100 pounds lost in 2366 days on MFP!

esjaygee
esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
This long, long voyage started on January 4th, 2012 when I was downloading apps on my brand new tablet and I wanted a calorie counter for my usual beginning of the year calorie restrictive diet I'd do every year. I'd lose some weight every year, some more than others but the end result was every year the weight went back on and then some. I lost 50-60 pounds on the south beach diet before MFP but put all that back in pretty short order after I got bored of the plan.

Finding this site was a life saver and I was able to drop a lot of weight quickly and became active. An injury slowed me down a bit, a tough life occurrence put me in a tail spin for a bit but I always was sort of on track because of MFP. Then in October of 2016 I bought a fitbit, took up running and finally reached the 100 pound mark today, some 2366 days later.

Below is the post I put on my MFP feed this morning and a before and after picture. My main advice to everyone is find your own path and don't ever give up. You can do this, even if it takes you six and a half years like me!

Words can’t explain the elation I’m feeling today as I crossed the 100 pound barrier. Or maybe they can, so here goes…

I want to thank all of you for the support you provided me over the years. All the likes and comments have kept me going and I’m truly appreciative for them. This started 2366 days ago at one of the lowest points in my life when I stumbled upon MFP and here I am at one of the highest points.

To anyone out there trying to find their path – it won’t be easy. There will be days and weeks where the scale won’t budge and you’ll just want to give up and toss that scale in the trash. There will be many I’ll start tomorrow’s... or next Monday... or next month – but don’t give up! I’ve certainly been there lots! When logging gets to be a grind, take a break. Every little change you make helps and brings you one step closer to your goal. Eventually you’ll find your own path and achieve the success you are capable of and deserve! So thank you again from Vegas to New Jersey, Wisconsin to Alabama, Alberta to Oklahoma and everywhere in between for helping me get to this huge expletive deleted milestone! Also special shout out to my Fitbit, that daily motivator strapped to my wrist has been a huge life changer.

A special someone convinced me I need to reward myself with more than just that really old beer I’ve been saving so I’m going to get my first ever professional massage. I’m certainly not done yet but this milestone is pretty special. Very Happy Wednesday to everyone!

1/4/12:
ud0f3i2pclwr.jpg

The other day:
pe2rd8v78fk8.jpg

Various weights along the way:
14f5gofo7mrq.jpg

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    This makes me so happy to see, here and on my news feed this morning!! :smiley::heart: You've been the epitome of determination through it all.

Keep running for beer (and other things), my (almost) oldest MFP friend :lol:
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Amazing!
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2018
    Congratulations. Those seven years were well spent, and in my view this job is for life, it's not a race and the main goal is to reduce tail spins and maintain progress. Not getting bigger is a big-deal. Getting so much smaller and revealling the good looking guy underneath the chub must feel great. Bravo
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!! You have no idea how inspiring it is to me! I am a very very slow loser (5lbs since last summer) but I am trying to make better choices everyday and not fall off the wagon. Hearing that it took you 6.5 years to lose your weight is refreshing. A lot of people lose weight in a year or less and that’s great, but it’s never been my path. Thank you again! You look awesome!!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Congratulations on your century! Fantastic. The lessons and habits you have learned over those 7 years will stand you in good stead when it comes to managing your lifestyle from here on in. 🏆🏆
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Congratulations.. 100lbs is an amazing feat :+1:
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    So awesome! Thanks for sharing
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Awesome work, sounds like you have made the lifestyle change slowly which is key!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Congrats
  • jkm49
    jkm49 Posts: 27 Member
    You've got what it takes :)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    And here I am moaning that the scale doesn't budge after a few days..... Thank you for this inspirational story!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited June 2018
    You look AMAZING!

Your story has so much meaning to me... thank you so much for sharing this. Okay, I'd better not toss the scales in the bin just yet.

What an absolute transformation! wow, ... just wow!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    You look fantastic, what a great achievement!!!!!!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing achievement! You look great :smile:
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    You’re awesome! Im at -90#, so if I’m on your pace, I have 1467 days to lose the last 9. That’s like .00002 pounds per week!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    <3<3<3
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Awesome job👍
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Awesome job!!!
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    WOW! Amazing! Inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!