Which lifting program is the best for you?

Replies

• Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    ritzvin wrote: »
    You wouldn't be doing it every day. ..you need at least 1 day recovery time between sessions (this is when your muscles are repairing and getting stronger, growing). 3 days per week (or even just 2).

I understand what you meant and I have made up a list for a set A and a set B so Set A's workout is for Mondays and Fridays while set B is only for Wednesdays. I could show you if you'd like? :wink: :smiley:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I like PPL, and I've been doing PPL, PPL, Rest for a while now.

Although I feel like there are a few areas I'm neglecting that I'd like to focus on, and there's just not enough days in the week lol

So I've been looking at Full Body routines as a way to keep up my volume, cut back on days, and use those freed days for focus on other areas and recovery...

The drawback is losing those days of focused volume... But does it really even matter if I focus on one or two days or break the volume up over more days.
  • Afitbeginning
    Afitbeginning Posts: 31 Member
    If im looking for a programme that incorporates cardio and strength for beginners, which one would be best?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    If im looking for a programme that incorporates cardio and strength for beginners, which one would be best?

Millionaire Hoy on YouTube has some great strength based cardio workouts... I would highly recommend him
  • scottfother
    scottfother Posts: 1 Member

Athlean x
  • Afitbeginning

Millionaire Hoy on YouTube has some great strength based cardio workouts... I would highly recommend him

Thank you but was hoping for a workout I could use at the gym xx
  • Afitbeginning

Athlean x

Thank you!
  • jen20l9
    jen20l9 Posts: 16 Member
    To look into!
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    My current choice is between dumbbell or bodyweight routines. (I’m not willing to keep barbells at home and not willing to join a gym again at this time.) I test-started the M&S full body dumbbell program today. I noticed it said not to add other exercises. Is that specific to not adding extra lifts? I’m trying to progress with certain body weight exercises and am not willing to give up on my pushups, chinups and pullups specifically. The rest I am willing to replace with the program. If I still do these three exercises on lifting days will that be a problem? If I shouldn’t do that, my plan is to just go with a bodyweight program instead and occasionally use dumbbell videos just because I like them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    Added Stephanie Buttermore's womens program, which is on sale for $20 right now.
  • classic2o
    classic2o Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you @psuLemon!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @psuLemon just to let you know the first two links to Strong Curves bodyweight and template send you to page not found since the templates are no longer available for free online (as far as I know). Maybe linking all of them to that last link which works or the link to the Amazon page to order the book.
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    I am really liking PPL!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    @psuLemon just to let you know the first two links to Strong Curves bodyweight and template send you to page not found since the templates are no longer available for free online (as far as I know). Maybe linking all of them to that last link which works or the link to the Amazon page to order the book.

They are available in spreadsheet form here:

https://liftvault.com/programs/strength/strong-curves-program-spreadsheet/#Strong_Curves_Bootyful_Beginnings_Workout_Spreadsheet
  • msurkus
    msurkus Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2019
    The best program is the one you do.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »

They are available in spreadsheet form here:

https://liftvault.com/programs/strength/strong-curves-program-spreadsheet/#Strong_Curves_Bootyful_Beginnings_Workout_Spreadsheet

Thanks. I have updated the links. Sorry it took awhile to respond. Work and home life has been crazy.
  • Keto_Tranform_Me
    Keto_Tranform_Me Posts: 17 Member
    Following
  • planj
    planj Posts: 118 Member
    Thank you!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Anyone else do The Muscle Building Routine from the first post?