Who wants to slim down for the summer with me? let's motivate each other

Replies

• Miss_j01
    Miss_j01 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m down
  • Roo_the_roo
    Roo_the_roo Posts: 1 Member
    I want to join the group. I have 25 lbs to lose, and hope to lose 10 - 15 by the summer.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Roo_the_roo welcome! You can do this! We weigh in Mondays.
  • Tera8966
    Tera8966 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in! I could stand to lose and keep off at least 60 but I'll be happy with 20 to 30 by mid summer! plan is to track every day and go to the gym at least 3 times a week😊
    today's day 1 current weight 206. would like to get to 175 by the end of June
  • Tera8966
    Tera8966 Posts: 3 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    My summer is more than 8 weeks away! I'm aiming for July, probably mid..... realistically I'd be delighted with 170 by 31 July when I break for a month from work

I am aiming for 175 by the end of June or July too!!
  • Propst421
    Propst421 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in! I just joined back. I haven’t been on here in 2 years. The first time I did it with coworkers and it really helped to have that accountability.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Tera8966 wrote: »

I am aiming for 175 by the end of June or July too!!

Good luck! I have a feeling I'll slow right down soonish on the losing so am not too focused on the by date for now, I'm loving learning to enjoy the journey!

• kilobykilo
    Down 1.2 this week, a pace I like the look of :) I am going to go at it harder than is sustainable this week as I've a couple of weeks until the end of a holiday challenge I'm in with friends and I'd love to win that!! But, usually a pace of 1.2 a week would be wonderful!

Have a Fab week everyone!

192.2 - Mon 11th March
    188.0 - Mon 18th March
    186.8 - Mon 25th March

Goal 172
    Progress 5.4
    To go 14.8
  • aklharris
    aklharris Posts: 6 Member
    I'm up 2.2lbs from yesterday 😂 it's hormonal I think. Hopefully will be gone in a couple of days!
  • ThomasHolden1
    ThomasHolden1 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in, trying to get down to between 210-217. Currently at 226.
  • keepingongoing
    keepingongoing Posts: 6 Member
    My weigh in
    March 11th 157.4 lbs
    March 18th 155.8 lbs
    March 25th 154.8 lbs
    Goal 147

Less than two weeks until our holiday...don’t think I’ll make my goal before then!!
  • Angie_AK
    Angie_AK Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2019
    No weight change here (still at 196.6), it's probably because of all the sodium from the last two days, but hey I feel lighter and my jeans are much looser!
  • imslinky
    imslinky Posts: 15 Member
    I also didn’t experience any weight change which, I have to admit, left me feeling deflated. Maybe this week will be better. :neutral:
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    It can be really difficult after a week of hard work in the gym, sometimes twice a day cardio and keeping nutrition on point and not seeing any progress on the scale. I only lost 1 pound last week and it was a little disappointing but my I can tell I am making progress by looking at my picture 4 weeks ago and now. Pictures don’t lie but sometimes the scale doesn’t tell the whole story. Keep up the good work everyone and trust the process!
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    I’m in. Add me up anyone needing motivation 😊
  • Hilogirl2018
    @Angie_AK loose pants= progress, no matter what the scale says!
  • Hilogirl2018
    My update:
    3/11 157.8
    3/18 156.6. (-1.2 lbs)
    3/25 154.8 (-1.8 lbs)
    Total challenge weight loss: 3 lbs
    Goal weight for this challenge: 137
  • kilobykilo
    Angie_AK wrote: »
    No weight change here (still at 196.6), it's probably because of all the sodium from the last two days, but hey I feel lighter and my jeans are much looser!

Yay to baggy clothes, boo to the scales not being kind. Hang on on there @imslinky and @Angie_AK you'll see a shift if you keep doing it right!

@GailEMac welcome!

@mkgoodson1007 1lb a week is 52lb in a year..... Which is pretty awesome :)

I'm determined to have a great week, today I've only managed 5000 steps, which is unheard of! But I ate deliciously on plan and have just made my first batch of overnight oats for breakfast tomorrow; 6.30am alarm set for jog pre work, I don't know who I am any more!

We've got this!
  • MmeZeeZee
    MmeZeeZee Posts: 18 Member
    I need a group so I'm in! I joined the "over 40s" but that group is dead (not literally). :smile:

I want to get back to what i was last summer. It's just 5 lbs but I'm using this app to reset my food awareness because I am over 40 so apparently metabolism changes even if you keep exercising. Probably need to do more strength training.

I'm not going to post my weight here, but it's in my profile. Down 1 lb since i started last week. Mostly cutting down on a glass of wine or two in the evening, and also I think I'm eating fewer ambient calories snacking.

Anyway I think it's 1 lb. I bought a scale for the second time in my adult life and it automatically weighed me 3 lbs less than at the doctor which made me super happy. But I'm deeply suspicious of it for that reason.
  • Angie_AK
    Angie_AK Posts: 17 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Angie_AK wrote: »

Yay to baggy clothes, boo to the scales not being kind. Hang on on there @imslinky and @Angie_AK you'll see a shift if you keep doing it right!

@GailEMac welcome!

@mkgoodson1007 1lb a week is 52lb in a year..... Which is pretty awesome :)

I'm determined to have a great week, today I've only managed 5000 steps, which is unheard of! But I ate deliciously on plan and have just made my first batch of overnight oats for breakfast tomorrow; 6.30am alarm set for jog pre work, I don't know who I am any more!

We've got this!

just reading this last part motivated me! I've been considering working out in the early morning cause the gym doesn't turn up the AC high enough in the afternoon (not enough people I guess) and it gets really hot