What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited April 2019
    sdewey415 wrote: »

The small clothes that you save "for when you lose weight" might not always fit still. I am now finding out what clothes were waiting for their moment to be worn, and which ones were just ill fitting from the get go and need to be gotten rid of.

This right here ^^^
    I had a tshirt I bought on sale couple of years ago that was too tight, but kept it for when I'd lose weight. I brought out spring/summer clothes yesterday and tried stuff on. That shirt I'd been keeping for 3 years fits now but I hate the way it looks, just doesn't hang right. I can finally put it in the goodwill pile without reservation. There were also things I bought at the end of the season last year that were super tight but figured they'd fit this spring. Now they're too big!!! I ain't mad though, they were either thrift store buys or super cheap.
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Well, today is 60 pounds gone. Having a hard time coping with “smaller me”. It kind of hit me today when my trainer just about forced my chin up to make me look at myself in the mirror. I can’t bear to see myself. I still feel fat, make the same old apologetic fat jokes, etc.

I was very surprised in that instant. It was like seeing a stranger. I was the first time I had thought of myself as (dare I say it?) thin.

I keep thinking, naw, “thin” was the 120 I weighed when I got married, and 161 just doesn’t “sound” thin, and these smalls I’m wearing are just the result of vanity sizing.

As I sit here typing this, I still feel like same old same old “me”, as if nothing’s changed, right? It’s just all so confusing. When I first got on MFP, I read the posts and secretly thought Body Dismorphia was BS. It’s a thing, y’all. This whole weight thing, the beating myself up for being up or down, the refusing to look at myself in the mirror, to see or acknowledge the changes in my body, wanting to crawl under a rock when someone says something nice, it all makes my brain feel so disassociated with my body.

I know exactly what you mean! I keep hopping on the scales just to make sure the number there is correct. Bought a Fitbit because I want to keep seeing that my resting heart rate is lower than it once was. Crazy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!