Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    People occupying weight machines for 20 minutes. 19 minutes of that time they play with their phones and don’t even work out.
  • JMac8849
    JMac8849 Posts: 25 Member
    People taking up more space than necessary. I work out at a small (3 room) gym and go at 0500/0530 so I can throw weight and avoid people but lately, there has been a couple coming in and just taking up like half the place.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    People who let everyone know that they are so ultra-focused on what they are doing, their intense program, their incoming gainz, their own vibe, that they absolutely don't notice what anyone else is doing in the gym. If you are aware of what is happening in your surroundings, you just aren't working hard enough :D
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    People who don't wipe down the machines after use and cropdusters are the worst!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    People putting the plates back randomly.

Come on, putting the 25kg plates on top of the 1.25kg plates is just stupid.
  • Mark_C81
    Mark_C81 Posts: 138 Member
    I go to the gym about 330 am, only about 10 people in at that time. It's the same people every morning, we smile nod out heads at each other and that's it.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    People occupying weight machines for 20 minutes. 19 minutes of that time they play with their phones and don’t even work out.

Yes, specially during peak hours.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    There is a woman in my gym that will leave her station during cardio kickboxing classes to yell at me "come on, you can do more than that - punch that bag like it's your ex" as if she is my personal boot camp instructor. I usually respond with, "I'm good. It's a one hour class; this is the first ten minutes. I want to make it to the end." By the 40 minute mark, she is the one sitting on a weight bench taking a break. Although, she hasn't been to class for a while because she tore something in her shoulder during class.
  • kaizaku
    I go to the gym about 330 am, only about 10 people in at that time. It's the same people every morning, we smile nod out heads at each other and that's it.

I've seen the same people when I go gym. No one nods at anyone 😂
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    When people watch me exercise. Or look at me. Or talk to me. Or breathe in my personal space.

That part. LMBO
  • kaizaku
    Calling his buddies across the gym loud to have a conversation. At first I thought a fight broke out but it was a crack head screaming. Apparently they were talking. People were staring. I was more or less in the middle.
  • LionsGorrilla
    LionsGorrilla Posts: 8 Member
    Add me
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Leaving the weights on the machine after you’re done using it. Not taking them off and put them back where they belong. Now my little *kitten* has to take off 200+ pounds off the bar because some muscle head was too lazy to put them back.
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Stepping in front to grab weights when I’m lifting, I know lame but show some respect!
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    I'm glad I haven't experience this yet. Although when I started, I remember this kid making loud grunt noises while doing his thing. I just sat on a bench somewhat close to him and started doing weights quietly and he stopped grunting right away.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2019
    There is a woman in my gym that will leave her station during cardio kickboxing classes to yell at me "come on, you can do more than that - punch that bag like it's your ex" as if she is my personal boot camp instructor. I usually respond with, "I'm good. It's a one hour class; this is the first ten minutes. I want to make it to the end." By the 40 minute mark, she is the one sitting on a weight bench taking a break. Although, she hasn't been to class for a while because she tore something in her shoulder during class.
    Oh dear. Does she understand that people should warm up with reasonably light strikes at the beginning before they go all in with committed blows?

• kaizaku
    NaKeTe wrote: »
    Add me

Huh?

😂
  • kaizaku
    Yesterday an old guy stood next to me an started saying something whilst I was doing my set on the incline bench. I had my earphones on plus i was pushing weight. Can't talk. He asked me if I was done using the weight plate. I was thinking you can clearly see me using it.

People usually ask how many sets you got on the dumbbells but this dummy wanted the plate.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Leaving the weights on the machine after you’re done using it. Not taking them off and put them back where they belong. Now my little *kitten* has to take off 200+ pounds off the bar because some muscle head was too lazy to put them back.

Consider it a good warm up.