LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    jade- yup, that's what I'm telling myself. Yesterday I was fine. Even felt fine earlier this morning, but I can feel that ravenous hunger that I normally get creeping up on me. I'm just so afraid to let myself deviate from the plan b/c when I did it in the past, it always led back to bad food choices. I've already shown myself that that's not the case any longer, but still afraid of those bad habits coming back.

So yeah... weight up this morning (169) which was to be expected since I did actually eat yesterday. And I'm guessing it's AF related too. I'm cool with it. Just want this week to hurry up and end. During my last c-sec, I should've just told the doc to just take out the whole uterus. I don't need it anymore.. no point in more periods.. ever :P lol

As mentioned above, my hunger has amped up this morning. I think I'll be ok though, but future periods? I may just eat. I'll play it by ear. I am noticing that I am seriously craving some junk food right now. Grr stupid hormones!!

Hubs asked me last night if I had eaten or just done bone broth again. Then he asked if I was going to try out every other day just bone broth... and I liked the sound of that. Maybe next week I'll give that a try and see how it goes :) Just switch it up to keep my body guessing ;)

Anywho... staying strong today. I can do it!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    hoping you stay strong and the cravings stay away. TOM sucks no doubt!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yup TOM/AF is the WORST! Stay strong ladies! You've got this!!!! Call on your partners in crime over here if you need help!
  • LiLee2018
    Thank goodness I could break my fast early... and I did lol
    Chewed some gum while waiting to get my daughter. Got home and fixed myself a cup of bone broth.
    Heated up leftover steak w/ horseradish and now I'm heating up some chicken thighs. That should be plenty for my meal lol. If not, I'll have something else, but this should be enough.
    Right now I'm sitting at just over 1000 calories.

Forgot to weigh before I broke my fast but meh. Not worried about that right now.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I chew gum too as it helps me not to think of food...lol. I just love your positive attitude :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks... I am not so positive today though! rofl
    I am about my own journey. Ever since I started on this, my motivation has never once waned. It's just today, my tolerance for other's excuses is at about a 0 lol.
    Thanks a lot raging period hormones!

I ended up scramblings 3 eggs in butter yesterday after posting, so total calories came to about 1300. Still not too shabby.
    I don't think the chicken thighs agreed with me though. Up a couple times last night needing to evict the spiciness from my gut. I love spicy foods, but they just don't love me all the time. Boo :(

Other than feeling a bit like a giant hormonal witch right now... I feel pretty good. I still want ALL THE JUNK FOOD, but other than that, I'm still good.
    I think I need to stay off the scale for now though... and future periods. Just no point in weighing when I know it's going to be up, ya know?
    Dinner tonight... not sure. Maybe some air fried chicken wings and leftover rotisserie chicken.
  • volgirl1322
    Yeah don't do anything that you don't want to do.....I am get super crazy with the scale and I don't weigh during TOM ---even though my brain knows it isn't real --my emotions over rule :) so I stay away!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM I love eggs <3 Yeah don't bother weighing if you're not in the right mentality - it bums me right out when I do it, so I'm getting better about avoiding the scale when I'm in those moods :)

Every once in a while spicy food will get to me (not very often, I do spicy most days of the week LOL) and BOY it's not fun, so I hope that's over for ya! :)
  • LiLee2018
    vol- Exactly. It's like I know why my weight is up, but it's still a bummer seeing it up. I just need to get some of this willpower and stop myself from weighing right now. It's not helping me do anything.

misty- Yes I love eggs! Especially in ramen or egg drop soup. Yuuuum.
    I used to be able to eat spicy food with no problem, but as I've gotten older, my poor stomach just can't handle it like it used to. /shrugs

Bone broth broke my fast today. Also made some wings in the air fryer and I topped with garlic parm and hot sauce along with salt and pepper. Finishing off my day with another cup of broth.
    Total calories, about 1100-1200.

I really need to figure out a format that is easier to read lol.

Got in my new exercise bands and exercise ball. Not starting this week, but going to next week. I really want to start working my butt and legs more.rMy squat game SUCKS, but just something else to work on. Especially building up my butt and stretching my hamstrings. I am SUPER stiff. I've never been able to reach my toes standing up straight. That will be a good NSV for me. Need to do it with my daughter too b/c even though she's 6.. she can't reach hers either. Kinda sorta need to be flexible for gymnastics lol. Honestly she's only in that for some activity and just to do it. /shrugs

Oh and I had an ACV drink at around noon. Watched a video about it and decided to give it another try, but it's so gross yall. I hate it. Braggs has brought out some stevia sweetened ACV drinks that I'm going to look for though. Maybe I could include that with my meals. It's supposed to be calorie free though so maybe during my fasting time too.
  • mistymeadows2005
    BLECH I hate ACV too - I gotta get back in the habit though because I really do think it works - I just hate it *whines* lol

DITTO on all things BUTT that you were referencing! I want my butt back and I'm only getting it through exercise now...abs could use some work for me too but mostly that's wishful thinking of spot-losing LMAO

(my butt though :disappointed: )
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Same here and it depresses me when I see my weight goes up AF or no AF...lol. As for ACV drink, I tried it but I just cannot get myself to like it. So, in the end, I decided not to force myself. I love eggs <3
  • volgirl1322
    I had been super great about ACV but have fallen off the wagon I must get back on it. Yeah it sucks but I just mix it with a bit of water and chug it down as quick as possible...…*gag*
  • LiLee2018
    misty- Oh I wish we could spot lose. I'd be sitting here with a perfectly flat stomach and non-flabby arms if we could lol Hell.. so would everyone probably ;)

jade- Same.... I went about 2 weeks of drinking ACV and just couldn't stomach it anymore.

vol- You are more hardcore than I am. I have to mix it with lemon juice and a little salt. I can't do just water and ACV.

