MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - April 2019

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the April Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the April Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for APRIL. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Welcome to our newest members! We will kick the month off here tomorrow with introductions.

@grizziegriz
    @jgratopp6
    @Pricanma13
    @Fitgirllife72
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    CAPTAINS
    1) YOUR NEW MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO YOUR TEAMS AS OF THIS MORNING....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735430/april-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page/p1

2) TALLIES ARE DONE AND WILL POSTED IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION ON THE HOME PAGE TOMORROW BY BECKY (@BEKA3695)

3) THERE WERE A LOT OF NWI'S AND MISSED WEIGH IN'S ON SOME OF THE TEAMS MINE INCLUDED
    PLEASE CAN WE ALL DO OUR DUE DILIGENT AND KEEP OUR SPREAD SHEETS UP TO DATE AS TIME PERMITS.

4) EVERY SUNDAY I START ON THE TALLIES AT 0500HRS OR 5 AM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME I GO THROUGH EACH TEAMS THREAD BACK 2 PAGES ..THAT'S IT IF I DON'T SEE THE WEIGH IN OF THOSE MISSING IT GOES IN AS A NWI. I DO THAT SO THE GROUP STANDING WILL CONTINUE TO BE CURRENT FOR THE TALLIES. IT CAN BE CHANGED TO A LWI IF YOU SO DESIRE AS THE CAPTAIN. LET ONE OF US MODS KNOW AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO CHANGE IT TO THE LWI.
    THESE TALLIES TAKE ABOUT ABOUT 1-1/2 HRS. TO DO FROM START TO FINISH..IT'S A TON OF WORK FOR US SO IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YOUR SPREADSHEETS ARE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS

I WILL BE GOING DARK MONDAY NIGHT I AS I HAVE PREP TO DO FOR SURGERY ON TUESDAY MORNING 0500 HRS...I WILL BE DARK AT LEAST UNTIL THURSDAY ACCORDING TO THE ADMIRAL (MARCIE). I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WELL WISHES AND ALL OF THE GOOD MOJO THAT IS HEADED MY WAY. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK, HOWEVER I HAVE THE BEST OF THE BEST NAVY AND CIVILIAN SURGICAL TEAM KNOWN SO I AM JUST GOING TO PUT MY TRUST IN THEM AND THEIR KNOWLEDGE. HOORAH
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    s80yjdud6z5j.png
    https://darebee.com/programs/cardio-go.html
    THIS WEEK MODERATORS CHALLENGE
    LET'S GET THAT HEART A PUMP-IN WHAT YA SAY

Cardio Go is a low impact 30-day no-equipment program with a focus on streamline achieved through steady burn. It has a simple easy-to-follow structure and it’s designed as a running substitute.

The program is perfect for beginners as well as people at an advanced fitness level who want to add extra, moderate exercise to their day. Each session is 30-40 minutes long. Rest between sets is optional and it can be skipped.

All exercises in the program are standing exercises, at no point will you need to get down on the floor - there are no burpees, push-ups or planks. This program can be repeated indefinitely after the 30 days are up. Each day simply start the timer and go! Repeat the set for each day seven times in total. You can do more or fewer sets to increase or decrease the workout time to better fit it into your day.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Username: FitGirlLife72
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 130
    Today’s Weight: 126.4
  • Kres567
    Welcome two more new team members!

@BuiltLikeAPeep
    @Trina0606
  • Kres567

Nice loss!! Way to kick off the month!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Kres567 wrote: »

Nice loss!! Way to kick off the month!

Thank you so much I am so excited! I’m also really excited about the moderators challenge this week. I’ve been wanting a little more cardio in my day but nothing too advanced. This beginner cardio looks like just what I was looking for!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Welcome new members new members, @BuiltLikeAPeep @Trina0606@grizziegriz @jgratopp6 @Pricanma13 and @Fitgirllife72 !

@Fitgirllife72 - What a great weigh-in! Way to kick the month off with a bang!

