Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    shilowindy wrote: »
    This thread is so inspiring! I’m just getting started again with my weight loss journey and I can’t wait to experience all these joys!!

Best of luck! All the surprises you will face are fun!
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    MissyMilda wrote: »
    For me, it has been how the positive momentum creeps into other areas of my life. Now that I have gained back control of this specific area of my life (in which there is a clear effort/reward ratio), I feel like I have more agency in my life overall.

Same. I feel like it is the increased sense of self worth that fosters self confidence and causes me to start addressing situations I am not happy with but felt powerless to change before.

I just think it is hard to function obese in life. The bigger you get the harder it is.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    The most unexpected (and probably TMI) result of weightloss for me has been how much more enjoyable and easier sex is. You don't realize how an extra 100 lbs affects you in that department until it is gone. Definitely will do everything in my power to keep it off.

Um, I realized it and hated it. It's something that kind of threw me into a meltdown.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time, even just to go to the store. Before that would have been uncomfortable.

And I wear heels because they go with my clothing style. The clothing styles they didn't carry at larger sizes. No pencil skirts or moto jackets in the plus section. I remember shopping for clothes that fit. Now I shop for clothes that make me smile at the mirror. If I'm not like, "Oh Wow!," I don't buy it!

I don't buy clothes just because they fit anymore. Or just because they're on sale.

Speaking of clothes, not just what I wear has changed, but how I'm able to wear them. 1)Tucking in a shirt into 2)shorts with 3) a belt have literally three concepts I couldn't have considered before. Then to have the belt shortened and new holes punched in them?! Wow.

Lots more male attention, and a different demographic of men that show interest. (See avatar for clues). This makes my husband act weird. He understands I when need new pants, because they are falling down. But new BRAS?! What do you need new BRAS AGAIN FOR???!!!! He seems to think pants are for wearing, and bras are for sex.

Women who are in much better shape than I am consider me competition. Which is weird to me.

Lot more flexible and faster than my kids, who are in great shape. Which is also weird to me.

Family dynamics have changed, and is VERY weird to me. I was always the one fat shamed, and now that has switched over to my sister, who has always been the thin one, who always fat shamed me. All the negative comments about my weight have stopped, but now it's a different conversation - open irritation about my gym going habits.

I'm not a tiny woman, and have plenty more weight to lose, so I wonder about the perception of myself, like is it body dismorphia in reverse. I am pleasantly shocked sometimes at my reflection in certain outfits, because I'm so used to wearing things that hid me. Then I wonder, do I think I'm smaller than I actually am? Does this outfit really look good on me, or am I deluding myself? Am I too grown to be wearing this? Am I too fat to be wearing this? Then I walk outside and see and hear guys checking me out positively. And women compliment me.

The weight loss experience has been more emotional and more surreal than I thought it would be. I am just so grateful. God has really helped me to achieve the goal and also to heal hurts and not get bitter about how people treated me before.

I LOVE what you've written so much! Thank you for posting this and you ROCK, you fabulous first class winner and all time champion you. YAY YOU!!! <3o:)<3

• IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time, even just to go to the store. Before that would have been uncomfortable.

And I wear heels because they go with my clothing style. The clothing styles they didn't carry at larger sizes. No pencil skirts or moto jackets in the plus section. I remember shopping for clothes that fit. Now I shop for clothes that make me smile at the mirror. If I'm not like, "Oh Wow!," I don't buy it!

I don't buy clothes just because they fit anymore. Or just because they're on sale.

Speaking of clothes, not just what I wear has changed, but how I'm able to wear them. 1)Tucking in a shirt into 2)shorts with 3) a belt have literally three concepts I couldn't have considered before. Then to have the belt shortened and new holes punched in them?! Wow.

Lots more male attention, and a different demographic of men that show interest. (See avatar for clues). This makes my husband act weird. He understands I when need new pants, because they are falling down. But new BRAS?! What do you need new BRAS AGAIN FOR???!!!! He seems to think pants are for wearing, and bras are for sex.

Women who are in much better shape than I am consider me competition. Which is weird to me.

Lot more flexible and faster than my kids, who are in great shape. Which is also weird to me.

Family dynamics have changed, and is VERY weird to me. I was always the one fat shamed, and now that has switched over to my sister, who has always been the thin one, who always fat shamed me. All the negative comments about my weight have stopped, but now it's a different conversation - open irritation about my gym going habits.

I'm not a tiny woman, and have plenty more weight to lose, so I wonder about the perception of myself, like is it body dismorphia in reverse. I am pleasantly shocked sometimes at my reflection in certain outfits, because I'm so used to wearing things that hid me. Then I wonder, do I think I'm smaller than I actually am? Does this outfit really look good on me, or am I deluding myself? Am I too grown to be wearing this? Am I too fat to be wearing this? Then I walk outside and see and hear guys checking me out positively. And women compliment me.

The weight loss experience has been more emotional and more surreal than I thought it would be. I am just so grateful. God has really helped me to achieve the goal and also to heal hurts and not get bitter about how people treated me before.

I LOVE what you've written so much! Thank you for posting this and you ROCK, you fabulous first class winner and all time champion you. YAY YOU!!! <3o:)<3

You're very sweet, thank you.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    All of you are truly amazing and I have been inspired by your stories. Congratulations on your successes. I hope they keep coming.
  • happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump iv just restarted my weight loss journey and hope to contribute to this post soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!