TEAM: Flab-U-Less (April)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 8th round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 225lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am nightshift 911. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday March 31ST. officially kicks off our April Challenge! This challenge runs from March 3st to April 27th. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • ChidinmaAmakom
    ChidinmaAmakom Posts: 4 Member
    Hey everyone! So good to be here... I’m really excited about trying out losing weight while being accountable to total strangers! It’s bound to make for an interesting and fun journey...

I’m a mum of 2. My first is 18 months and my second is 4 months.. so yes I’ve got my hands full and would love to go back to my pre pregnancy weight. I’m currently 77.9kg and would love to get back down to 68kg. Let’s do this people 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    I'm here for April!!!😜
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 246 Member
    Hi everyone from Canada 🇨🇦
    I have around 100 to lose
    I have lost 16 pounds from January 16/29 this year which was the day I broke from ankle. For 7 weeks I was not able to exercise but decided to track calories (hubby put meals together for me) and was shocked to see it worked.

Exercise is still going to be a challenge as ankle is still recovering I’m told it can take several more months. I’m up to # 15 minute slow walks but I’ll take it. I use to power walk for an hour/day!

So glad for this group

• rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    I'm here for the fourth time. This group's motivated me a lot so far and hope it continues to do so :)

@CNdukwe - that's the number I started with as well last October, and am almost at 67 now so it's certainly possible! :)
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    I’m here. This will be my 3rd month. Almost 10lbs down! Love it!!
  • ChidinmaAmakom
    ChidinmaAmakom Posts: 4 Member
    rekvar12 wrote: »
    I'm here for the fourth time. This group's motivated me a lot so far and hope it continues to do so :)

@CNdukwe - that's the number I started with as well last October, and am almost at 67 now so it's certainly possible! :)

Fantastic! Happy to hear it worked for you. I’m hoping it does for me too. Fingers crossed 🤞
  • sjuleesia
    sjuleesia Posts: 34 Member
    Hey FitFam!

I’m continuing with FlabULess from March and I’ve lost around 14 lbs since January with diet and exercise. I’m not losing weight at the rate I want but I am seeing slow progress.

I’m currently at 156 which is still the heaviest I have ever been. I’m about 5’1 so I’d ideally want to be around 130lbs by June/July. I work full time for a non profit based on Wall Street in NYC and I do kickboxing in my spare time along. I’ve recently incorporated weightlifting so I’m hoping to see some improvement soon as I have also increased my protein intake.

Excited to continue this journey with you all!!
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    @mram3582

Is it possible to change my weigh in day from Monday to Friday for the April challenge?
  • mram3582
    benbowers wrote: »
    @mram3582

Is it possible to change my weigh in day from Monday to Friday for the April challenge?

sure thing!
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Hi everyone,
    April will be my 4th month with team flab-u-less.
    I started logging seriously on MFP a little over a year ago at 270lbs. I joined this challenge as I spent the end of last year procrastinating and getting off track. I'm now at 202lbs.
    I like to check in here most days as it helps keep me on track.

I'm married with 3 young adult children who all still live at home. We all work fulltime and lead busy lives. 4 of us are members of the same gym and it's a nice way to spend time together.
    Welcome to all the newcomers :)
  • hunnyb333
    hunnyb333 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie to the challenge and I'm looking forward to it! Every few years I drop 30-35 lbs and then regain quickly. I'm looking to stop that cycle and finally get into a healthy eating and fitness routine that will stick, so I'm trying to go gradual instead of my usual crash change-eveything-at-once diet.
    As of today I'm 5'1" and 167.2 lbs. 35 lbs to lose to reach a normal BMI. I cant wait to see how everyone makes it work! Good luck, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.