Austin here. I joined the group 7 months ago, part way through a long journey. I have lost over 120 pounds since I started work on this last January, and am getting close to my initial goal. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll see lots of this activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have done this work. So every so often I burble about habit building, as that has been super useful to me.

Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! This is such a fabulous group of people, and we are glad you are joining us on the journey! This is a group of people that would love to hear about what you are up to as you work on your health and fitness on a daily basis using whatever plan you find it best for you. We want to hear about both the struggles and the victories, and will be sharing ours with you.

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-baswed site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.

** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly useful to me.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Welcome two more new team members!

@BuiltLikeAPeep
    @Trina0606

Welcome onboard, it's great to see you here, we will look forward to getting to know you
  • tess5036
    Welcome new members new members, @BuiltLikeAPeep @Trina0606@grizziegriz @jgratopp6 @Pricanma13 and @Fitgirllife72 !

@Fitgirllife72 - What a great weigh-in! Way to kick the month off with a bang!

Austin here. I joined the group 7 months ago, part way through a long journey. I have lost over 120 pounds since I started work on this last January, and am getting close to my initial goal. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll see lots of this activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have done this work. So every so often I burble about habit building, as that has been super useful to me.

Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! This is such a fabulous group of people, and we are glad you are joining us on the journey! This is a group of people that would love to hear about what you are up to as you work on your health and fitness on a daily basis using whatever plan you find it best for you. We want to hear about both the struggles and the victories, and will be sharing ours with you.

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-baswed site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.

** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly useful to me.

Those look like fantastic resources, thank you for posting them, especially the post about habits and building good habits is so important. Motivation is good, bit it isn't consistent and can fail us, habit beats motivation every time !
  • tess5036
    Welcome to our newest members! We will kick the month off here tomorrow with introductions.

@grizziegriz
    @jgratopp6
    @Pricanma13
    @Fitgirllife72

Brilliant to see so many new members, all in time for us to loose more before the summer :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Starting weight 156.8
    Weigh in day Friday

Hope this the the correct place to post this. I’ll try to get caught up in the next couple of days.
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    tess5036 wrote: »

@grizziegriz
    @jgratopp6
    @Pricanma13
    @Fitgirllife72

Brilliant to see so many new members, all in time for us to loose more before the summer :)

Yay. Welcome! This is my 2nd month with these group of lovely people :)
    I lost 6 lbs last month and up for another challenge!

Steps for 3/30: 15, 601

Today is leg day for me.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Ohhh my goodness it's a new month and I didn't even realize it!! :o

Hello to all our new members!! You are in an awesome group that is very supportive and fun! :)

My Fitbit hasn't been syncing to my phone for the last few days and I just figured out how to fix it today. So, I apologize for not completing my steps for the month. :/

Sunday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Lots of housework!

My goal for April is to stay on my new intermittent fasting plan and hopefully lose a good amount of weight! B)
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Username: Ruthann2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 144.0
    Todays Weight: 142.6
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Username: Ruthann2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 142.6
    Todays Weight: 142.6
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,360 Member
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is actually APRIL! Can you believe it? Welcome to our new members, @grizziegriz
    @jgratopp6 @Pricanma13 and @Fitgirllife72. You have come to a great place! I am Tami and have been in this group for about a year and a half, I guess. I've lost over 40 pounds and have been in and out of maintenance now for several months. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee, so spring is definitely here, and that makes me happy.

Steps for our step challenge (I'm catching up):

3/27 = 12, 396
    3/28 = 8,062
    3/29 = 5,929 UGH
    3/30 = 13,935

Speaking of Step Challenge, team do you want to keep going to Katahdin or do something else? It's up to y'all.

I would love to keep going if others are up for it (and you don’t mind continuing to post about our hike??)The pictures are gorgeous.

I don't mind at all. We should be there in just a couple weeks. Just thought I'd check to see what others wanted to do. :blush:
This discussion has been closed.