REALLY hoping I can find the new braggs drinks out there b/c if I can't..... I just don't think I'll be able to include ACV in b/c just.... no. NO! lol

I've decided that I'm not weighing in tomorrow AND I'm going to stay off the scale until next Friday. It's going to be a mini goal for myself. While weighing so often does keep me motivated, it's also become an obsession too and I just need a break from the scale.
    Going to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully I'll see a good number next week.

I am feeling hungrier than usual this morning. Don't think I had enough fat last night to keep me feeling satisfied today... maybe. I dunno. Just guessing. It's not overwhelming though so I can tough it out I think.

And finally... I'm really excited to start using my new exercise stuff! Was messing around with the ball yesterday and it dawned on me that I can use it to help me with my squats. The goal will be to eventually do nice deep squats on my own of course, but using the ball to help get to that point? Heck yeah! Super excited. Going to take some before leg photos and hopefully will have some good results to share in the future :)
  • volgirl1322
    Do what you need to do on the weighing thing ---I totally have done that before bc i wasn't sure my mind could handle the number :)……

Good luck with your exercise stuff too ---sounds fun :)
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/4/2019
    Today's Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Today’s Water Consumed: not enough
    Today’s Exercise completed: not much. Practicing some booty exercise ball moves
    Hours slept: 7.5hrs
    Description/Photo of Meals: 2 coffee cups of chicken bone broth w/ chicken bouillon, 10.55oz ribeye fat eaten, cheddar crisps.
    Total calories: 1053

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Tired today suddenly. Really wanted to finish my meal with something sweet, but had nothing quick and low carb. Fixed some SF orange jello for tomorrow though! May have to find some other kind of fruit to make ice cream out of b/c I'm missing that treat lol. When we first started keto, I used to use those MIO water flavoring with heavy whipping cream. I'd use orange/tangerine flavor, vanilla extract in heavy whipping cream. Whip until thickened. Tasted just like orange creamsicle. SO YUM. Maybe could do something like that but for ice cream. Won't be as good as fresh strawberries, but might be good :)

And yay! Better format. I guess I could've done it last month but just felt better to start it from the start of this month.

Going to chug some water before bed. Haven't had nearly enough today.

Also went to Walmart this afternoon. Had to get a few things along with some more chicken feet. They're now selling them in a larger pack. Guess it's double the amount it was before b/c that's the price now. Guess they're really popular lol.
    Also saw that they sell thick pork belly strips. No skin attached but that's fine too. Looked good so got 2 packs. Maybe will have that Saturday with whatever else. Marinate them and then fry them up until crispy. YUM.
  • volgirl1322
    I love SF jello it does satisfy my sweet tooth......
  • LiLee2018
    About to start up another batch of bone broth. Forgot to buy other things for it... like an onion, celery, erm.. other stuff. Oh well.
    It will be good on its own and powder seasoning in it.

Also REALLY had to muscle up some willpower this morning to not weigh myself. I still want to go and do it, but I won't. I've set this goal for myself. I need to stick to it.

Dinner tonight... no idea. Depends on where the family goes for dinner. Hopefully somewhere I'll want to go too. If not... /shrugs. Still have the dry rotisserie chicken I can eat. Will be a sad pathetic dinner though /cry
  • volgirl1322
    Hopefully you can get a good dinner tonight......Good job on not stepping on the scale if you don't want to.....
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm still so jealous of your chicken feet - turkey necks are a nice new find, but nothing compared to the cartilidge-y goodness of chicken feet - so jealous of your optionsssssssss

Good job not weighing! Your meal does sound delish though - craving a little red meat today....
  • LiLee2018
    misty- Turkey necks sound like they would make delicious stock. Hopefully your options will keep growing. Maybe keep asking for it... get friends and family to ask for it if they shop in the same places. Then, if they think a lot of people would buy, they'll start stocking it. lol

I'm breaking my fast early. Actually experiencing hunger hunger this morning. I waited to see if it would go away and it hasn't. It's a FFA calories day anyway right? lol Still managing to get in a 18-19hr fast so that's not too shabby. But yeah... I feel like I need to eat, so that's what I'm going to do... with dry chicken b/c I don't feel like making anything else... /cry
    Going to try for a lot of broth days next week. I just want to keep switching things up. Still staying mostly OMAD, but including more low calorie days as well.
    Keep this weight loss moving in the right direction!
    I would very much like to be close to or at my goal by the time school starts back up in late August :D That's going to take a lot of hard work though and there will be a few cheats in there, but... I'm going to try my best!