couples success stories to inspire?

my self and my wife need to lose weight. and i want us to be in great shape for a massive 2 week holiday we have booked flying out on 8th sept this year.

I need to lose 3 stone and my wife 5 stone so a lot between us. Have you done this anyone??

Replies

• long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    We are currently working on it. I needed to lose seven, now 4 to go. OH is very tall and slim but could do with losing 3. He is not very serious though.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I started on MFP and my hubby started awhile later. I have lost a little and he lost 40#. Although he kinda quit watching things and has gained some of it back. We are both trying a little harder again now.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    gjfpq3a7z29y.jpeg
    I started 6 years ago, lost 43 lbs and have maintained for 5 years. My bf has started and stopped numerous times yo-yoing, he’s lost about 20 lbs so far and recently took up running with me and even though he still wants to lose another 20 lbs he has seen an enormous improvement on all his labs. He has lowered his blood pressure, cholesterol and resting heart rate down to normal or better levels. We do enjoy our time exercising together as a couple because we can motivate and support each other but it’s important to remember that each of you will have your own individual goals and drive so we don’t put any undo pressure on each other either. It’s a balancing act for sure! :)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2019
    My wife and I are work in progresses together. I have lost 25 pounds and she has lost 10. I started before her, and her seeing me take my diet and exercise seriously has inspired her. She's been working on the diet now for a little while and just started up at the gym. She has some chronic health issues that can have their symptoms improved by weight loss, so I am even happier for her than me.

We've set a joint goal of 100 pounds. We are photographers, and would love to have good pictures taken of us (we haven't had any since our wedding), so once we hit our goal, we are going to reward ourselves by hiring a great photographer to take pictures of us.
  • Caecile84
    Caecile84 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2019
    We too are working on it. Goal is to lose about 70 pounds between us (me: 30, my husband: 40). At 40 pounds so far (22 and 18). It is so much easier when doing it together.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    if you have instagram look up fatgirlfedup
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    My boyfriend has lost 27 pounds and I've lost 23 since we started!
  • simplysab
    simplysab Posts: 3 Member
    My husband and I have been doing MFP together since late August/early September. It's so much easier doing it together. I had several failed attempts because I'd see him eating anything he wanted as I was trying to eat healthy. I don't know that we'll ever get back to our wedding weight but we are getting healthier for ourselves and our kids.

Him:
    2012 - 185lbs
    2018 - 255lbs
    current - 218lbs

Me:
    2012 - 136lbs
    2018 - 165lbs
    current - 149lbs

6nd5hm2agkk1.jpg
    5tbhbkpowx67.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!