Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Silly me....I wrote a whole long post and voila...it vanished :( Guess I press the wrong button :(

Thank you @volgirl1322, @LiLee2018 & @mistymeadows2005 for your healing vibes! Yes, I am Ms Impatient and I was actually called that when I first met my hubby ages ago...lol. You know how I feel now.....this says it all

qeda9v53hvsv.jpg

Week 37
    CW: 59.7kg

Going to write a short one as my kids are coming back from school and I need to prepare some snacks for them.

Today’s Date: 4 April 2019
    Todays Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 58kg (roughly 127lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 59.7kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses
    Today’s Exercise completed (calories burned if desired): None
    Hours slept: 7 hours or less
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - 850. (Carbonara Pasta, Ice Milo, Grapes & Lay's Sour Cream Chips)

That's all for now...got to run now as I can see my kids running towards the door...lol

Take care and sweet dreams, you guys! I just realized that you guys are either in bed or going to bed now. Have a wonderful Thursday :)

• jadepearl
    I think I need to be more patient...its easier said than done...lol

li91pov6zsf3.png

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    LOL I am totally the impatient one as well...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    TRUE DAT, especially with that second one! LOL
  • jadepearl
    I guess most of us are impatient @volgirl1322 & @mistymeadows2005 :lol:

Week 38
    CW:58.5kg (128.9lbs)

That's indeed a nice surprise Mr. Scale :) I actually didn't expect that but I will take it gladly. :joy: Its the 1st day of school holidays and both of my kids are already like cats and dogs. Whoever told me that it gets better when they get bigger ain't tell me no truth... :frowning: Hope I will not be too stressful and fall off the wagon :weary:

Today’s Date: 6April 2019
    Weight Goal for the Month: 58kg (roughly 127lbs)
    Today’s Weight: 58.5kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses
    Hours slept: 8 hours or less
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - 1203. (Hor Fun, Ice Milo, small bag of chips & hedgehog slice)
    Your thoughts/comments on the day: Got to stay strong and not fall off the wagon!

That's all for now...going to prepare for dinner as kids are complaining.
    Have a wonderful weekend, you guys! <3
  • jadepearl
    edited April 2019
    I keep telling myself that I have 8.5kg (roughly 19lbs) to go and I need to be strong and do not give up. I have been always struggling to loose weight ever since I gave birth to my #2. My #2 is already 10 and that means for 10 years, my weight has always been like a yo-yo. I know that whenever I reach this point, I tend to fall off the wagon and before I know it, I will be back up to 67kg which I DO NOT WANT! With school holidays now, my kids are constantly at each other and its only Day 1 today. :anguished: Really hope I don't get all depressed and start seeking food as my comfort :disappointed: Since July 2018, I loss 8.5kg (roughly 19lbs) and I am at the half mark. I know that I am REALLY SLOW like a turtle but at least I am loosing (that's what I tell myself..lol) Sure hope I can make it alive and still up on the wagon for this school holidays :weary:

na297q5prddo.jpg

Apologies for my little rant! Soon-to-be teenagers are so hard to handle :(
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    /HUGS You've recognized your pattern of self sabotage. You can stop it. If you need to do some 2mad days to get through the week, don't beat yourself up either. Stay strong!
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great and yeah the tween years are rough :)…..Love the turtle philosophy!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2019
    You've got this, Jade! It's good you don't want to go back up, trust me, you don't want to be there--because I didn't stay strong and instead of being in the "160" club (I couldn't help but notice the trend, everyone is kicking *kitten*!), I'm 54 pounds away from the 160's instead of 5 pounds away before I messed up, I was down to 174--I want to cry after writing that down. Stay strong, stay true to yourself!
  • mistymeadows2005
    YOU'VE GOT THIS JP!!! We're here for ya!!! Stay the course, run the play, you'll be golden <3
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 Yes, you are right. I know this is where I always falls off the wagon and before I know it, I hit my highest at 67kg :( I am trying my very best to stay on the wagon and hopefully, I succeed this time (fingers crossed)

@volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 I will remind myself to be the turtle and hopefully this time around, I will see 50kg at the finish line :)

@wsandy8512 - Thank you for visiting my humble thread <3 I hear you, girl! I have been doing this dance for a long long time and this time around, I hope I can get down to my GW of 50kg and maintain :)

@mistymeadows2005 _ Thank you <3 I am trying my best not to fall off the wagon and get into that ice-cream truck. If I do, I will be hitting my HW of 67kg in no time.

Week 38
    CW: 59kg

Good evening OMADers :)

As you can see from my weight, I have gained a little. I guess I just have to keep at it till I can say my good-bye to Mr 59. Currently, I guess he ain't letting me go :( Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support! <3<3<3 Its always this period that I will fall off the wagon and get into the ice-cream truck and its highway to Mr 67. Been down this route so many times and I hope and pray this time around, I will hit the opposite route to Mr 50. Fingers crossed!!!!

Today’s Date: 9 April 2019
    Weight Goal for the Month: 58kg
    Today’s Weight: 59kg
    Today’s Water Consumed: 5 glasses (not enough)
    Hours slept: 8 hours or less
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - 1064. (Singapore Noodles, Grapes and 6 x Arnold's Mint Slices )
    Thoughts : I must NOT fall off the wagon!!!

