realize you are losing too much weight

I planned to go down to 160 but got excited and got down to 150 lb which is too less for me. I know when I did ww I got down too low and felt sickly. This time I did low carb and lost 30 lbs since July. Now I have got to gain 7-10 pounds back and not go overboard. Trying to find some balance, anyone relate ? I love fitting in my clothes but not worth it if you don't feel good.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Well if you add back those carbs you'll likely "get back" 5-7 pounds.

I'd say to set your calories at your maintenance amount and add back carbs and stay the course for a month.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,699 MFP Moderator
    It's good you recognize you're not feeling right and need to make some changes. If you want to gain just a little bit, add maybe 100-200 calories a day and see how it goes over the next few weeks and the scale steadies or goes up. Remember that maintenance is a range, not a specific number. Perhaps somewhere between 155 and 165 will be right for you (for example)

Also it wouldn't hurt to see your doctor for a full check-up if you're feeling like something is off. Sometimes there are other factors going on when we feel lousy, and it's not always the calories we're consuming. ;)
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,225 Member
    I can relate. Struggling a bit with finding the balance.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes I was just at the doctor, everything was good. I know that when I get my weight way down I get sick, happened before, like ya said I will add some carbs and up my calories couple hundred a day and try not go haywire, I seem to go one extreme or the other, hopefully find a balance. I don't want to give up and gain all the weight back. Thanks for your replies. I feel a few more pounds will help me if I don't go too far in that direction.