Maintenance Anniversary

zeejane03
zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
edited April 2019 in Success Stories
I realized that today is my 6 year maintenance anniversary and my weigh-in this morning put me within a pound of my original goal weight, that I hit on April 1, 2013 :) I chose that weight to be my goal because it's what I weighed on my wedding day, when I had just turned 24. I'm now 40 years old and can comfortably fit into size 4/6 jeans, have a BMI of a 22 but most importantly-all my health markers/blood work is great, including having normalized glucose numbers since 2013, (diagnosed a prediabetic in 2012/last fasting glucose test put me at an 87). Feeling a bit emotional this morning-realizing that I've beat all the odds and I can now say I'm maintaining successfully, long term, but also realizing how far I have to go yet. 6 years done, 45ish more years to go!

tb2gulgry33l.jpgb9qpkxo6j0fs.png
n4yudyvhrfzp.png

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    That's awesome! You look fantastic and it's so great to hear that all your health markers are solidly within the healthy range.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    wonderful what a great inspiration you are! thanks for sharing!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2019
    This is great! Well done :smiley:

You and I have similar stats (age/BMI/clothing size) except I haven't been maintaining nearly as long. If you can do it, I guess I probably can too ;) Peter Cetera/Chicago song.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,715 Member
    Well done! Wish I could put both Like and Inspiring.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    So great! Congratulations on rocking maintenance!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    Well done - you look fantastic!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Bravo Zulu!

Thank you for sharing this and may your story inspire others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!