2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Fitcitypt
    Fitcitypt Posts: 5 Member
    I am new add me
  • paulklerkx
    paulklerkx Posts: 1 Member
    I have questions about the goals, I often have trouble eating all the Kilojoules my goal is, especially on workout days with the bonus KJ’s. Are the goals what I should aim to get to or aim to stay under. For example min daily intake for me is 5100KJ, my MFP goal is 6300KJ and workout day often gives me another 1200+ KJ. Eating 7500KJ is difficult for me to reach. Same with macro’s. It is difficult to get the exact number of grams of protein and carbs, are these numbers maximums or minimums or get as close to as possible? I was trying to lose 11.5kg’s and have stagnated for last 5-6 weeks after losing 10kg’s even though MFP has been telling me daily for the whole time I will lose 3-4 kg’s in 5 weeks if every day was like today. Any advice welcome.
  • tchii430
    tchii430 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I'm Chioma. I would like to lose 30kg.
  • Jnascott
    Jnascott Posts: 15 Member
    Hi I am Asia. I haven't been on here for the 3 years and I am finally coming back. All the weight I lost 3 years ago has come back so I am going to try my hardest to get back to where I was.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Just my layman’s two-cents, find workouts that keep you interested. Mixing it up keeps you from getting board of it. At least this works for me. Google is your friend, you can find a plethora of exercise on the internets. :D
    I like this site for ideas, it has exercises by Muscles, exercise type, equipment and so on.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises

Also, measure and count every calorie. Get a good digital food scale.
    For me, I do an official weigh in once a week although I do step on the scale every day.
    Additionally, take body measurements for me I mainly track my waistline, neck, arms and legs.
    Set realistic goals 5 pounds a week is not realistic for the vast majority of folks.
    Last thing for now, listen to your body and be smart. Rest is very important.
  • fionarivera351
    fionarivera351 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my name is Fiona and I’m a transgender woman and my doctors had told me that he is worried about my liver so he told me that I would need to lose 30 pounds in a month
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Hi my name is Fiona and I’m a transgender woman and my doctors had told me that he is worried about my liver so he told me that I would need to lose 30 pounds in a month

Regardless of your current weight, 30 pounds in a single month is a lot! I would suggest that you go get a second opinion before doing anything drastic.

Is your weight your doctors sole concern? There are many ways to improve your livers health, yes maintaining a healthy weight is one of them as well as regular exercise. Maintaining a balanced diet is extremely important as well. Avoid high calorie meals, saturated fats, refined carbohydrates (white bread, white rice and regular pastas) and sugars. You should look at your fiber intake as well and eat less read meats.

Obviously a dietician should be consulted and you should get a second opinion on the high weight loss in a very short time.

If you are not using the food diary on MFP you should start, that or some other food diary. you can keep track of you macros such as carbs and fats down to the saturated fats sugars and fibers.

Good luck and good health.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

I think I'd be looking for a new doctor or that you have misunderstood something. 30 pounds in one month is pretty much impossible unless you weigh 700lbs. It would require a daily deficit of about 3750 calories which is about equivalent to an overweight person running a marathon every day.
  • 68Firefly
    68Firefly Posts: 9 Member
    Starting over, Again ! Need to lose 70 lbs and to reverse some health issues. Praying I can get it right this time.
  • janiquabq
    janiquabq Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new on here and looking to lose 60 lbs. I'm female, 62 years of age and need to get back on the healthy living track!
  • bongosta
    bongosta Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. New as of yesterday. I tried for 2 weeks on another program that had me on 738 cals a day. I lost 2 lbs the first week and nothing for the next 2. I was very depressed and then through reading med. remarks found that I was not eating enough calories and thus was storing fat. This program has me on 1200 cals a day and I hope that this one works for me.
  • zrudling
    zrudling Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I'm Zoe did WW for a bit lost a stone now trying to maintain and possibly lose a little more:)
  • CJ272015
    CJ272015 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey im a newbie to this! on a mission to lose 3 stone
  • isaiahaina
    isaiahaina Posts: 4 Member
    Back in the gym for the first time in 3 years. I grew up athletic and now I have this pathetic dad bod lol. Will probably post weekly to keep myself sane, and why the hell does everything hurt now🤦🏽‍♂️ Anyone on this bogus journey and excellent adventure as well 😂
  • swimrlady
    swimrlady Posts: 11 Member
    Hello!
    Just found out I am diabetic. Would like to lose 60 lbs. measuring on here isn’t the easiest. Is there a way to change oz grams to cups or tbs
    Thanks!
  • tonytoes408
    tonytoes408 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm Tony ..MY 2019 easter brunch turned into a big discussion about me and my weight returned . I lost over 100 lbs. only to have 67 lbs come back .

Monday 4/22/2019 Will be my Official Restart date. Join me as i journey thru another transformation. . Tony
  • haileyshenanigans
    haileyshenanigans Posts: 3 Member
    Hi guys,
    I'm Hailey. I'm starting over today. I gave birth to my beautiful rainbow baby last November and I haven't lost any of the baby weight. I have actually gained more. I'm so ready to lose my pregnancy weight and be healthy for my little one. Any motivation or support is welcome!
  • 23CC23
    23CC23 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello,

I first downloaded the app in the Summer of 2017. Got overwhelmed with all the information around exercising and weight loss.
    Downloaded it again a few days ago. Trying to wrap my head around some of the info.
    So far I swim three to four times a week and I’m on a three day streak (lol) of going to the gym after work. I don’t spend a lot of time as I am trying to build up slowly so as not to risk injuries.

I’m about 250lbs and 5’6”. I’ve got a long way to go and right now I’m not even sure if I can figure out how to lose a pound.

So, here we go.
    230314 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I’m new and would like to meet others who are new too! I need to stay motivated
  • smdandurand
    smdandurand Posts: 1 Member
    janiquabq wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new on here and looking to lose 60 lbs. I'm female, 62 years of age and need to get back on the healthy living track!

Hi Janiquabq;c, I am trying MFP again now that my kids gave me fitness tracker that syncs to MFP. I'm female, 54 years old and would like to lose 60 lbs as well but more importantly to get my body back healthy again. Best of luck to you in your journey.
This discussion has been closed.