Ultimate Accountability Challenge April 2019

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.
Join with us at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/131887-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2019
Rick and the UAC Team

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I am back again for my ... OMG, I think it's SIX now .... sixth? fifth? month of UAC, and I will be changing my profile picture from "flying pig with rainbow" to "sleek kitty" on April 1, to signal that this will be my first month transitioning into the Maintenance Mindset.

UAC has become such a way-of-life for me that it seems both like forever and only last month ....

This month will also mark a change from my usual "jogging on the mini-trampoline" as exercise to a shorter-but-more-intense&challenging core-strengthening program based on Latin Competitive Dance choreography (not so bio-mechanically different from the belly dance I used to be so good at ... most differences are in the arm movements and nuances .... sultry vs sassy ).

Once the roads and sidewalks are completely clear of ice, crud and corruption, I also expect to be doing out-of-doors power walking with my BFF to support her ongoing cardio-rehab recovery program ... once the sidewalks clear ... so maybe that won't be till right at the end of the month, or into May the way the weather has been around here ....

I am feeling sleek and sassy these days, with more than 47 pounds shed over the past 23 months. The self-awareness and self-discipline learned here has had a huge impact on getting me to this point.

Tis time ... for my next adventure ....
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited March 2019
    UAC works for me!

I'm the type of person that can easily allow the time to pass without knowing where it went. From January 2017 to Jan 2019 I lost 27lbs on and off the keto diet, it was good but not great!
    When I started to log into MFP daily at the beginning of this year I noticed my journey started to really ignite and in just under 3 months I lost 20 more pounds. 7 of those lbs I give full credit to the UAC and the Biggest Loser challenge when I began checking in with them in March.

I was doing the work but I was going at a snail's pace and I needed a daily thump on the head. Can't wait to start my second month with the team!! 30 more pounds to go to goal and at age 34 I've never been more confident that I will get there!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    I am so thankful for this group and the wonderful people here, especially @RangerRickL for keeping this challenge going, month after month!

I've been with MFP since the first of December 2018 and found this group very quickly after joining. I'm so glad because it's really been helpful in helping me to develop healthy habits in my life. I log everything I eat or drink every single day and I exercise at least 20 minutes a day. I've never gone this long before without giving up on myself and the success I'm seeing is equally due to my dedication to attaining a healthy body and this group's accountability!

If you're needing a change in your life to reach your health goals, don't hesitate to join this challenge. You'll become family very quickly and won't regret it!

Blessings,
    Bonnie in Nashville
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    I've been with this group since June or July 2018. I enjoy it. It gives me accountability, encouragement, and a place of belonging. Everyone is soo encouraging to everyone else. Thanks @rangerrick for taking the time to make this group happen. Alyson A.K.A. stella 7x7🌻💗🤗
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    This will be my 2nd month with this group. I enjoy the groups and I am totally accountable. I don't like to show the mess ups so do what I am supposed to. Although, occasionally I mess up and everyone is here to encourage you not to give up.
  • RangerRickL
    One of our team members posted this today, 3/25/19

Finishing up my third month in UAC with no missed days. If you knew me then, you'd know this is not my normal MO. Without this group and TBL group, I would have quit by now and would be on the way to gaining all my lost weight back. But instead, I'm one month closer to meeting my goal weight!

There's been a fabulous transformation in my life and food has been dethroned. I no longer think about food every day. I eat at the scheduled time and no long graze all day long.

I actually have a life now and can go to social events without the high anxiety I used to deal with being around so much food. Now, I can have a plate of chips and dip in front of me at a table with friends and not eat any. I can sit next to someone eating fried chicken tenders and french fries and not desire that, but look forward to eating the lemon pepper fish with broccoli and carrots.

I am so thankful that I found both of these groups and for the impact they have had in my transformation. It's really quite miraculous! <3
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    I'd recommend the group to anyone else who is working towards weight loss, maintenance, or a physical goal. Anyone whos feeling stuck or frustrated, spinning in circles or stalled. Anyone who's a fan of data and is interested in taking a closer look at their habits.

I joined UAC in February of 2018. It's been a wonderful tool for mindfulness and weight loss / management. At first I thought it would be to extreme to try, but I had nothing to loose except weight!

I'm still working towards my weight loss goal, but UAC helped me get over a big hump and learn where I was accidentally derailing my progress. Like many others, I have lost weight in the past only to gain it back. I didn't understand anything about maintenance and wasn't prepared when I got to my goal. That's one of the best parts of UAC for me... learning from other members and seeing a true picture of what it takes to be healthy long term.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    I joined UAC in March 2018, weighing 180.8 lbs (after losing 45 pounds)

A week shy of 1 year, I weighed 154.8 lbs this morning (and have been as low as 150.8). UAC helped reinforce great habits that supported me in losing 26-30 lbs.

A year ago I exercised 45 mins on average in March. This month (and last) I’m averaging 90 mins. Daily 20 minutes works!

I love that we can set our own goals, I love that it supports us in tracking all that we eat.

But most of all, I really appreciate @RangerRickL and all of the members for being so warm, supportive, and Inspiring!

When I have a day that I don’t want to exercise, I think, “OK, just 20 mins, and end up back home 60-120 mins later!”

UAC is Magic.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    This challenge works for whole lot of people, thank you people! No weigh ins, no judgement, you will not get booted off or ridiculed if you fall out of the winners circle challenge, there are many of us who haven't made it this month, me included, but we still keep going, we are not here to give up! Come and join us!
  • RangerRickL
    edited March 2019
    Thanks to so many of the UAC team for sharing your stories:
    @Kwinnero
    @BMcC9
    @jlbtnc
    @stella7x7
    @BonnieHosk85
    @molly3210
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @fatbambi2017
    You can join us for the April Ultimate Accountability Challenge at the link below
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/131887-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2019

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    This i my favourite group and I'm back in it to help me through recovery for a broken arm (with pending surgery to donate my kidney to a friend as well). I love the simplicity of the rules and how it allows you freedom to meet them within your own reference, for example, you need to exercise but what form that takes is totally up to you. I love the challenge to get into the winners circle, but the support and encouragement that exists even if you don't make it to that circle. Completing the month with the group is a win, even if you used more than 3 pass days!

What are you waiting for, sign up...
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    (with pending surgery to donate my kidney to a friend as well).

@Dory_42, what an incredible act of kindness! Sorry about your broken arm. Hope your recovery from both goes very well. Blessings, Bonnie
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member

I started UAC last May. I have been in the winner's circle all but one of those months. I am super proud of that and attribute it to the commitment I've made to myself and to the UAC group. There have been times where I wanted to slack and the thought of having to post it has kept me on track for a long time now. The group is so encouraging! I don't always have time to post long posts but I get a lot out of reading others! Thanks UAC and Rick!!
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    I'm in, I need some accountability; I'm ok at parts 1 and 2, but have been lacking regarding part 3 (not going over calories) too many times of late. Hopefully part 4, checking in here every day or so, will stop me from slacking and I'll shift the 10lbs that have crept back.
  • BMcC9
    Welcome!
  • MelissaChestnut
    MelissaChestnut Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm in for April.. although I'll be going to Japan at the end of the month and think I will save my 'passes' for then. Want to lose a few pounds before my big vacation.
  • RangerRickL
    You are invited to check us out... See all of the enthusiastic team member posts above...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.
    Join with us at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/131887-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2019
    Rick and the UAC Team
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Had to take a break last month for various reasons as far as cutting calories, etc. Planning on getting back in for April!
  • BMcC9
    good to see you back!