Little things I love about cycling

Options
I found this and thought it was worth sharing. I find it to be very true in my experience. Have a great Friday y'all!

https://humancyclist.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/cycling-little-things/

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    +1 for new bar tape! All clean, ever so slightly squishy, and maybe giving the bike a new look.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I've had the experience of going full gas to outrun a rainstorm - then watching it rain buckets when I got home.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've had the experience of going full gas to outrun a rainstorm - then watching it rain buckets when I got home.

Hahaha, that's one of the best motivators for me, will go all out to outrun a storm! Especially if i don't have rain gear.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sunset, sunrise, beautiful view and smell of the ocean in the air, tailwind, feeling of absolute freedom when on my bike, tan lines, how solid and strong my legs are, successful bike repairs, to name a few.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I found this and thought it was worth sharing. I find it to be very true in my experience. Have a great Friday y'all!

https://humancyclist.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/cycling-little-things/

good post, thanks.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 5 hour ride...had a lot of them happen!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    That rare and Zen like moment when you have a following wind that matches your road speed and all the wind roar goes away and you just hear the swish of the tyres on the road and a smooth running chain.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Lots of those things apply for me. My favorite is being surprised by wildlife along the beautiful wooded routes I get to ride early in the mornings. There is often a slight fog along the river as the sun comes up and it is very quiet. This is when I see lots of wildlife. Deer, black bears, mink, waterfowl, wild turkeys, eagles and even an occasional moose. I've had a few close calls with bears and turkeys crossing the road, but they are fun to see nonetheless.

m9v40lpo4d80.jpg

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I love that my bike came with a bottle carrier.....

ze11wxsnnrf3.jpg
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I love that my bike came with a bottle carrier.....

ze11wxsnnrf3.jpg

Hydration and painkiller in the same bottle!