Anyone have 100+ pounds to lose?

124»

Replies

• Bobco31
    Bobco31 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all, I am a 49 year old male who has lost 100+ lbs 3 times before. I have been in the weight loss surgery program for a few years. Between cigarettes and weight fluctuation I have been unable to get the surgery. To be honest I'm not sure I want it. It's a last resort type thing. Something has to be done. I have two young daughters (youngest just turned 10 and oldest is about too turn 11) and they deserve better than a morbid obese dad with my health issues. I checked my weight for the first time in awhile last night. Which is why I'm here today. Here we go again, game on!
  • 2011mathematical
    2011mathematical Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey team, my 26th birthday was yesterday and I weigh 330 lbs. I am a 5' 9" female but my body is out of proportion with very short limbs and the torso of a 6'2-4" woman, per my doctor. I want to go bungee jumping this summer and the weight limit is 300 lbs, so that's my initial goal. My long term goal is about 200 lbs and then to reevaluate. My doctor estimates 170-185 for my frame and proportions will be optimal. I successfully used MFP top lose 50 lbs 8 years ago, then I went to college and grad school and have been putting on steady weight since. I am ready to try again. I am looking for supportive friends to add!
  • blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member
    I'm almost halfway through losing 138lbs (66 down so far).
  • murphey021
    murphey021 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2019
    My name is Brian! Feel free to add me! This is my second time around at MFP and I did really good the first time, but life happened and I gained it all back. I am excited to be back and have around 100 pounds to lose to get at my goal weight! I always need friends to keep me motivated!
  • Irosaiz
    Irosaiz Posts: 1 Member
    I gained 20 more pounds since last time I logged in, 6 months ago. I feel horrible!!!! I haven't use this app seriously. I haven't seriously commit to get my health back. Baby steps, I started going for walks, just 30-40 mins at a time. I am keeping track of my calories and had helped. I noticed a few favorable changes in only 5 days. One thing for sure, I don't want to weight myself yet. I think I am gonna keep going for a couple of weeks or maybe a month and step on the scale. Just to think about the scale gives me a little bit of anxiety. Oh, my long term goal is to lose 60, and 80 even better.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    Hello all,
    I have between 80 - 100 pounds to lose. I have gained back previously lost weight and was creeping back up to my highest of 292. This time it’s the doctor telling me to do it as I am having some health issues and need a hysterectomy which he is saying would not be healthy to do at my size. I am an avid tracker when I’m on program and would love to have some MFP buddies to go through this journey with.
    Add me because I can’t figure out how to add you! 😳 lol
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    148 lbs for me to lose. long road ahead of me.
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2019
    ADD ME AS A FRIEND! I need to get 80 pounds off for a start to get a knee replacement, I’m a supportive mfp friend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I have over 100 to lose ....any one is more than welcome to add me ....I would love to be a cheerleader for anyone on their journey :)
  • Annemariezonderma
    Annemariezonderma Posts: 45 Member
    I have 120lbs to lose. Damn, that's quite a lot o_O
    The first step is to see the number going down! The rest will follow.
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    STILL LOOKING FOR FRIENDS! 😀 Let’s inspire each other!
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Hi everyone!

I am definitely looking for more accountability friends... Someone to text with, similar goals, motivated and needing a friend as well.

I want to lose AT LEAST 50 pounds which will put me at about 190. I should and will lose more after reaching that goal. Feel free to add me, message me and we can chat! :)
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi all. Feel free to add me too. I’m close to my half way point but still have about 90lbs to lose. I don’t really log my food (some people only like friends who log everything)but I am very active on here.
  • tjonesshort
    tjonesshort Posts: 2 Member
    Please add me! I'm 280, down 19lbs in the last month and a half. Following a ketogenic lifestyle. I'd like to a BMI of just overweight, as opposed to obese. For me that would be 185 at 5'6". So that means 95lbs to lose for me. My secret is that I'll also be glad to make it to 199, ONEDERLAND!
  • TaeriXX
    TaeriXX Posts: 11 Member
    I’m Taeri! My starting weight was 306lbs and scared me to death! I’m now down to 292lbs and I refuse to go back! I’d like to be in the 100s but my short term goals are 250,200 and so on :)
  • lindsayxlouuu
    lindsayxlouuu Posts: 4 Member
    I have a 150lb loss goal so I'll be on mfp for awhile! Feel free to add me! Love meeting awesome and supportive new people :)
  • Zaddem
    Zaddem Posts: 5 Member
    Hello from Lehigh Valley, Pa! Just joined MFP community today + first time on social media (no time to be online). As of Feb 12 joined medically supervised weight loss program and bumped healthy lifestyle up to priority #1. Age 52 w/12 &14 yo, lost 20 lbs so far, have 100 more to goal. Doctor has me on 90g protein and 1600 cal/day with no added sugar products so pretty easy to follow. I share so many similarities with some of you from your posts. Sounds like good group for support, motivation, and accountability. Feel free to friend me here or on Fitbit vincenzaz. I’m up for challenges anytime. We can do 100+++