Looking for other moms

I am looking for another mom to join me on my journey of weight loss

I am ready to get rid of this extra 50 pounds that I carry around every day. I had my daughter on February 7th and lost 21 pounds since then. I would like to get down to ONEderland by Christmas. That is 41 pounds away and I think I can do that by then... 5 pounds a month.

I am hoping to find more new mommies that want to lose weight and talk about more than just weight loss as well.... if I could find a new mom who is also breastfeeding, I would be over the moon excited.

Hope to hear from someone soon! <3

Replies

• AaneaGayle
    AaneaGayle Posts: 111 Member
    While I don't fit into the category of new Mom, I am A Mom. I just wanted to reach and and say that you can do this. Your body is a miracle, it's produced miracles, and you are well on your way to achieving your very well thought out goals. Wishing you the very best on your weight loss journey.
  • shanaevans
    shanaevans Posts: 1 Member
    Hi!! I’m also a nursing mom to my 8 mo old baby girl!!
  • pkksmama
    pkksmama Posts: 58 Member
    I had my baby on Feb 8th! I’m also breastfeeding. Add me! I’d love more support to get to my goal. I’ve got 40 lbs to lose. I’d love to lose quite a bit by a wedding in October but I lift too and I’m having a hard time finding a good calorie amount with eating healthy and not having it mess up my milk.
  • mrschappy182
    mrschappy182 Posts: 69 Member
    Nursing my 16 month old here! I'm down the baby weight but really want to get an extra 10 lbs off. The last little bit is hard! Lots and lots and even more water is helping to keep the nursing going while exercising!
  • NLMomma
    NLMomma Posts: 2 Member
    You ladies can add me if you want ! A new mom and nursing ! Had my little boy feb 28
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Currently a mom of two. One is two and the other one is a month old. So far lost 35 pounds!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,949 Member
    I am not a new mom but I am a mom to a 13 y/o daughter whom I homeschool... I wanted to congratulate all you new mother's .... Wishing you all much success :) You are all welcome to add me if you would like ... :)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    I'm not a NEW mom, but I am a mom (8-year old daughter), feel free to add!
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    I have two kids. I’m breastfeeding my toddler, although that hardly counts as its way easier than breastfeeding an infant was! I’ve almost lost 30 lbs using this app, but have much more to lose.
  • MissSerenaMarie
    MissSerenaMarie Posts: 15 Member
    Not a new mum ... I have a 14 and 12 year old... feel free to add me😊
  • New_me_19
    New_me_19 Posts: 40 Member
    Im not a new mum but I do have 4 little ones and would love to join you lovely ladies on your journey. I have around 60lbs to loose, have lost 44lbs do far

Add me as a friend if you would like
    And good luck :)
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Not a new mom - mine are 6 and 8 - but I gained 50 lbs from an illness last year (and I was already overweight). I really hope yo get back down to 200 by the end of the year, which is 50 lbs for me.
    I started walking my dog every day about 1.5 -2 miles, but I take some meds that keep me up too late and I binge when I am the only one awake in the house. I have been trying to text/chat with my friend in Alask at night to try to keep my hands busy and the binging to a minimum, but it doesn't always work.
    My biggest stumbling block is logging everything. I do great until after dinner, then I get lazy (or ashamed) and dont log the nuts and cheese and other assorted savory snacks I cream into my piehole while watching 80s TV on Hulu. I think if I can just get back on a good sleep schedule, I can do much better.

I tried melatonin, but it gives me crazy dreams that I am starting to confuse with real life- long story!

Anyway, I would be down with being a support and accountability buddy, especially to a night owl who needs a friend.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Feel free to add me! Not a new mom, my son is 5. But I’m on this journey as well. 35 pounds to go for me!
  • samibuff
    samibuff Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I had my second baby girl just about a month ago. Have about 15-20 more lbs to get to pre pregnancy weight. I had gained 43 while pregnant.
    We are exclusively nursing, so I’m not trying to lose weight too fast, or cut calories too much so far, but just trying to get back into tracking to keep myself accountable
  • __MamaBear__
    __MamaBear__ Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Mama,
    I'm not a new mom but have two kids. Four year old daughter and 1-1/2 year old son. I have tried this app many times but never stuck to it. I'm trying to drop around 40 pounds..but have NO self motivation! Hopefully this time will be different. Any of you Mama's out there can add me and help me stay focused and not give up!
  • kns1988
    kns1988 Posts: 18 Member
    I have a 3 month old and 2 year old, and I'm also nursing the little one. I gained 40 pounds during my last pregnancy, and I'm currently 15 pounds away from pre-baby weight (my goal).
  • FindMeUnderTheWillow
    FindMeUnderTheWillow Posts: 15 Member
    Not a new Mom, but I have a 5 yr old and 18mo old. My little one just weaned 2 months ago. Anyone please feel free to add me! I've lost 35lbs since January, with another 95 to go. Would love more support and to help encourage those who need it too!
  • bluejy4
    bluejy4 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello fellow mommies!! I would love some new friends too...definitely could use the inspiration and motivation. I've been struggling and need to get back on track. Looking forward to the fellowship :)
  • Hi, I have 4 little ones and am trying to lose the weight!! Really want some active mfp members to help motivate me!
  • emkrichardson
    emkrichardson Posts: 18 Member
    I just had my first baby in early February. I'm trying to slowly get back into healthy eating habits. I didn't gain much weight during pregnancy and was down 25lbs within a week of giving birth, but it's slowly creeping back in. I want to keep my progress and make more so I can feel good and be able to keep up with my little guy as he grows up.