Do you walk in place to reach your step goal?

2»

Replies

• r5abel
    r5abel Posts: 1 Member
    I work out of my home. I try to get up each hour and get my steps in. I walk, March and jog in place. I also give my arms a workout at the same time. If I’m short steps or just feel like I need a bit more, i put my fit bit on my ankle and do some old fashioned bicycling on the floor. This also works my abs a little.
    My Fitbit seems to keep track.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    LOL.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    r5abel wrote: »
    I work out of my home. I try to get up each hour and get my steps in. I walk, March and jog in place. I also give my arms a workout at the same time. If I’m short steps or just feel like I need a bit more, i put my fit bit on my ankle and do some old fashioned bicycling on the floor. This also works my abs a little.
    My Fitbit seems to keep track.

Keeps track of steps.

Just be aware the distance calculated off those steps, and resulting calorie burn, have no reality to the actual calorie burn you are doing cycling.

I'd imagine in fact it's only seeing slight impact from one foot, not sure how it could even sense the other one.
    so probably half the steps.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Welcome to the Borg! Silly fitbit. It gives me steps for drying my hair. Rather that worrying about/counting steps, which is so arbitrary, focus on how many calories you are burning. If you get up and walk for 5-10 minutes each hour, you are doing fine. Add in a couple of mile walks, a run, or a good 15-30 minute cardio video and you are OK.
    Basically, fitbit and all the other fitness trackers are for making sure we aren't sitting on our fannies all day. (Not to mention making a buck or two off of us!)
    Get up and move...walk, run, dance, clean house