What do you do for a living?

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    _TomCat_ wrote: »
    I used to do some modeling, when I was younger and in better shape. Probably nothing you've seen unless you lived near the area I was living in the nineties, and looked through the JC Penney's advertisements. Most of my work was modeling footwear, men's hosiery. Yes, I was a sock model back in the day.

Are you my brother? He did some JcPenney modeling in the nineties and his name is Tom.

If you are my brother and have seen some of my posts, don't tell mom and dad, that would be awkward. Also if you're my brother Tom don't tell me and we will pretend this never happened.
    A deep-seated fear of mine.

I could be your sister.

Holy *kitten* i was just thinking this today.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    I used to do some modeling, when I was younger and in better shape. Probably nothing you've seen unless you lived near the area I was living in the nineties, and looked through the JC Penney's advertisements. Most of my work was modeling footwear, men's hosiery. Yes, I was a sock model back in the day.

Are you my brother? He did some JcPenney modeling in the nineties and his name is Tom.

If you are my brother and have seen some of my posts, don't tell mom and dad, that would be awkward. Also if you're my brother Tom don't tell me and we will pretend this never happened.

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

9dde2961bfdf223a347b7ea5637d5d31.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited April 2019

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

Ok, don’t tell mommy I’m a badword on the internet and i won’t tell her you hit on me.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

Ok, don’t tell mommy I’m a badword on the internet and i won’t tell her you hit on me.

giphy.gif
  • RomaineCalm

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

It was merely a test, sister dearest.
  • your_future_ex_wife

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

I don’t even know how to study for a test like that.
  • RomaineCalm

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

And I didn't know how to pronounce Beulah. Are we even?
  • your_future_ex_wife

I could be your sister.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY

And I didn't know how to pronounce Beulah. Are we even?

Fine, yes, even.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    go_cubs wrote: »
    go_cubs wrote: »
    I’m a slave basically

That’s offensive.

How

Not sure but I was offended.

Don’t be so sensitive:)
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    FaabLife4 wrote: »
    I drive a dump truck. I love my job, it's fun. 😁

My grandpa drove a dump truck- was an escavator by trade - went to work with him all the time as a kid - it was always fun-

Thats awesome. I grew up on a farm so i was always at work with my granddaddy.....it was great 😁😁😁 and my daddy owned a construction company. I love being outside. I started out operating heavy equipment. Then got my CDL and started driving and I was hooked. LOL. My parents still get at me about a different line of work but I'd die in an office and I love going to work. That is what is important to me. Lol.
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member

My grandpa drove a dump truck- was an escavator by trade - went to work with him all the time as a kid - it was always fun-

I grew up on a farm and my daddy owned a construction company. I love being outside. I started out operating heavy equipment. Then got my CDL and started driving and I was hooked. LOL. My parents still get at me about a different line of work but I'd die in an office and I love going to work. That is what is important to me. Lol.

Hey, if you enjoy it, it's not really work, right? Not many can say that! Way to go!!
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    High school teacher currently. Really considering making a career switch tho 🙃
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Chief flavour officer
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    Chief flavour officer

This sounds important
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I sometimes get paid in citrus fruit
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    mike_rom wrote: »

I grew up on a farm and my daddy owned a construction company. I love being outside. I started out operating heavy equipment. Then got my CDL and started driving and I was hooked. LOL. My parents still get at me about a different line of work but I'd die in an office and I love going to work. That is what is important to me. Lol.

Hey, if you enjoy it, it's not really work, right? Not many can say that! Way to go!!

Thank You! I agree it doesn't feel like work at all 😁
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    I buy older cars and trucks, rebuild and restore them, and sell them. Kind of like Gas Monkey on a smaller scale.

Beautiful car! I also did this for a while. My father was an old school hot rodder and I grew up around old stuff and had my first shop at age 18 back in '93. College by day studying drafting & design/engineering & computer science and building cars in my free time. I sold off most all my car stuff in 2005-2006.

I've done various things over the years - owned a computer store, ran a car audio & home theater store, built cars, hardcore networking/IT type stuff, web development/server administration, and a bunch of other things. But right now I've got a bunch of personal health stuff going on that takes up most of my time so I just run a few small blogs and websites from home.

• bassfishingirls
    bassfishingirls Posts: 17 Member
    Caregiver for disabled
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    I play Super Mario Bros in Excel and write words on calculator tape. It pays the bills.