My setbacks were major, but so is my comeback ✊🏽 An honest story of losing 130 pounds.

Replies

• Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Amazing!!! Truly inspirational!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Fabulous honey!! <3<3<3
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    How long did it take you to lose those 130 lb?

By the way, you look fabulous!
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Teach me that kind of dedication!!! How did you stop being your own enemy?
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    I miss a day and beat myself up! Then give up on myself. Where’s my will power???!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Amazing!!! Congrats to you.
  • Nanalove2018
    Nanalove2018 Posts: 283 Member
    How long did it take you to lose those 130 lb?

By the way, you look fabulous!

About a year and a half! Thank you 🥰💕💖
  • Nanalove2018
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Teach me that kind of dedication!!! How did you stop being your own enemy?

I just realized that what I wanted in the long run was stronger than any weak moment, craving or mistake I've made. You got this!! 💕
  • Nanalove2018
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    I miss a day and beat myself up! Then give up on myself. Where’s my will power???!!

Please be kind to yourself. The journey is up and down for everyone. I dont care who sells you the dream of theirs being perfect. You are human and you will make mistakes. It's important to acknowledge them, study them, but do not live in them 💖
  • Nanalove2018
    Thanks everyone for the support!! It truly means a lot to me! I am always hesitate to share progress pictures because I'm shy by nature even online lol
  • kshel24
    kshel24 Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing results and beautiful testimony, respect to you and your transparency in overcoming these challenges in life; encouraging!
  • Nanalove2018
    kshel24 wrote: »
    Amazing results and beautiful testimony, respect to you and your transparency in overcoming these challenges in life; encouraging!

Thank you so much!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    You were beautiful at your heaviest but you are stunning as a new person...Congrats and thanks for sharing your honest story :)
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    January 19th, I stepped on the scale at 19 years old and saw that I was a whopping 301.2 pounds. It was one of the most eye opening days of my life. How could someone so young got to be so unhealthy? This is not just because of my extreme obesity but my mental state, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and being pre diabetic.

That day I chose to change my life around. Through calorie counting and exercising, I managed to finally lose over 130 pounds in college.

This is not to say that my setbacks were not major. You had a cheat day or weekend? I had cheat months! You gained some weight back? So did I plus tax lol. As a result, I started to develope unhealthy obsessions and behaviors in order to insure I didnt gain the weight back. Thankfully, I put a stop to those habits 6 months ago. The journey was not always a high one. However, it was one worth going through.

After weight loss, I soon realized that it does not fix everything. As I said in a post before, weight loss exposes the cracks of things that were already broken. Therefore, I chased after guys, tried to please everyone, wanted external validation, lost friends, got side eyes from family members, and most importantly I started to beat up and correct myself over the simplest things.

I thought love came after weight loss but that is not the truth. I urge anyone who is on this journey to do it for YOU not pressures from anyone else. You are beautiful now and anyone who can not see that should be dropped faster than the weight.

For me, I have learned a lot since I first stepped on the scale. Not just about people but myself. I realized I had emptied my own cup trying to fill everyone else's. I realized that it was never about perfection but about progression. After dealing with an anxiety and depressed filled 2018, I decided to take strides towards creating my own little self love movement. I do not wish to push my message on anyone but I hope this helped you in some way.
    301.2-->168 pounds

Have a great day 💕

"Your setbacks were major, but so will be your comeback
    rkgo2gj8h39a.jpg

dx99jzvb1tg4.jpg

t6ctkg4bgkz0.jpg

rz6ddnqxdao7.jpg

dcdu7axfjkta.jpg

[edited by MFP mods]
    Girrrrlll you look fabulous. Takes a lot for someone to admit somethings wrong and admit mistakes and you did so openly. This is extremely inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Ah yaaaaasssss!!! Way to go! You look amazing and you did before but you a little more confident in those new pics.
  • hanekata
    hanekata Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks so much that has really encouraged me today
  • Nanalove2018
    Thank yall so much!!!!!💕💖 yall will do great!
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Awesome! Great job!
  • mcg316
    mcg316 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow!! You are so beautiful.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    You look amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!