Pet peeves

Replies

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    When someone calls and if you don't answer, they immediately text you.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    When someone calls their adult child (especially over 21) a "kiddo" and doesn't expect them to ever drive, move out, get a job, etc.
  • EmmaCat013
    EmmaCat013 Posts: 25 Member
    I've got a long list...

People who complain all day and night about their woes and life problems, but never actually do anything about it.
    Couples who stay together for the children but really hate each other. Congrats, you've given your kids the worst example of a healthy relationship.
    People who late cancel on me. Being stood up.
    People who drive the wrong way in a parking lot.
    People with SUVs who park between two parking spaces. You're a dick.
    People who think prayers will solve all their problems, and the world's. Action solves problems. Prayers are wishes.
    Fitness models and their pseudoscience health tips. "Alkalinize your body" - If your body's pH was alkaline, you'd probably be in the hospital ICU. "Apple cider vinegar is good for GERD" - more acid, doesn't solve problems from too much acid. blah blah.
    The age of misinformation.

Whew.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    EmmaCat013 wrote: »
    I've got a long list...

People who complain all day and night about their woes and life problems, but never actually do anything about it.
    Couples who stay together for the children but really hate each other. Congrats, you've given your kids the worst example of a healthy relationship.
    People who think prayers will solve all their problems, and the world's. Action solves problems. Prayers are wishes.
    Fitness models and their pseudoscience health tips. "Alkalinize your body" - If your body's pH was alkaline, you'd probably be in the hospital ICU. "Apple cider vinegar is good for GERD" - more acid, doesn't solve problems from too much acid. blah blah.

Whew.
    THIS.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    When you're talking to someone and someone else with different or more information completely speaks over you to that other person to convey it.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    EmmaCat013 wrote: »
    I've got a long list...

Whew.

I do this all the time. Not on purpose of course. My inner self still drives a tiny Honda and anything bigger than a grocery getter is like trying to park a harrier jet in a tuna can
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Customers that stare at you the entire time or try to flirt, people pushing strollers around stores who think they own the god damn aisle, animals dressed as humans and a ton more

I hate that people feel that they need to try to humanize their pets - a dog is awesome just being a dog (you know, covered in fur and not in need of clothing, walking on their own four legs and not wheeled around in a stroller, eating dog food that is appropriate for their digestive system instead of feeding them a piece of pizza from the dinner table, etc.) - treating it like a human child has always struck me as creepy.

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Customers that stare at you the entire time or try to flirt, people pushing strollers around stores who think they own the god damn aisle, animals dressed as humans and a ton more

I hate that people feel that they need to try to humanize their pets - a dog is awesome just being a dog (you know, covered in fur and not in need of clothing, walking on their own four legs and not wheeled around in a stroller, eating dog food that is appropriate for their digestive system instead of feeding them a piece of pizza from the dinner table, etc.) - treating it like a human child has always struck me as creepy.

While I do not dress my two girls as humans, I do like them more then most humans.

My dogs are part of the family and I will protect them from a sunburn with a light tee shirt (doggie size of course). Or from the cold in the winter with a fleece jacket or a jacket. My eldest still likes long walks even through because of her age cannot walk very far. So she gets a stroller rides or rides in the golf cart.

So I guess my pet peeve is: if you do not know the circumstances, did not criticize others on how they treat members of their families unless it is abusive.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited April 2019
    Mean_Spice wrote: »

While I do not dress my two girls as humans, I do like them more then most humans.

My dogs are part of the family and I will protect them from a sunburn with a light tee shirt (doggie size of course). Or from the cold in the winter with a fleece jacket or a jacket. My eldest still likes long walks even through because of her age cannot walk very far. So she gets a stroller rides or rides in the golf cart.

So I guess my pet peeve is: if you do not know the circumstances, did not criticize others on how they treat members of their families unless it is abusive.

Having grown up with family pets and loving them and treating them very well - we never pretended they were human beings. I don't think it is necessary. As a dog owner, you are free to do whatever you wish, my opinion is just that.

