low cal, quick & easy breakfasts

courtney4048
courtney4048 Posts: 1 Member
I’m a nurse and work long shifts! I tend to drink lots of coffee although I’m hungry I snack on biscuits to keep me going. Breakfast is where I strugggle. This is my first time CC!
Is there any quick low cal ideas?

Thankyou!!

Replies

• MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Hard boiled eggs
    Boil the water, add egg for 12 minutes.
    Usually around 50-55grams (about 75cal depending on weight)

and for me it’s super satieting
  • veggieburger1
    veggieburger1 Posts: 12 Member
    Oats with zucchini grated in for bulk and a little extra veggies. It really doesn't change the flavor much and usually I add in some stevia, salt and cinnamon and I love it!
  • MidwestAndHappy
    MidwestAndHappy Posts: 28 Member
    I second the oats, it's really good! I like to do cinnamon/sugar + apple because it tastes like apple pie :)
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Overnight oats are quick to make and can be low calorie.
  • KristinaArmbruster
    KristinaArmbruster Posts: 3 Member
    Original Fiber One Cereal with Greek Yogurt
  • grace42c
    grace42c Posts: 71 Member
    Scrambled egg whites with kale or spinach and feta. Takes about 5 minutes to make.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited April 2019
    Almost every day (today was an exception because I was out) for breakfast, I eat a measured out 1/4 cup of 2% or 4% cottage cheese with blackberries or blueberries on top. Keeps me filled up for around 100 cals. The lower fat cottage cheese tastes terrible, and doesn't keep me full. I typically buy a big container, and then measure it out for the week in 8 small tupperware containers, and add my rinsed of fruit. Also at the end of the day sometimes I'll have another container (just a couple times a week). Better than grabbing a bag of chips.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Trail mix of almonds and roasted edamame
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Not sure what you consider lo-cal. For roughly 320 calories, I weight out 1 cup of red seedless grapes (you can use other fruit; blueberries or clementine segments work well too) top with 1 single-serve container of double-protein fat-free Greek yogurt and crumble 1 bar out of a Nature Valley granola bar 2-pack on top.
  • 12gr34
    12gr34 Posts: 8 Member
    Alternate Costco Premier Protien shake with egg whites and salsa...every third day have some PB and toast with shake or eggs to add more protein...every fifth day have half to full cup of oatmeal...I usually treat myself to a reasonable cereal once a week, such as Raisin Bran or Shreddies. Mix it up with some fat free Greek Yogurt to keep from getting bored.
  • HWSF4444
    HWSF4444 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm always in a hurry in the morning, but I have issues with food that isn't freshly made, so I've never been successful with food prepping. My workaround is as follows, and comes to about 300 calories of a filling, savory breakfast, made quickly while simultaneously getting ready for work:

1) Quickly slice a zucchini and some broccoli, put into a pot of water and turn on the stove to boil.

2) Hop in the shower.

3) After showering and dressing, the pot has boiled and the veggies are cooked. Add in a half cup of frozen peas, swirl around, then drain.

4) Add a cup of egg whites from a store-bought carton to the pan. Stir while cooking.

5) Put the lot in a Tupperware container, add two wedges of light Laughing Cow cheese.

6) Top with some soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, and Cayenne pepper.

Mmmmm :)
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    I rotate a few different things that I can take and eat at work. Half a whole wheat english muffin with .75 tbsp peanut butter, hard boiled egg & Mandarin orange or Steelcut Oatmeal w/ berries or raisins and some sliced almonds or yogurt with granola and banana or kashi cinnamon harvest cereal and milk w/ banana, sometimes leftovers from the weekend breakfasts where we tend to make larger meals at home.