New to the group

jennio39
jennio39 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
I have been an emotional eater since I was little. I have been overweight since 4th grade. The never ending cycle of overeating to fill some type of void or emotion. I am tired of letting emotion run my life and I am ready to make a change. I am not so new to this app but I have not used it in years. I am however new to this group. I am looking forward to the support and advice I can get from this group.

Replies

• MarieCherie2019
    MarieCherie2019 Posts: 9 Member
    Welcome to the group! I am equally new here, and to mfp, so I hope we can help and support each other
  • annachanges2
    annachanges2 Posts: 8 Member
    Im new to this group too :)
  • gimmekimchee_x
    gimmekimchee_x Posts: 24 Member
    Im new too, nice to meet you!
  • I'm new too. Looking forward to connecting with everyone.
  • Smg1979
    Smg1979 Posts: 11 Member
    I am new myself. Nice to meet everyone!
  • curls_jb
    curls_jb Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I’m here for support and very willing to give kind words in return. Thank you in advance. JB
  • snoolgeek
    snoolgeek Posts: 13 Member
    Hi!
    Just joined, I keep pressing done when I finish my posts....which doesn't post but gets me back to the blog page :s Anyways, I want to get on track with myself and get healthy with weight loss.

Snoolgeek
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    jennio39 wrote: »
    I have been an emotional eater since I was little. I have been overweight since 4th grade. The never ending cycle of overeating to fill some type of void or emotion. I am tired of letting emotion run my life and I am ready to make a change. I am not so new to this app but I have not used it in years. I am however new to this group. I am looking forward to the support and advice I can get from this group.

@jennio39 I totally relate. I was always the short chubby girl in elementary school. Even though I was somewhat active playing high school sports I never got a grip on eating well, and not overeating. I too am filling a void; and need to figure out what it is. Or learn to be honest... I like eating and love food. I have decided to face the music and get back in touch with reality, so here I am on MFP. Now I need to be sure to use it and not ignore it or shove it a side like I do my emotions with food.

Let's keep in touch.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Hey there! I have also been a food addict since I was a child, however I have never been overweight. Instead, I developed additional addictions, such as fitness and bulimia in order to deal. Both secondary addictions, thank goodness, have been overcome, but food addiction is still something I combat. I have begun going to meetings. Please add me as a friend!