts: 17 Member

It's not too late to join! Just keep it up during the week cause we all will be waiting for that Monday weigh-in.
    And if you fail every now and then it's okay! We need a cheat meal once a week anyway. Any weight loss is good!

And hey @therealbluenote we just post here or add each other, unless you guys prefer to have a facebook group?

• my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Just found this!! I’m trying to lose at least 10 pounds by 6/1. I’ve been doing well for 10 days, but not weighing myself until 4/15. I’m usually an everyday weigher, but that’s had me a little discouraged lately. Hoping to be down 5 by 4/15. That will be 5 weeks. Let me know if you start a fb group!!
  • WC1982
    WC1982 Posts: 137 Member
    Working at it as well. My schedule is crazy but I’ve been able to do early morning (3am) cardio 3-4 days a week and strength train at least twice a week good luck!!
  • faithanntrinity
    faithanntrinity Posts: 4 Member
    I need support! I’d like to lose 11 more pounds by summer! Down 19 so far :)
  • kilobykilo
    Working at it as well. My schedule is crazy but I’ve been able to do early morning (3am) cardio 3-4 days a week and strength train at least twice a week good luck!!

Jeeeeeez, I'll never be that dedicated..... well done!
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    I’m in! I’d like to lose around 15ish lb by June 20 but anywhere in between is fine too!

SW-145lb
    GW-130lb
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,278 Member
    Angie_AK wrote: »
    It's not too late to join! Just keep it up during the week cause we all will be waiting for that Monday weigh-in.
    And if you fail every now and then it's okay! We need a cheat meal once a week anyway. Any weight loss is good!

And hey @therealbluenote we just post here or add each other, unless you guys prefer to have a facebook group?

Isn’t this a public space? I’m not too keen with putting personal info on a public space, but I’ll go with whatever everyone does.
  • tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    Ok here goes. I’m 168 and hoping to get somewhere in the 130’s.

I joined a fitness center that just opened and I love it. They have a 6 week challenge and I sucked it up and spent the money hoping it will help me be accountable to someone for a couple of weeks until I’ve gotten into the habit. I’ve been doing spinning classes 4 days a week. Yoga 1 day and tomorrow is my first Zumba class.

I’m only down about 1/2 a pound in this first week of the challenge (but second week going to classes) which has gotten me a little discouraged but then I realized I haven’t had a migraine in two weeks, I’m sleeping better and my clothes are a little looser.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    @tibby1971 yay for your better sleep, migraine-free days, and looser clothes! Be sure to take measurements, there's more happening than the scale reveals at the moment. Plus, with all your exercise, your body may be hanging onto water or building muscle.
  • CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm so down
  • Hilogirl2018
    I'm so down

@CheekyChiq88 What do you mean, down? As in, depressed or down in weight loss?
  • Angie_AK
    I noticed that when I'm sore the scale doesn't budge. I'm guessing it's all the micro inflammations and the swelling that comes with it trying to repair my muscles. (I cheated and checked my weight today, but will check it again tomorrow).
  • kilobykilo
    I noticed that when I'm sore the scale doesn't budge. I'm guessing it's all the micro inflammations and the swelling that comes with it trying to repair my muscles. (I cheated and checked my weight today, but will check it again tomorrow).

I'm the same! Hard to get my obsessive side to agree with my rational side that that is the best reason for the scales to get stuck as I'm sore cos I'm getting fit.....!
  • Hilogirl2018
    I'm so down

@CheekyChiq88 What do you mean, down? As in, depressed or down in weight loss?

lol I think you meant I'm so down for this challenge? Sorry, brain fog moment.
  • Angie_AK
    kilobykilo wrote: »

I'm the same! Hard to get my obsessive side to agree with my rational side that that is the best reason for the scales to get stuck as I'm sore cos I'm getting fit.....!

yay! there was a time where the scale was stuck on the same number for a while and then all of a sudden it started going down like crazy. Hoping the same thing happens this time
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo wrote: »

yay! there was a time where the scale was stuck on the same number for a while and then all of a sudden it started going down like crazy. Hoping the same thing happens this time

Keep eating right and it will! That's science eh? Just a shame a shame this weight loss thing isnt an exact science!