What are you eating for dinner tonight?

12Sarah2015
12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
For me sweet and sour chicken on brown rice. Yep one of those bottled sauces, but I don't have often, and I've added heaps of veggies.

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    I made a stir fry bowl: rice, stir fry style veggies (steamer bag), mushrooms and onions, chicken, a scrambled egg, soy sauce and sweet n sour sauce-all mixed together. Pretty good and I got in 4 servings of veggies with it :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    I made a big salad: massaged kale, chopped romaine lettuce, chopped roma tomato, diced green cabbage, chopped red pepper, homemade pickled carrots, diced raw white onion, and diced Kanzi apple. I topped it with a dressing made of almond butter, cashew milk, vinegar, nutritional yeast and spices. Dessert was a compote of blueberries and peaches. Yum!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    4 slices of reheated cheese pizza (I do it in the oven so it's just as good)
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    Shrimp and asparagus pasta
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Pizza and ice cream
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My husband made a tamale casserole type dish. It's a simple masa crust with black beans, tons of peppers & onions, salsa & some cheese on top, then garnished with a few sliced black olives. Really good.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    I had tortellini soup: chicken broth, carrot, celery, spinach, peas and tortellini. I usually sprinkle parmesan once it’s done but I was out of it.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I had a seitan and veg stirfry with spiralized turnip noodles. There's a sweet and sour sauce (from Ushia) that's only 12 calories to the tbsp; I put a quarter cup in.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Saffron chicken
    Cauli rice
    Kale juice
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    I had a seitan and veg stirfry with spiralized turnip noodles. There's a sweet and sour sauce (from Ushia) that's only 12 calories to the tbsp; I put a quarter cup in.

I need to look for that sauce, I use a LOT of sweet n' sour sauce. I also really need to get a spiralizer, I think it would really expand my veggie list!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I don't have a spiralizer myself; my supermarket sells the veg. Turnip and squash noodles are fantastic. They've also got kohlrabi "fettucine" which is amazing.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Crab and lobster ravioli from Lidl with a bacon & mushroom cream sauce. Had to pre-log this bad boy to see if I needed to make any adjustments to the rest of the day!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I'm having veggie hot dogs with carmelized onions and mustard. Yum, and easy because I'm watching my boss's kitty cat this week and it takes a chunk of prep time out of my day. He is such a good kitty but his parental units don't clean his kitty area as well as I would like, so I spend a lil extra time with him to make sure it is extra clean so it lasts longer after they come back.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Possibly baked salmon and shrimps..
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    If it isn't raining I'll be grilling a pork shoulder steak and I'll have steamed veggies with it.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    I have a bunch of smoked pulled pork that I made the other night. So I'll have about 6-7 ounces with 2-3 eggs cooked in grass fed butter.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    It's my son's 19th birthday, so we're going out for dinner at his choice of venue.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Right now my plans are to have a veggie burger with mushrooms and vegan cheese then a serving of fries made in the air fryer maybe smallish salad on the side.
  • Kitsgirl2
    Kitsgirl2 Posts: 18 Member
    Wild shrimp (larger) with baby red potatoes and carrots, arugula salad with Dijon mustard lemon dressing and a little Parmesan cheese