Favourite ways to eat cauliflower rice?

Tonight I made butter chicken with cauliflower rice, it was so amazing. I used half a cup of rice mixed with 1 cup of cauliflower rice and I legit couldn’t even notice a taste difference but I cut the calories way down.
I wanna mix it with Mexican rice next!!

Replies

• GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    Butter and a dash of sea salt & pepper
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    warm with laughing cow cheese. yum!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    I use as a direct replacement for rice in stuffed peppers (with sausage and pasta sauce) and in jambalaya. Both meals are ones we enjoy at least a couple of times/month.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    I make a cauli fried rice with green onions, garlic and curry! 😋 mix in a little saffron and voila!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    It's good with curry. Otherwise, it's just cauliflower pretending to be rice but fooling no one :tongue:

Pretty much this.

I primarily use it as a bulking agent in recipes. It adds volume for very low calories which reduces the total calories per serving.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Tries it.... mostly in the trash.... lol
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    The trick is to not think of it as rice. I use it a lot in place of rice to control my calories, usually any recipe that has a sauce. After I heat it up I squeeze out the excess water using a kitchen towel to prevent it from watering down the dish. This way it absorbs some of the sauce, works real well!

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited April 2019
    1/2c riced cauliflower, 1 serving-1/2 cup white rice, 1 steamers bag CA blend veggies, a protein (chicken, beans or shrimp), and then sweet n' sour sauce :)
  • gaelicstorm
    gaelicstorm Posts: 94 Member
    I like to make a fried rice using garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and egg.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It's good with curry. Otherwise, it's just cauliflower pretending to be rice but fooling no one :tongue:

Pretty much this.

I primarily use it as a bulking agent in recipes. It adds volume for very low calories which reduces the total calories per serving.

Same here, it's nice and mild so it mixes in well with many recipes and sauces without adding a weird taste or texture. As a replacement for rice, though, it is very meh. I do, however, prefer cauliflower mashed potatoes over the real thing.
  • NovusDies

Pretty much this.

Same here, it's nice and mild so it mixes in well with many recipes and sauces without adding a weird taste or texture. As a replacement for rice, though, it is very meh. I do, however, prefer cauliflower mashed potatoes over the real thing.

I don't want cauliflower in my mashed potatoes. It would throw off the texture.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    This is the only way I've eaten it, and I like it.

GUEST_d8278585-5743-4c6a-b47e-78424bfb7751?wid=1400&fmt=pjpeg
  • RelCanonical

Pretty much this.

It's cauliflower cooked and then blended to be like mashed potatoes, rather than cauliflower in mashed potatoes. Definitely a similar texture to mashed potatoes, although a little thinner (which I like).
  • RelCanonical
    This is the only way I've eaten it, and I like it.

GUEST_d8278585-5743-4c6a-b47e-78424bfb7751?wid=1400&fmt=pjpeg

I love Birds Eye meals. I eat their cheese rotini with broccoli a lot.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I make it into fried rice. Add veggies, soy, chili sauce, butter, and some protein (egg/shrimp) Pretty good and keeps the calories down (ok, except for the butter...) But still helps. easy for when I'm home alone a night.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2019

Pretty much this.

It's cauliflower cooked and then blended to be like mashed potatoes, rather than cauliflower in mashed potatoes. Definitely a similar texture to mashed potatoes, although a little thinner (which I like).

I think he was being a smart *kitten* :tongue:

Shocking, I know.
  • RelCanonical

Pretty much this.

Shocking, I know.

Oh god, normally I'm so good at reading intelligent cats but I missed that one, lol.
  • NovusDies

Pretty much this.

Then it is mashed/blended cauliflower not cauliflower mashed potatoes.
  • NovusDies
    edited April 2019

Pretty much this.

Shocking, I know.

I am not sure that I like that you know this about me. ibdzugve31cf.gif