Intermittent Fasting

New to MFP and IF, but so far loving IF. Less bloating and more energy. I’d love for some tips and ‘real people stories’ about it though.

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    @ladyzherra, thank you for sharing, so insightful and reeking with wisdom. Wishing you the best in your wellness journey.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    avaisadora wrote: »
    Hello! First week IF and I’ve only lost 1lb, I hear of all these amazing stories of 6lbs down on their first week and it’s hard for me not to be disappointed. I eat no more than 1400 cal/day and do 4 intensive works out a week. I’m a female, 5’8 and 165lbs - looking to drop 25lbs. Any one experience the same slow weight loss or have any feedback to share :)

If someone is losing 6 pounds in the first week of a weight loss plan, it is water weight. Six pounds of fat would only be a healthy pace of fat loss for someone who was VERY obese and under strict medical supervision. Doing IF does not change this. IF is simply how some people prefer to create a calorie deficit.

One pound per week is really the max pace at which you should be trying to lose if you only have 25 pounds to go.

If you don’t already use a food scale to weigh all solid food, get one and get in the habit of using it consistently. With a small amount to lose, your deficit will be small and it’s very easy to wipe it out with a few logging errors. The best way to avoid logging errors is by weighing food.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I naturally do IF on weekends because it's just how my schedule matches up. It works well for me and allows me to have plenty of energy on Monday for my biggest workout of the week. I wouldn't be able to do it during the week because I wake up too early for that and get dizzy If I don't eat within a few hours of waking up
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great discussion!
  • avaisadora
    avaisadora Posts: 9 Member
    @avaisadora, congratulations on losing 1 lb. it’s a milestone start and with your discipline, patience and perseverance, the first of many more to be shed. There are a lot of people beginning their weight loss journey, just like you, who maybe gained or lost no weight during the same period. They would gladly swap scales with you.

Be grateful and continue marching forward in your fitness, health and wellness journey. Don’t quit until the miracle arrives. If you need support, visit our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP. We’ll support you to the best of our cyberspace abilities. Wishing you the best.

Would love to join that group! New to the community and am unsure as to where to locate that group on here, can you

REALLY appreciate yours and everyone’s words here, I’m going to stick it out and try to be patient. Excited to go on that journey with the support of this group, as well as giving support :)
  • avaisadora
    apullum wrote: »
    Hello! First week IF and I’ve only lost 1lb, I hear of all these amazing stories of 6lbs down on their first week and it’s hard for me not to be disappointed. I eat no more than 1400 cal/day and do 4 intensive works out a week. I’m a female, 5’8 and 165lbs - looking to drop 25lbs. Any one experience the same slow weight loss or have any feedback to share :)

If someone is losing 6 pounds in the first week of a weight loss plan, it is water weight. Six pounds of fat would only be a healthy pace of fat loss for someone who was VERY obese and under strict medical supervision. Doing IF does not change this. IF is simply how some people prefer to create a calorie deficit.

One pound per week is really the max pace at which you should be trying to lose if you only have 25 pounds to go.

If you don’t already use a food scale to weigh all solid food, get one and get in the habit of using it consistently. With a small amount to lose, your deficit will be small and it’s very easy to wipe it out with a few logging errors. The best way to avoid logging errors is by weighing food.

Thanks for the advice! If anything I think I may undereat, which from what I hear can get in the way of weight loss as well. I had a baby 2yrs ago and ever since then he same old tricks stopped working for me. Which is why I’m trying out IF. Agree that 6lbs is agressive, however it’s hard to keep working so hard (I’ve been working on this baby weight for over a year now) to see small movements on the scale.
  • avaisadora
    rosiorama wrote: »

I am also female, 5’8” and my goal weight is 165. 🙂 Not judging your goals, but your weight right now is pretty close to the healthy range for your height. As such, it’s unrealistic to expect such a dramatic loss in such a short time. Celebrate the loss of a pound! Unless you are obese, losing six pounds in a week is not realistic or healthy. Good luck!

Excited to root you along this journey :)