Need to replace eggs.

I need to replace eggs for breakfast. I need something with protein, low sodium, low fat, and no cholesterol. What do you use?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    The only thing that fits for me during the week for breakfast is a protein shake. I use Spartan Nutrition whey with water. On weekends I have a Hilary's root veggie burger with low fat, no sodium added cottage cheese ( hard to find but Whole Foods sells it)
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Quinoa, beans, or tofu?
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Egg whites
    A protein shake I love th Quest one
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt
    Turkey sausage and turkey bacon
  • msurkus
    msurkus Posts: 23 Member
    To reduce my egg cholesterol and satisfy my love for eggs. I usually use one egg yolk and 3-5 egg whites with a little milk. I love the yolks but they have all the bad stuff. Good luck!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I don't eat eggs, wish I did they are such handy food.

I eat Greek Yogurt (I make my own) and a half bagel. Or a whole bagel if it's a gym day.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2019
    nevermind
  • fcanad
    fcanad Posts: 48 Member
    Chia seeds with fruit!
    Protein powder
    Cottage cheese (can be low fat, had cholesterol)
    SARDINES! I know, not for the faint of heart.
  • docmase
    docmase Posts: 2 Member
    Whey protein
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    One of my favorite breakfasts is an ocean's snack kit. I eat the one with rice crackers because it's like 145 calories. I just happen to like tuna and it has a little bit of mayo in it so it's not like just eating canned tuna.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    DH decided for a while to eliminate eggs (for invalid reasons, but whatev). I made a huge tofu scramble in a wok on Sunday & portioned it out for many days. It was convenient because he could grab & go on gym mornings (heat & eat at work). We had half a dozen varieties we rotated through. My favorite was with cauliflower, chickpeas & turmeric based seasoning. Also made a taco seasoning version with black beans, onions, etc. I don’t remember all of them, but all involved bulking with vegetables of some sort & heavy seasoning because, tofu. He eventually went back to eggs.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    My morning breakfast is a wheat English muffin topped with avocado and a hard boiled egg without the yolk.
  • suzannesimmons1
    suzannesimmons1 Posts: 58 Member
    "Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death in the United States. For years, dietary cholesterol was implicated in increasing blood cholesterol levels leading to the elevated risk of CVD. To date, extensive research did not show evidence to support a role of dietary cholesterol in the development of CVD. As a result, the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans removed the recommendations of restricting dietary cholesterol to 300 mg/day."

Dietary Cholesterol and the Lack of Evidence in Cardiovascular Disease
    Ghada A. Soliman

This....unless you have a genetic disposition to cholesterol what you eat will have little effect.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Actually, I think the point of the research is that it is genetic disposition and not dietary cholesterol that causes cardiovascular disease.
  • suzannesimmons1
    suzannesimmons1 Posts: 58 Member
    Actually, I think the point of the research is that it is genetic disposition and not dietary cholesterol that causes cardiovascular disease.

Basically yes.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2728487

If someone can find where it says it’s ok to eat more than 3 eggs/week (I know there’s cholesterol in other foods & that they focused on eggs), please point it out. I don’t mean that in an argumentative way, moreso in a lack of reading comprehension way.