Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unpopular opinions?!

Replies

• newmeadownewmeadow Posts: 1,328Member Member Posts: 1,328Member Member
    I think Led Zeppelin is pure crap. And I'm a guitarist who plays a Les Paul and a Marshall!

In all seriousness I think they suck and they're terrible. I also feel the same way about most if not all hair metal.

This is, and has always been, one of my favorite bands. But the keen possibility that they stole Stairway to Heaven from another band really bothers me. To the point where I sometimes scroll past them when choosing a radio station now. But I bought all of their albums years ago so, meh, they already have my money.

edited March 28
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 8,215Member Member Posts: 8,215Member Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think Led Zeppelin is pure crap. And I'm a guitarist who plays a Les Paul and a Marshall!

In all seriousness I think they suck and they're terrible. I also feel the same way about most if not all hair metal.

This is, and has always been, one of my favorite bands. But the keen possibility that they stole Stairway to Heaven from another band really bothers me. To the point where I sometimes scroll past them when choosing a radio station now. But I bought all of their albums years ago so, meh, they already have my money.

Random thought/question
    I heard "Immigrant song" this morning and he says "drive our ships"...do you 'drive' a ship?

I know I obsess over stupid things, but had me wondering.
  • newmeadownewmeadow Posts: 1,328Member Member Posts: 1,328Member Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Random thought/question
    I heard "Immigrant song" this morning and he says "drive our ships"...do you 'drive' a ship?

I know I obsess over stupid things, but had me wondering.

If I remember correctly I think the song was about invading bands of Viking warriors that overtook Europe on Viking Ships. It might have been an olde expression.

• amorfati601070amorfati601070 Posts: 1,397Member Member Posts: 1,397Member Member
    walterm852 wrote: »
    Beatles may be the worst popular band of all time. Overrated

I’m happy they are considered to be the greatest rock band. Without that association we wouldn’t have all the great music they’ve been an inspiration for. I think if aliens ever want to a representative example of human music it should be The Beatles.
  • TheSaltedSeaCakeTheSaltedSeaCake Posts: 55Member, Premium Member Posts: 55Member, Premium Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    It's nothing special! I can make it at home better than them haha. And their chicken is dry af. The only decent thing on the menu is that mushroom and halloumi wrap.

Also, Batman as a superhero and character is lame af.

Are you insane?! IT'S BATMAN! 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • LionsGorrillaLionsGorrilla Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
  • Cowsfan1Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937Member Member Posts: 7,937Member Member
    My (increasingly unpopular) opinion is that teenagers should have a job to do. Volunteering, great. Part-time work, even better. If they're extremely active in something - sports, theater, etc - that's good too, and can take the place of it. But I think by 16, for sure, they need SOMETHING that forces them to have interactions with people face to face in a different capacity than family, school, friends, internet. Now more than ever.

Totally none of my business since I am not a parent, but I strongly believe this. Maybe partly because I was kind of a mess at 13-14 and starting to work and volunteer made me more mature & responsible than anything else (school, social life, etc). I see too many "kids" who are 22 and have never filled out a job application or talked to adults w/o their friend or parent alongside them.

As a parent of 3- I’m of the same belief-
  • ExileFromTheNorthExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,025Member Member Posts: 3,025Member Member
    I think Dad Bods are much more attractive and desirable than muscular, cut guys w/ six-pack abs.

Can I get a Hallelujah;)
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Posts: 1,397Member Member Posts: 1,397Member Member
    My (increasingly unpopular) opinion is that teenagers should have a job to do. Volunteering, great. Part-time work, even better. If they're extremely active in something - sports, theater, etc - that's good too, and can take the place of it. But I think by 16, for sure, they need SOMETHING that forces them to have interactions with people face to face in a different capacity than family, school, friends, internet. Now more than ever.

Totally none of my business since I am not a parent, but I strongly believe this. Maybe partly because I was kind of a mess at 13-14 and starting to work and volunteer made me more mature & responsible than anything else (school, social life, etc). I see too many "kids" who are 22 and have never filled out a job application or talked to adults w/o their friend or parent alongside them.

This is why mandatory military service might be a good idea. Teaches discipline and duty. Although an anti war so would not want to be forced into that. The system in Germany is good, you have to military or civil service after school. Civil service might be better..,the army can turn you into drone, not encouraging critical thinking but it still has its merits, ala teamwork etc.
    edited March 31
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 9,911Member Member Posts: 9,911Member Member
    I think the jobs should go to non-dependents first who obviously need to work to earn money to support themselves.

After that, if there are leftover jobs, dependents can have them.

Oh yes! I tend to agree, especially in a tight job market with high rates of unemployment.
    Mostly I'm thinking of places like my small Midwestern city where there is typically (and currently) low unemployment and a big surplus of part-time jobs at entry level.
  • shaf238shaf238 Posts: 3,343Member Member Posts: 3,343Member Member
    Your life is a result of the choices you make.
    Is this unpopular?
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,652Member Member Posts: 4,652Member Member
  • epr31295epr31295 Posts: 6,050Member Member Posts: 6,050Member Member
    A half hour lunch how about a full hour so I can get *kitten* done!
  • laprimaJennylaprimaJenny Posts: 1,296Member Member Posts: 1,296Member Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Your life is a result of the choices you make.
    Is this unpopular?

Perhaps, but I tend to think that people say one thing and most likely end up doing the complete opposite. Hence, is it really popular?! Or do people avoid confrontation so they have to say what they think someone wants to hear?!