Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yeah they are super easy I especially like the cucumbers, celery, carrots, that is more filling and at least is nutritious unlike the empty calories in the hot fudge sundae but boy oh boy was it yummy!!!!!! I wish I didn't like all things ice cream...….
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Did someone say icecream?!?!?! :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I think mini-fasting is a great idea. I may need to adopt that. If I can get my mind right, I can do it. Will be working on that for April and beyond.

I think for me it might just take having some staple mini meals that I can have without thinking about it.

That's EXACTLY what I do - I always have on hand: Romaine, celery, cucs, baby carrots, bone broth, and broc/cauliflower to steam, and perhaps some fruit...it's almost always some combination there of, and then I just adjust spices or pick what I'm in the mood for (ie if I'm lazy and don't feel like steaming stuff I just heat the broth and munch on the rest LOL)
  • volgirl1322
    Today’s Date: 3/27/19
    Today’s Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month New goal 165
    Today’s Weight: 168.55
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): spinning 30 mins
    Hours slept:8 hours
    Description/Photo of Meals: Was a work remote day for me yesterday and I cooked a good southern dinner for the fam will be having some not so good meals now that baseball season has started....Pork chops, corn, white beans, carrots and stir fried cabbage...….

Was a pretty good day. Still not sure how this exercise is going to look tomorrow on the scale but I have to do it regardless of the lack of weight loss right now, I will just try to be as patient as possible...…...May try a water fast today since it is a late baseball night.....

Stay strong :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I love all things ice cream👍😍 & good luck with your water fast👍
  • Brendalea69
    I hope your knee is healing nicely and I hope you have a loss tomorrow even with all the spinning you're doing o:)
  • mistymeadows2005
    I feel like you should be ok because you've been in "spinning mode" for a little while now :) At least I hope so! Let us know if you water fast, and how it goes if you do <3
  • volgirl1322
    I did manage the water fast yesterday until after the late baseball game and I had a few fries from the golden arches (McDS)…..still count it as a win...…will be weighing later.....stay tuned.....

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I do have a question in regards to the mini fasts. What is the recommended calorie limit for mini-fasting? I did 650 calories yesterday. Is there a recommended range or formula like half your daily calorie allotment?
  • volgirl1322
    I don't have a definite answer but I would think it would be about 1/2 of your daily calories. @mistymeadows2005 may know for certain.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I don't have a definite answer but I would think it would be about 1/2 of your daily calories. @mistymeadows2005 may know for certain.

I consider my mini-fasts to be defined by 500ish cals or less (otherwise I just think of it as a low cal OMAD day...but that's just mentally for me LOL) - REALLY the point of the mini-fasts for me is mentally have something to eat and to physically get all the nutrients I miss out on over the weekend...I ATTEMPT to make them low carb too to minimize the glycogen collection but if not, I don't really worry about it :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I was just thinking 650 calories was probably too much and was more low cal than mini fast. I think the 500 calories is more in the proper range. The modified ADF calorie standard is 500 calories.

I am developing my new strategy and I just want to make sure I am setting things up right.

I am putting March behind me and looking forward to great losses in the months to come.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I was just thinking 650 calories was probably too much and was more low cal than mini fast. I think the 500 calories is more in the proper range. The modified ADF calorie standard is 500 calories.

I am developing my new strategy and I just want to make sure I am setting things up right.

I am putting March behind me and looking forward to great losses in the months to come.

GOOD IDEA! Onward and upward (or in our case, DOWNWARD LOL)!!!

Mini fasts are part of my regular schedule so if you want any input just holla' at me ;)
  • volgirl1322
    Weigh in today;

168 even.....so .5 for the week....pretty sucky for sure but I am moving on.....
    The spinning has been great for my strength in my knee and i can even start to tell that a couple of inches may have also come off so I am remembering that muscle weighs more than fat and that I will get there even slowly.....

Not sure for my April goal in terms of a number. I would like to be aggressive and say 158 but more realistic would be 162 (6lbs)…….

Looking forward to awesome weekend!!!

Awesome April here we come!
  • Brendalea69
    At least it's a loss, here's to a better April <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    YAY FOR A LOSS! March is behind us, and on to April!

Why don't you split the difference and go 160? :) 2 pounds a week is a LOT anyway! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    OH ALSO before I forget - I did the math and I only lost 4.8 pounds in March, so really 1 pound a week seems to be the new black :D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Congrats on your loss👍 I wish I can loose 1 lb per week but it seems my body is just too stubborn. Let's loose more weight in April, we can do it.👍
  • volgirl1322
    The weekend was super busy and food was on the top of the list:
    Friday night was a Greek spicy chicken plate (ate half) and then some red velvet B/J ice cream @mistymeadows2005 finally found it <3
    Saturday was a early baseball game, had some nachos/jalapenos at the field, thin crust supreme pizza, and salad for dinner and some angel food cake with berries.
    Last night was a dinner/meeting out, had pork tenderloin, green beans, mashed pot., and a piece of cherry lime cake

For April --- I will continue with spinning 4-5 times per week as well as OMAD M-F and then 2MAD on Sat/Sun where I won't count cals. During my OMAD I need to do a better job of tracking cals. for the meals, as well as getting enough water throughout the day. I have been a slacker on both. I also need to be more mindful of the portion sizes as well. I just need to analyze everything and make sure to stay on track.

Starting weight for the month was 168 even. I am hoping to be at 160 at the end of April which is aggressive but I can totally do it...…..

<3 Amazing Awesome Analytical April to my OMAD Friends <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    The weekend was super busy and food was on the top of the list:
    Friday night was a Greek spicy chicken plate (ate half) and then some red velvet B/J ice cream @mistymeadows2005 finally found it <3
    Saturday was a early baseball game, had some nachos/jalapenos at the field, thin crust supreme pizza, and salad for dinner and some angel food cake with berries.
    Last night was a dinner/meeting out, had pork tenderloin, green beans, mashed pot., and a piece of cherry lime cake

For April --- I will continue with spinning 4-5 times per week as well as OMAD M-F and then 2MAD on Sat/Sun where I won't count cals. During my OMAD I need to do a better job of tracking cals. for the meals, as well as getting enough water throughout the day. I have been a slacker on both. I also need to be more mindful of the portion sizes as well. I just need to analyze everything and make sure to stay on track.

Starting weight for the month was 168 even. I am hoping to be at 160 at the end of April which is aggressive but I can totally do it...…..

<3 Amazing Awesome Analytical April to my OMAD Friends <3

YASSSSSSSSSS wasn't it amazing?! SO high cal but worth it! LOL I'm now onto Halo Top simply because I can eat so much of it!!!

I like the 160! 2 pounds a week IS aggressive but if you're diligent, you can do it! The spinning actually sounds kinda fun...wish I could exercise away my pain :disappointed::cry:

Sounds like the food and entertainment was there though :)