Hope that you guys will have a wonderful Tuesday! As for me, will be cooking dinner for my kids now and then do laundry + housework and hopefully able to sleep before 12mn.
  • LiLee2018
    You got this! Fluctuations will happen... and they suck *kitten*! Just stick with it!
  • volgirl1322
    Realizing where you fall off is part of the struggle --you are super-determined not to let it happen, so just keep doing what you are doing and results will come. We are all here to cheer you on!!!! You got this..... <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I would say forget about the past slip ups and just keep your focus on your present goals and successes. You are headed in the right direction and you will NOT fall off the wagon.
  • wsandy8512
    Try not to beat yourself up or be discouraged by the gain, it happens. Hang in there, you've got this!
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thanks <3 Ditto! Fluctuations sucks big time :( Am hanging and hopefully I don't fall off :worried:

@volgirl1322 - Thanks <3 I am so glad I found this group coz you guys are all so supportive, not like the women here in my little town. Going to hang on tight and hopefully, I will succeed this time. :worried:

@LadyBlanks - Thanks <3 I am keeping my fingers cross that this time I will NOT fall off :worried:

@wsandy8512 - Thanks <3 Going to try try again and hopefully this time I will be heading to route 50. :worried:

Week 38
    CW: Hide Mr Scale under the bed coz I do not want to get depressed.

Good evening OMADers <3

Thank you so much for your supports and encouragements <3<3<3 Didn't had a good morning as I was looking for some new jeans and 2 girls who are in their 20s were talking loudly about others and one of them said "that fat lady shouldn't be wearing slim jeans" and they laughed and laughed. It might not be me but I still feel the sting as there were quite a number of other women who were around me looking at the jeans too. I was a size 14 when I was at my highest weight and for quite a while I was wearing size 12. Currently, I am wearing size 10 and sometimes, I can fit into a size 8 if its the stretchable jeans. Seriously, young girls these days really love to put other women down :( From what I can see, one of them should be a size 8 and the other girl is around size 12.

I am not sure about the sizes in US but I googled this chart and please tell me if its correct...thank you.

75p6bdtkp20d.jpg

Today’s Date: 10 April 2019
    Weight Goal for the Month: 58kg
    Today’s Weight: Nil
    Today’s Water Consumed: 6 glasses (not enough)
    Hours slept: 6 hours or less
    Description/Photo of Meals: Total calories - 862. (Kimchi Ramen, Grapes, Iced Milo & Lay's Sour Cream Chips )
    Thoughts : I must NOT fall off the wagon!!!

Hope that tomorrow will be a better day for me :tired_face:
    Have a wonderful Wednesday, you guys! <3
  • wsandy8512
    Your current weight falls in the normal range, I highly doubt the girls were talking about you, but they're still wrong for talking the way the were about others. Women can be so judge-y. Grrrr

It's really, really normal when you are the weight you are to stall out or slow down on your losses. Please, please try not to be so hard on yourself! Also, and I know this may sound scary, but I think you might overcome your plateau and lose the last few pounds you want by actually upping your caloric intake. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Even if you didn't exercise and just laid in bed all day, your BMR (I don't know your age so I tapped in 30), is 1249--which means that is what you'd burn by doing absolutely nothing, as well as the calories required to maintain your current weight. Assuming you are sedentary at the very least, your BMR is 1499, which means that's how many calories you could eat to maintain and how much you'd need to maintain your current weight. But, sweetie, going through just a few pages of your caloric intake--you are not even eating enough to make it through any given day, you are always in a deficit, but not the good kind! I've seen 1000 and 800 quite often. :-( Restricting calories too much completely messes up your metabolism, even when doing OMAD. You do not need to do a low cal diet to lose weight when you're fasting every day. If I were you, I'd purposely shoot for at least 1300 calories/daily to lose weight.

Hugs sweet lady, and I really hope you're able to see yourself as the wonderful person you are, right now!

• volgirl1322
    I am so sorry for those mean girls that is just rude whether or not they were talking to you. But one, day, if they get married, have kids, they will be in the same boat, bc as a mom of two boys, my body has and never will be the same but I am not wanting it back to when I was 16 because my body is what carried two healthy babies :)….I say all that to say, we change over time, and as long as you are doing what makes you happy it is no one's business and they shouldn't talk like that about anyone....sorry that was a bit of a rant :)…..

I agree with wasandy8512 it may be that you aren't eating enough right now maybe you should try upping those calories to see what happens....that very well may be the key :)…..Regardless we are here to support you through your journey! Keep up the good work ---you totally will get there <3 hugs <3
  • LiLee2018
    UGH I can't stand people like that. Just remember that people who talk like that have pretty *kitten* lives and self esteem and have to bring others down to make themselves feel better. A-holes though.
    Don't let that kind of bitchy negativity get you down. You're still doing great!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yucky - I hate that kinda of negativity! Hopefully you shook it off and moved on.

THANK YOU SANDY! Yes, dear - JP!!! What have I been telling you?!??!! You've gotta FEED YOUR BODY or it'll reject losing.