I didn't figure I had to, but let me draw distinctions here. If your dog needs winter clothing as protection from the elements, that makes perfect sense, as opposed to dressing a dog in a tuxedo or sundress because...well, I have no idea why you would do that, I'll leave it at "because". (I grew up in Michigan and we had dog breeds appropriate for the winter and never needed boots or coats - it may make sense to factor that into your dog acquisition criteria) If your dog is old and/or disabled and pushing it in a stroller is humane, great, that makes sense, versus just carting a perfectly able dog around because you feel the need to for some reason. I'm not sure how a golf cart ride fits in the discussion - if your family is traveling somewhere in a car or golf cart, yeah, take the dog, lol.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited April 2019

Having grown up with family pets and loving them and treating them very well - we never pretended they were human beings. I don't think it is necessary. As a dog owner, you are free to do whatever you wish, my opinion is just that.

I didn't figure I had to, but let me draw distinctions here. If your dog needs winter clothing as protection from the elements, that makes perfect sense, as opposed to dressing a dog in a tuxedo or sundress because...well, I have no idea why you would do that, I'll leave it at "because". (I grew up in Michigan and we had dog breeds appropriate for the winter and never needed boots or coats - it may make sense to factor that into your dog acquisition criteria) If your dog is old and/or disabled and pushing it in a stroller is humane, great, that makes sense, versus just carting a perfectly able dog around because you feel the need to for some reason. I'm not sure how a golf cart ride fits in the discussion - if your family is traveling somewhere in a car or golf cart, yeah, take the dog, lol.
    Back to what @Mean_Spice said... you're criticizing these dog owners without knowing any of the distinctions you tried to later clarify as acceptable.

ETA: I saw a lady walking her two small dogs in a stroller the other day. I kinda chuckled to myself thinking it was a bit silly, only to talk to her and see that they're senior dogs who cannot walk easily. I made a rash judgement and it was completely wrong.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member

Back to what @Mean_Spice said... you're criticizing these dog owners without knowing any of the distinctions you tried to later clarify as acceptable.

ETA: I saw a lady walking her two small dogs in a stroller the other day. I kinda chuckled to myself thinking it was a bit silly, only to talk to her and see that they're senior dogs who cannot walk easily. I made a rash judgement and it was completely wrong.

1) all I can do is clearly state that I distinguish carting around a disabled animal that needs assistance from carting around an able animal who does not, I'm not sure what else I can add to that disclaimer and 2) any "judgment" I may have is kept to myself out in the "real world", I'm not out confronting pet owners and asking for explanations. Just internet message boarding here 🤷‍♂️
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    When people make their usernames about Donuts, all I can think about is donuts!!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    When people make their usernames about Donuts, all I can think about is donuts!!

7o0num4sgq1n.gif
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    1. Unsolicited advice. I get so sick of people starting sentences with "You should........" I swear so many people seem to think they are the experts of everything and need to bestow their wisdom on other grown adults.
    2. Ditto on me parking far away to protect my car and then someone parks right up next to it. I just know they are going to ding my door when they open theirs.
    3. Groups of people walking 4 abreast in hallways or on sidewalks who refuse to go single file for like 2 seconds, leaving no room for you to pass.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool wrote: »

7o0num4sgq1n.gif

qh5p92seglfl.gif
  • Tankiscool
    1. Unsolicited advice. I get so sick of people starting sentences with "You should........" I swear so many people seem to think they are the experts of everything and need to bestow their wisdom on other grown adults.
    2. Ditto on me parking far away to protect my car and then someone parks right up next to it. I just know they are going to ding my door when they open theirs.
    3. Groups of people walking 4 abreast in hallways or on sidewalks who refuse to go single file for like 2 seconds, leaving no room for you to pass.

you shouldn't listen to those people ;)
  • OGingerBeardMan
    OGingerBeardMan Posts: 156 Member
    Twerking. I just don't get it at all.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles
  • Tankiscool
    iMago wrote: »